Kyle thinks we should beat Miami first, then consider becoming buyers at the trade deadline

602 Native

All Star
Reaction score
With Tua returning this is a totally different dolphins team.

If you are quoting stats from when he was out those don’t apply at all.

Hope the Cards defense can get to him and make him skittish.

JohnnyCakes

Alpha Male
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why? We have money. If it makes the difference come crunch time in December it'll be worth it.
this

Being overly methodical on this "rebuild" is a tad reckless for a franchise that has given its fans NOTHING to be excited about since Carson Palmer

If there is a chance to be playing for a division title then you go for it. Just give us something to look forward to for petes sake

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No reason to trade for players on expiring deals tho mid season.
Eh, I don’t mind doing this, especially if we have a hand-shake agreement for an extension with that player beforehand. I just wouldn’t do that with a player like Chase Young at all.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Why? We have money. If it makes the difference come crunch time in December it'll be worth it.
Our roster is so bad, even if Monti is mid on draft picks, that the Cardinals need to keep it's mid to late picks IMO. The one caveat would be if they intend to trade and extend. Then I would be fine with it.

JohnnyCakes

Alpha Male
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i like the idea of poaching some of the front seven defensive players from Monti's Titans. Then resigning them.

We need to bump Nichols and J Jones down to reserve/depth next season. Lopez would be a GREAT rotational player

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Maybe Brandon Scherff. They should have been in on Sebastian Joseph-Day in the off-season. No real edge players to speak of. I am hesitant to trade for a WR in this low volume passing attack.

JohnnyCakes

Alpha Male
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe Brandon Scherff. They should have been in on Sebastian Joseph-Day in the off-season. No real edge players to speak of. I am hesitant to trade for a WR in this low volume passing attack.
what is Scherff's age? Is he worth an extension?

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
What players on expiring deals are you guys interested in. I ask because I don't love the upcoming FA class. Maybe I am missing some void guys that aren't showing as 2025 free agents.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
My perspective is thus... some worry we may have to deal with players not wanting to come here during free agency for various reasons....and that worry may be valid.
Trading for players removes that obstacle and gets them an opportunity to see what its like living in the Valley and playing for JG.
There were no good pass rushers in free agency... but right now a guy like Maxx Crosby is talking about playing for someone other than the Raiders...Maxx is 27. Maxx is really good. Maxx fills a huge need. Maxx could play for us for 5 years. The odds of finding an equal player in the next draft or two are astronomically low.
so send the picks, pay the man his market value 28-32mil per year, and see the improvement immediately.
could be the difference between closing out the season 4-5 or 7-2

Guys young enough to have 5 seasons left and talented enough to move the needle rarely hit free agency and when they do they dont seem to have us at the top of their list of destinations right now. So trade for them...once we see improvement from the boost in talent other guys will be less hesitant to come to AZ

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We have seen teams in every sport stick with players who have had durability concerns. I think you’re out of your mind if you’re on your 3rd team in 5 years with a possible 4th in 6 years & say talent has NOTHING to do with it. Regardless of health.

There’s footlocker employees that would be our best EDGE player right now. No way you’re trying to prop that up as a ringing endorsement.

I’ve seen you make numerous posts bragging about Monti/Gannon being team-first/non-ego players. You would be hypocritical to then want them to go after a player like Chase Young.

This is silly, "He's been on 3 teams in 5 years". Yeah because one of these teams traded a 3rd for him knowing he had a year left on his deal. That's a positive, not a negative.

You say it like he was cut.

I've seen zero evidence that Chase Young is not a team first/non ego player, but also I have not made numerous posts about Monti/JG on the subject. I think that it's a nice thing to have, but not crucial. My opinion is, and always has been, that talent is far more crucial as long as guys are not locker room distractions or complete douche bags. Not every guy will be Larry or Nkemdiche, there are guy in between that play high levels of football in the league.

In fact, if anything, I think Monti/JG are TOO focused on that aspect, as if they are almost ranking it above talent.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think Chase would have been a good signing before the season. Not because I think he is really good, but 1 year is fine for a player like that. No reason to trade for players on expiring deals tho mid season.

I'd normally agree, but that's why I'm only suggesting a conditional 6th and that it must come with a new deal, and only because we have lost 2 Edge starters.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Our roster is so bad, even if Monti is mid on draft picks, that the Cardinals need to keep it's mid to late picks IMO. The one caveat would be if they intend to trade and extend. Then I would be fine with it.

Those mid-round picks aren't going to turn into anything more than fringe roster players like Kei'Trel Clark and Xavier Thomas. Bad news for training camp aggregators but zero impact on the franchise in the short- or long-term.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
"We suck so we should continue to suck. Why should we get better."

What on earth is this?
Some fans just want to suffer.
No, I just think overpaying for 1 guy that will not put us over the top, is a bad idea when instead that draft capital could get us a guy that impacts us for 5 years +.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I have to say this every offseason: 43.75% of NFL teams make the playoffs every year.

There's almost no reason ever to tank going into a season.
Plus.. if we win the division with 8 or 9 wins we host a playoff game. That’s a foundation to build on, gets buy in from the players, makes us more appealing to free agents, gets optimism surrounding the fan base and franchise.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He's been on 3 teams in 5 years". Yeah because one of these teams traded a 3rd for him knowing he had a year left on his deal. That's a positive, not a negative.
….when they could have kept him for peanuts. They chose not to. That is absolutely a negative after blowing a 3rd round asset on him.
I've seen zero evidence that Chase Young is not a team first/non ego player
I want you to look up Commanders forums/reddit & you’ll see their reactions about his on-field play(where he never played discipline & went on his own accord). Do the same thing with 49ers forums/reddit & soon to be with the Saints as well.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Plus.. if we win the division with 8 or 9 wins we host a playoff game. That’s a foundation to build on, gets buy in from the players, makes us more appealing to free agents, gets optimism surrounding the fan base and franchise.
It’s not even close. There’s way more value even being one and done in the playoffs from a financial and cultural perspective and getting the #19 pick vs the #10 pick.

Bidwill too dumb to see it.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
It’s not even close. There’s way more value even being one and done in the playoffs from a financial and cultural perspective and getting the #19 pick vs the #10 pick.

Bidwill too dumb to see it.
He's just happy to be in the club - winning is of no concern.

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score
Even if it took a 1st.+ and $30m+ a year on a five year I would jump on that for Crosby! I’ve only watched him play part of 1 game but he was wreaking havoc on EVERY play!