Kyler Murray Appreciation Thread

602 Native

Veteran
Reaction score
Yeah, but at least he's a prototypical QB (6'3", 220) who can stand tall, deliver the ball, and be just mobile enough when needed. There were plenty of Cardinals' fans hoping we could get him from the Lions during his time in Detroit. Everyone had a feeling that he could win the big game someday.
Ah so there it is.

"prototypical"

Just say you think he is too short despite that not being a thing with K1.

You should look who leads the league in batted balls over the last three years. It's your prototypical guys.

Also Stafford was junk prior to going to an actual good organization. Same as K1.

602 Native

Veteran
Reaction score
You're right. I agree that Kyler should have known that and not made the throw.
Can't wait till we blow out the Red/Manders. I know that for every loss you will be right back here though.

8-10 game wins is where I had us pegged at the beginning of the seaon. So far we are right on schedule for that.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
You just described Matt Stafford prior to LA.

Well, I mean Matt Stafford had to leave LA to win anything. I'm a Cardinals fan; I care about the Cards winning.

You should look who leads the league in batted balls over the last three years. It's your prototypical guys.

It's not just about batted balls though (obviously). It's about seeing the whole field, being confident in the pocket handling pressure, and the footwork necessary to be in the right spot at the right time.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I mean Matt Stafford had to leave LA to win anything. I'm a Cardinals fan; I care about the Cards winning.

It's not just about batted balls though (obviously). It's about seeing the whole field, being confident in the pocket handling pressure, and the footwork necessary to be in the right spot at the right time.
Alternatively if the QB is that small, but his wheels are supposed to make up for it, you can’t get chased down to the corner on a crucial 4th down and stopped short because almost any contact in the open field is cause for legitimate injury concern.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
He quoted a KM stan who had posted a "KM has been a god all along" take. BIM is 100 percent correct in that it didn't age well. To argue that KM has been transcendent since he has entered the league is beyond laughable.

This is not knocking you. I know you're a big KM fan, but you do tend to be realistic as well. Frankly, I love the discourse between you and I probably the most on this board in the last few years.

Got it, and for the record I have mad, crazy respect for BIM as a Cardinals Fan! He's my hero for making it to every game and I can't wait to see him and buy him a billion drinks at a halftime meet some day! It just niggles a little, the K1 short jokes, haha.

And 100% my friend! I put our conversations down roughly/approximately under "if you want to know the truth about yourself, listen to what your rival says about you". Great stuff!

I just wish you would patch things up with my boy PAcardsfan! You guys are both in PA, you;re both old AF (lol), and you both love the Cardinals! You should be able to get along!

602 Native

Veteran
Reaction score

K1 has been throwing over the middle all this season which is what people said he couldn't do based on height. Before that it was K1 can't go under center, welp that was also not a thing. If you are going to knock K1 it should be on recognizing where the blitz is coming from prior to snap which has nothing to do with his size.

This whole too small crap is lazy posting just like the COD game playing from early on. It is not a thing.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
K1 has been throwing over the middle all this season which is what people said he couldn't do based on height. Before that it was K1 can't go under center, welp that was also not a thing. If you are going to knock K1 it should be on recognizing where the blitz is coming from prior to snap which has nothing to do with his size.

This whole too small crap is lazy posting just like the COD game playing from early on. It is not a thing.
I guess I hallucinated the Sports Illustrated cover with Kyler and the Faze Clan then.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Can't wait till we blow out the Red/Manders. I know that for every loss you will be right back here though.

8-10 game wins is where I had us pegged at the beginning of the seaon. So far we are right on schedule for that.
Bro, I was right here praising KM for his great game against the Lambs. You know, you could check who started this thread.

I give Kyler grief when he earns it, and I give him praise when he earns it. Kind of like a fan of the team, not a fan of the player. Know what I mean?

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Got it, and for the record I have mad, crazy respect for BIM as a Cardinals Fan! He's my hero for making it to every game and I can't wait to see him and buy him a billion drinks at a halftime meet some day! It just niggles a little, the K1 short jokes, haha.

And 100% my friend! I put our conversations down roughly/approximately under "if you want to know the truth about yourself, listen to what your rival says about you". Great stuff!

I just wish you would patch things up with my boy PAcardsfan! You guys are both in PA, you;re both old AF (lol), and you both love the Cardinals! You should be able to get along!
The schism with PAcardsfan is due to the fact that he can't handle people criticizing the org's new approach with Monti/JG. Like, at all. And I tend to argue with those kinds of sentiments. My thought is that it stems from a feeling that people are peeing in his hopium :D

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Lmao, you can sell me on that high throw to MHJ, but you know that hit was on McBride.

McBride took 4 steps after catching the ball, and also protected himself by lowering his head. A hospital ball gets you killed before you even have time to react

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05