Kyle thinks we should beat Miami first, then consider becoming buyers at the trade deadline

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The players and coaches did their best to be in this position, now Monti must do something cause it's frustrating watching a front seven not putting pressures on qb's, we are the worst defense in third downs
We can't keep this pace if we don't improve the pass rushing game, even the offense can't always score tds in the red zone like they did
Wins are what matters but can't ignore the points differential too

Last edited:

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score
Who might be available for trade that’s would be good enough to help and fit in quickly? Garret or Crosby would help tons but probably not available unless we give up a 1+. Any mid tier players who might give the D a bump? DT, DE?

JohnnyCakes

Alpha Male
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who might be available for trade that’s would be good enough to help and fit in quickly? Garret or Crosby would help tons but probably not available unless we give up a 1+. Any mid tier players who might give the D a bump? DT, DE?
I would give both those guys a 1st in my sleep, but not 2 firsts

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That is the real issue as I'm not sure if there really is anyone available worth gong after??

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That is the real issue as I'm not sure if there really is anyone available worth gong after??
U can't get the big names but someone serviceable yes
What the unit can offer right now is very very little, it's not a difficult task improve it, even with some average players

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
to get this thread BACK on topic:

So they beat the Dolphins

what is Monti buying? Criteria -- 2 wins teams, players are UFAs this offseason.

EDGE:

Chase Young of the Saints? rental, comp would be cheap. So many warts, but probably the best chance to get a good edge rusher, assuming the head checks out ( a real question)

Deitrich Wise, Patriots. 7.5 sacks two years ago. 2 sacks / 3 tfl this year through 7 games. Bigger - 6-4, 275 lbs.

Azeez Ojulari, Giants. having a decent season as the 3rd pass rusher - 4 sacks, 4 tfls.

IDL:

Javon Kinlaw, Jets
Solomon Thomas, Jets
Calais Campbell, Dolphins
Sebastian Joseph-Day, Titans (2 sacks this year!)

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I hope we rent Calais Campbell for the rest of the season. I love how that guy plays. He's still got it.

The problem is that Miami have no real reason to get out of Calais. Doesn't save them much money and makes an already poor D line worse. Calais could be the difference between people getting fired or not.

I still think Miami will turn a corner too and finish stronger.

Other options

Dalvin Tomlinson - Browns
Clowney - Panthers (Don't see him being a fit here but wo knows)
Josh Uche - Patriots
Baron Browning - Broncos
Carl Granderson - Saints (This one is a good fit for us)
Davon Godchaux - Patriots

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan