Kyler Murray Appreciation Thread

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You seen Zay Flowers this year? He was expected to breakout this year and is looking better than any WR we have on this roster.

He’s an okay number 1, on pace for 1100 yards and 3 TDs. Hardly a superstar 1 that apparently all great QBs need.

And that’s the PEAK of good WRs that Lamar has had. He’s been a superstar MVP level player most of his career with nothing more than a great TE, his own wheels and middling talent at best for WRs. Last two seasons, Kyler’s got a great TE, his own wheels and until Harrison went out in the last game, the same middling level of WRs Lamar’s had to deal with most of his career. He just comes nowhere close to making the same impact on the offense.

Last edited:

602 Native

All Star
Reaction score
He’s an okay number 1, on pace for 1100 yards and 3 TDs. Hardly a superstar 1 that apparently all great QBs need.

And that’s the PEAK of good WRs that Lamar has had. He’s been a superstar MVP level player most of his career with nothing more than a great TE, his own wheels and middling talent at best for WRs. Last two seasons, Kyler’s got a great TE, his own wheels and until Harrison went out in the last game, the same middling level of WRs Lamar’s had to deal with most of his career. He just comes nowhere close to making the same impact on the offense.

You forgot Bateman who has been there for most of Ljacks career.

A HOF coach.

A great oline.

A great defense.

Trey doesn’t compare to the type of seasons Andrew’s has had.

Then add on top Flowers.

Do you people watch the NFL?

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Have you watched the kid the last few games? I’m guessing not by your comments here. He’s on his way to being a star. If you do watch him and don’t see that, then well I’d have to question your football evaluations.

I’ve stated it before - up until this year you could have given Lamar, prime Devante Adams and he wouldn’t have been the WR stat wise that he’s accustom to. The Ravens (as I noted in the past through articles with several Ravens coaching comments), designed an offense around Lamar’s strengths and the throws that HE can make. Hence why a plodding Mark Andrew’s was successful with him as Lamar was throwing to “spots” not leading WR’s through timing routes. This has worked BEAUTIFUL for him as Lamar is a threat to run on EVERY play in how they utilize him. It cause the defense to hesitate, it causes the defense to commit to him and come up towards the line of scrimmage as plays are rolled out and extended. This makes those “spots” open. This also allows Lamar to throw a number of easy lob passes we have seen over the years as the defense commits to him. It’s the perfect offense for the 2x MVP. The style of offense is a direct result of his completion percentage making such a large jump from year 1.

With that said, what I have seen Lamar do as a passer the last few games..is increased versatility as development as a passer. Let’s see if he can keep it up and string into the playoffs where defenses always seem to figure him out. 2020 playoffs Titans basically played a wall of 4 linebackers at the first down marker, hardly rushed him… dared him to throw the ball all game. Guy couldn’t throw, thus they scored 13 points and lost.

Lamar has all the help in the world through his offensive scheme, offensive line, RBs, a better TE historically and a better WR crew than the stats would say because of the scheme they run. Remember he was drafted to a playoff ready team coming off of a 9-7 record.

If you want to fool yourself to bash Kyler, go for it but above is the reality of the situation.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Have you watched the kid the last few games? I’m guessing not by your comments here. He’s on his way to being a star. If you do watch him and don’t see that, then well I’d have to question your football evaluations.

I’ve stated it before - up until this year you could have given Lamar, prime Devante Adams and he wouldn’t have been the WR stat wise that he’s accustom to. The Ravens (as I noted in the past through articles with several Ravens coaching comments), designed an offense around Lamar’s strengths and the throws that HE can make. Hence why a plodding Mark Andrew’s was successful with him as Lamar was throwing to “spots” not leading WR’s through timing routes. This has worked BEAUTIFUL for him as Lamar is a threat to run on EVERY play in how they utilize him. It cause the defense to hesitate, it causes the defense to commit to him and come up towards the line of scrimmage as plays are rolled out and extended. This makes those “spots” open. This also allows Lamar to throw a number of easy lob passes we have seen over the years as the defense commits to him. It’s the perfect offense for the 2x MVP. The style of offense is a direct result of his completion percentage making such a large jump from year 1.

With that said, what I have seen Lamar do as a passer the last few games..is increased versatility as development as a passer. Let’s see if he can keep it up and string into the playoffs where defenses always seem to figure him out. 2020 playoffs Titans basically played a wall of 4 linebackers at the first down marker, hardly rushed him… dared him to throw the ball all game. Guy couldn’t throw, thus they scored 13 points and lost.

Lamar has all the help in the world through his offensive scheme, offensive line, RBs, a better TE historically and a better WR crew than the stats would say because of the scheme they run. Remember he was drafted to a playoff ready team coming off of a 9-7 record.

If you want to fool yourself to bash Kyler, go for it but above is the reality of the situation.
Tell me of this “better WR crew than the stats would say because if the scheme they run” some more. Flowers has emerged over two whopping games. No one else has done much of anything. Hollywood brown was worse elsewhere.

What percentage of nfl coaches/GMs do you think would take kyler over lamar?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiev22