LA 17 AZ 13 Thoughts

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
-4 in turnovers,qb hurt and bad tackling couldn't overcome a huge net in yards gained vs Rams

also looked like some serious blown coverages..real problem is you guys have a 37 year old qb without a decent backup(from St Louis)

As bad as the Cards played it really came down to we are up 10-3 get the ball in great field position and immediately get a 12 yard pass play. then Chris Johnson rips off a nice gain, would have had more but he gets injured on an untouched play and gains 7. and then the next play from scrimmage David Johnson fumbles. That really was a crusher we had all the momentum looked like we were going to drive down and either score a TD or at least a FG and then on 2 plays we lost Chris Johnson and then turned the ball over. Great play by the Rams guy to knock the ball out.

The Rams punted, then we get to 3rd down Palmer gets sacked and injured we punt, big return by Austin plus the penalty and the Rams go in and take the lead and then Stanton turns it over twice and that's it.

I can't help but think if CJ doesn't get hurt untouched on that run we end up winning the game and don't lose Palmer or CJ and the season looks totally different.

But that's the NFL.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Mitch, I agree with everything you said. Things that were obvious to me as the game went on:
1. Using John Brown (who had a great game) in the Red Zone, when teams all look for the BIG Red Zone WR and we have one of the best (Larry). Makes no sense.
2. A vet PP calling for a FC at the five yard line. Makes no sense.
3. If CJ is out, look for Kerwyn Williams to be signed.
4. Hope that we sign Red Bryant, also.
5. Would have been a miracle if Stanton had performed any differently. Even Matt Barkley would have had a tough time. :)

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The issue is that this team is not fundamentally sound. Tell me, aside from rushing, what does this team do consistently well? They can't block, can't catch, commit horrible penalties at the worst times, can't tackle, can't cover...the list goes on. Hell, how many times this season has this team let other teams off the hook on 3rd and long? And sorry to say but it all falls on the coaches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Borderrat

Veteran
Reaction score
One thing nobody mentioned is that after every defensive series Honey Badger slowly walked off the field to the sideline. Usually with his head down. I noticed this of several players but most notably Honey Badger.

Why is our best play maker playing 25 yards off the ball at safety? Why is Minter covering anyone in the passing game? We all notice it. We all question it. Why doesn't the coaching staff?

In my opinion there are many holes on the defensive side of the ball. Weak ILB play. Still a mediocre pass rush. No leader. Need another CB as has been stated for the last year on the board. And once again a first round draft pick that is not even active for the games.

The moves that paid off the last couple years are not working this year.

Reaction score
Could be worse. We could have selected Goff #1 overall.

do a draft board as a hobby...and no fan of the Rams

that trade was IMO scary stupid...they could of had Paxton Lynch, wr's Mike Thomas and Shepard last year and their premium picks in next years draft..

IMO last year will turn out to be the best qb draft since the that great 1983 draft...you guys could of ended up with your qb of the future