Kurt Warner's Postgame Comments

RFIP

Rookie
Reaction score
After he comes out of ICU I'll post them...

That is without question the worst OL in football, EVER!

To pin this loss and anyone, or ANYTHING other than the OL shows complete ignorance.

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
Warner sucks. Is he a rookie QB or a Veteran QB cause only rookie QB makes that kind of mistakes. :mad:

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
azdad1978 said:
Warner sucks. Is he a rookie QB or a Veteran QB cause only rookie QB makes that kind of mistakes. :mad:

Warners going to fumble the ball. Thats just a fact. But we could still be an elite team with him behind center if he was give time. I truly believe that. Some of his passes were just sick and he is the QB since this team moved here that i have felt the best about when they drop back. I think we have all the makings of a five star offense if we just could find a line. Its the most important piece of any sucessful offense and DG has missed on just about every call on that line. Warner is not the problem, i promise. Hes not what he used to be, but hes more than good enough.....

Mr.Dibbs

Cap Casualty
Reaction score
What's frustrating is that at time the offense looked really good. He threw a great pass in the endzone that was dropped. Marcel had a few good runs. If we could have back two of the holding calls, we would have won this game.

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
Arizona's Finest said:
Warners going to fumble the ball. Thats just a fact. But we could still be an elite team with him behind center if he was give time. I truly believe that. Some of his passes were just sick and he is the QB since this team moved here that i have felt the best about when they drop back. I think we have all the makings of a five star offense if we just could find a line. Its the most important piece of any sucessful offense and DG has missed on just about every call on that line. Warner is not the problem, i promise. Hes not what he used to be, but hes more than good enough.....

Completly agree on this...for anyone to say Warner -as a whole- is the problem, is not watching the games. He made some terrific passes today and kept this team in the game.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
LVCARDFREAK said:
Completly agree on this...for anyone to say Warner -as a whole- is the problem, is not watching the games. He made some terrific passes today and kept this team in the game.

Its just the same old crap as always people have an obsession with the position. Somehow people ignore the dreadful play of our Oline, our running game still sucks and that our Wrs dropped passes in the end zone ... it just goes back to this one position. You know the same as last year (some of us pointed it out then)

Warner played okay (he got lucky with the fumbles) but until this Oline and running game are fixed. We aren't winning squat

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
Evil Ash said:
Its just the same old crap as always people have an obsession with the position. Somehow people ignore the dreadful play of our Oline, our running game still sucks and that our Wrs dropped passes in the end zone ... it just goes back to this one position. You know the same as last year (some of us pointed it out then)

Warner played okay (he got lucky with the fumbles) but until this Oline and running game are fixed. We aren't winning squat

I agree so I am not sure why you are arguing with me, or maybe you arent. :D AZdad said our QB sucks and I just pointed out he wasnt the reason this team lost.

Either stop the run or run the ball, thats the key to success in the NFL...the Cards do neither. They can make as many spectacular plays as they want between the 20's but if you cant run inside the redzone you are toast!

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
LVCARDFREAK said:

Eh.. I don't know. Warner choked a couple of times, but BJ and Lee also let him down.

Were too inconsistent on offense. Our pass blocking over all was decent I thought. Marcell averaged better than four yards a carry.

We've got the talent to compete, were just not executing well enough right now.

Rams4evah

Veteran
Reaction score
By taking those sacks, ,one could say Warner is still a Rams fan.

Tough loss, and one more game to add to the rivalry.

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
Crimson Warrior said:
Eh.. I don't know. Warner choked a couple of times, but BJ and Lee also let him down.

Were too inconsistent on offense. Our pass blocking over all was decent I thought. Marcell averaged better than four yards a carry.

He wouldnt be throwing 40 times game if this team coudl run the ball consistently. Warner is fine, it is the inability to run or stop the run that makes this team so beatable.

IN fact had Martz maybe let Jackson actually run for 25 carries today it might have been much worse than the final score was.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
LVCARDFREAK said:
He wouldnt be throwing 40 times game if this team coudl run the ball consistently. Warner is fine, it is the inability to run or stop the run that makes this team so beatable.

IN fact had Martz maybe let Jackson actually run for 25 carries today it might have been much worse than the final score was.

I'm gonna call bs on that one.

Past cardinals teams would have not been able to stop a team from running out the clock like the rams tried to do in the 4th.

We shut Jackson down when they tried to run it down our throats late in the game.

Jackson was effective, but he wasn't dominant. We contained him, and, overall we contained the rams offense.

The defense did its job today. We lost the game in the rams redzone. Pure and simple.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
Evil Ash said:

It's simple because most people only watch the ball. It takes a skilled eye and knowledge to be able to isolate poor line play, however, with our line it is as easy as it gets.

Blaming the QB is the easiest thing in the world to do and takes no observation skills nor knowledge of football, in fact a 6 year old girl could do it just as well.

You are right on the money the game is won in the trenches if the cards can't put it together on the o line then they are not going to win a lot of games. It just sickens me to watch how this line cannot get any push and protect the QB regaurdless of whom it is. If the line was even half decent the Cardinals score at least 2 TD's.

Last edited:

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
Crimson Warrior said:
I'm gonna call bs on that one.

Past cardinals teams would have not been able to stop a team from running out the clock like the rams tried to do in the 4th.

We shut Jackson down when they tried to run it down our throats late in the game.

Jackson was effective, but he wasn't dominant. We contained him, and, overall we contained the rams offense.

The defense did its job today. We lost the game in the rams redzone. Pure and simple.

They stopped him when they need to I agree but they also had 9 guys in the box on 1st and second down coz they knew who it was going to. Oh and btw, the Rams got a 1st down running the ball, prior to giivng it back to the Cards with the 2:00 minute punt.

Regardless, you dont think Martz could have given Jackson some more carries considering he had only 18 carries and averaged 5.2 ypc? Come on surely you see this teams inability to either run the ball or stop the run is what is , and what will continue to be, the cause for their losses?

I agree this the defense stepped up in the 4th quarter but it sure did take them long enough when clancy was playing the old bend but dont break, drop 7 into coverage defense...

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
LVCARDFREAK said:
They stopped him when they need to I agree but they also had 9 guys in the box on 1st and second down coz they knew who it was going to. Oh and btw, the Rams got a 1st down running the ball, prior to giivng it back to the Cards with the 2:00 minute punt.

Regardless, you dont think Martz could have given Jackson some more carries considering he had only 18 carries and averaged 5.2 ypc? Come on surely you see this teams inability to either run the ball or stop the run is what is , and what will continue to be, the cause for their losses?

I agree this the defense stepped up in the 4th quarter but it sure did take them long enough when clancy was playing the old bend but dont break, drop 7 into coverage defense...

Eh. You make some good points LV. I guess if your saying the defense could have played better, then I will agree.

OP
OP
sportznutt

sportznutt

Canadian Card
Reaction score
I only asked because I was wondering what his mentality was for not spiking the ball.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Crimson Warrior said:

I do not seeing Warner "choking" at all. Like any QB he made some bad plays. He also got us to the 5 in 1:23. I doubt McCown can do that. He is a guy who has been there and keeps his cool and has won the super bowl. McCown cannot touch Warner in ability. Due to Warner's age he is probably good for one more year if he choses to stay with the Cards. I somehow wonder if he will if offered the job. Where is our QB of the future? Probably playing in Pittsburg or Jacksonville. Where is our OL of the future? Beats the hell out of me. The only future on this team right now is our receivers and perhaps Rolle, Wilson, and some of our defensive linemen and linebackers. With what we have it frankly does not look very good for the future. We will draft high again but it will still be a rookie. Our only hope is to make some good FA acquisitions and spend all our Cap money and not bank it. Does anyone seriously consider McCown our QB of the future?

Rats

Somanyfreaks,SofewCircus'
Reaction score
john h said:
I do not seeing Warner "choking" at all. Like any QB he made some bad plays. He also got us to the 5 in 1:23. I doubt McCown can do that. He is a guy who has been there and keeps his cool and has won the super bowl. McCown cannot touch Warner in ability. Due to Warner's age he is probably good for one more year if he choses to stay with the Cards. I somehow wonder if he will if offered the job. Where is our QB of the future? Probably playing in Pittsburg or Jacksonville. Where is our OL of the future? Beats the hell out of me. The only future on this team right now is our receivers and perhaps Rolle, Wilson, and some of our defensive linemen and linebackers. With what we have it frankly does not look very good for the future. We will draft high again but it will still be a rookie. Our only hope is to make some good FA acquisitions and spend all our Cap money and not bank it. Does anyone seriously consider McCown our QB of the future?
Broken Record :violin:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05