Kyle thinks we should beat Miami first, then consider becoming buyers at the trade deadline

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
one off the board. For a 6th (and a late one at that) CMON MONTI!

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Sounds like Cam Thomas may be available.

Good to remember that sometimes a draft pick doesn't solve anything. Former first-round pick Felix Anudike-Uzomah is playing 35% of the snaps for KC and has 1 sack and 5 pressures.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I hope we rent Calais Campbell for the rest of the season. I love how that guy plays. He's still got it.
The time to acquire Calais was in the offseason, when we had obvious glaring needs on the D-Line, and put two horrible band-aids on the situation instead of trying to add above average starters. Calais would have instantly been our best D-Lineman and he was had for 1 year, 2M. Inexcusable and pathetic. Glad we have that 20+ mil in the bank!

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
if Miami goes up the Buff next week and loses -- they would be 2-6.

Miami is also $11 mm over next years salary cap -- so they might be open to unloading some guys signed beyond this season

would adding a vet corner be of interest? Kendall Fuller is signed through 2025 at a reasonable $7mm that year
I wouldn't want anyone coming in that would take snaps away from Melton, unless SMB is hurt long-term. Melton needs to play all year, like Williams did last year when he was healthy. It made Williams so much better this year.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Part of me would like Diontae Johnson but I get why they wouldn't. Same with OG. I would hold fast at ILB, DB. Front 5 could use anything.

RB
WR
OG
DT
EDGE

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Part of me would like Diontae Johnson but I get why they wouldn't. Same with OG. I would hold fast at ILB, DB. Front 5 could use anything.

RB
WR
OG
DT
EDGE
I’d take Diontae… but I think Jamison Williams can be had for cheaper and is even more explosive.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Saints are an interesting spot. They have some players worth getting if they want to quickly clear cap. Cam Jordan, Olave, Granderson, and Payton Turner.

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
Part of me would like Diontae Johnson but I get why they wouldn't.
as Schlereth was saying on the broadcast yesterday: nobody on the Card offense scares teams deep.

not sure Diontae is that kind of receiver, but would like to find a JJ Nelson type somewhere

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
Saints are an interesting spot. They have some players worth getting if they want to quickly clear cap. Cam Jordan, Olave, Granderson, and Payton Turner.
Rashid Shaheed? signed through 2025. Saints, as usual, are wayyyyyy over the cap next year and may not be in position to extend him

Olave would instantly vault the WR corp up the charts -- Olave from pure experience would push existing WRs down one slot. Also signed through 2025 (the fifth year option -- so i suspect you would need to extend him)

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I bet he's working the phones today.

But he's not going to pull the trigger unless a guy checks all the boxes, including not messing up the locker room.
Our middle linebackers and DBs are good enough to compete, but they’ve scraped the bottom so hard they’re putting Mack Wilson out at rush end and it’s just not his thing. We desperately need DRob to get in there and we need a trade for a free agent rusher. At this point anyone with 2-3 sacks so far this year would be an upgrade, esp. with Gardeck going down.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Our middle linebackers and DBs are good enough to compete, but they’ve scraped the bottom so hard they’re putting Mack Wilson out at rush end and it’s just not his thing. We desperately need DRob to get in there and we need a trade for a free agent rusher. At this point anyone with 2-3 sacks so far this year would be an upgrade, esp. with Gardeck going down.

I mean I agree with you 100%.

The season is hanging in the balance, and Fortune favors the bold.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok I’m on board we should be making some defensive moves this week….

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rashid Shaheed? signed through 2025. Saints, as usual, are wayyyyyy over the cap next year and may not be in position to extend him

Olave would instantly vault the WR corp up the charts -- Olave from pure experience would push existing WRs down one slot. Also signed through 2025 (the fifth year option -- so i suspect you would need to extend him)
Shaheed blew his knee out and is out for the rest of the season.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan