Kyler Murray Appreciation Thread

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
This is 100% wrong.

The problem lies in not a single thread on how poorly coached this team is.

Or how MO has been really missing on bringing in talent in the draft and FA especially on defense.

It’s all K1s fault all the time. You made this thread to eat your well deserved crow after the first game which again K1 didnt play bad. He had a perfect game against a well coached team that we hadn’t beat in almost a decade.

Even in this thread you have people saying that K1 got McBride hurt which is absurd. But they have to say it because the short riffs and under center talk is a joke now.

What is really funny is without K1 on this team there would be no talk about this team. He is actually a player of relevance because he has and can elevate the team.
Right. No criticism should ever fall on Kyler. You're a Kyler fan. Check. We got it. We definitely understand your POV.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
Not shouting anyone down. Nor have I called anyone a K1 hater.

I will call out those who are constantly beating the drum that the QB had a terrible game when he didn't. We have rarely seen K1 have a terrible game since he has been here. Average games for sure but truly terrible are so rare for him.

I was at the Cards Rams playoff game in LA. That was for sure a terrible game. It was also the first playoff game for K1 and many QBs have had terrible ones their first time.

Hopefully, we can get back to the playoffs but jettisoning our franchise QB is not usually how that's done.
Constantly? 100 percent incorrect just based on this thread. Oh brother lol

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
Kyler hanging around the 12th best QB range so far this year IMO which is improvement.

The most concerning thing for me is this. He has been sacked 6 times which is 19th in the NFL. He is 3rd in time to throw per NFL next gen stats. He is tied for 4th best pocket time at 2.6 seconds. He is 20th in the NFL in blitzes faced. 16th in hurries. Because of all of this, Kyler is one of the most protected QBs in the NFL and with the most time to throw. He has pretty ideal circumstances. Yet, despite all of this, I still am not seeing a timing and rhythm QB. I am still not seeing a jump in his passing yards which per game (211.7) are on pace for the worst season in his career. Good news is his TD/INT ratio is very good and his yards per attempt.

Maybe this is me wanting Kyler to be a QB that he can't be, but that is the growth that I hope to see from him over the course of the year. I think the ability to establish pre snap reads and then confirm post snap to be able to hit receivers in stride and out of breaks is one to the easiest ways to establish consistent offense. If Kyler can do that 70% of the time, it will really elevate his game.
Well said.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Boomer take “we are so much older than you and know more”

Please tell me how old I am boomer.

The schedule sets up nicely for us late. Nothing to do with 1-2 record so far. Pundits were saying we could lose all 5 openers. That won’t be happening based on our play.
Well with the personal attacks I would say you just got out of high school. :newbie:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05