Lakers @ Suns Friday game thread, 11-10-2023 - In-Season Tournament Game #1

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
So when do we get around to admitting to ourselves that Vogel is just a very pedestrian coach? I know he has that flukey Lakers championship , but everything I've seen so far looks like not particularly competent at running an offense or defense, managing a lineup, or making effective adjustments.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think ill have my car radio on a taylor swift song or commercial rather than sports radio tom morn lol

Zzz gonna suckkkkk ton what the actual f suns :(

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So when do we get around to admitting to ourselves that Vogel is just a very pedestrian coach? I know he has that flukey Lakers championship , but everything I've seen so far looks like not particularly competent at running an offense or defense, managing a lineup, or making effective adjustments.

The defense is just so bad and that’s supposed to be his specialty. That’s what’s making me raise my brow the most.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
We really miss a PG who can get us into our offensive sets. We’re not wining a series nevertheless a title playing this. Idc if Book plays or not, this isn’t cohesive whatsoever.

The attention to detail and effort defensively is lacking. You know what helps an offense, getting out in transition off getting stops. This team has a ways to go.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I gave up after the first Spurs loss. Haven't watched since. It will take a lot for them to get me back on board.
Ya those spurs losses made my head hurt

Hope u get to come back on board during a nice poff run....

Injuries have killed suns early cant have book or beal be missing everyother gm :(

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Pistons beat the 76ers tonight at home.

Edit: It's the other way around. The 76ers won. I thought it read differently when I saw it.

Last edited:

clyde2tw

All Star
Reaction score
We have two main weakness on D in Allen and Yuta who got completely abused and exploited by LBJ. Yuta committed at least 4 shooting fouls on him in short time span, and when Allen got switched to LBJ in the last 6 min in the 4th, Lakers scored, with Reeves and Redish 3pts as results. With KD and Beal in there, we primarily need to stop their offense first and our offense would come from itself. Put Okogie in place of Allen and Little instead of Yuta, we'd have had a better chance to win the game; both are strong enough to single cover LBJ as well as KBD did.
Also, Vogel still doesn't have the right idea of how to play Okogie on O yet, he can cause havoc by mixing it up closer to baske, compared to unreliable 3pt shooting.
So, I blame Vogel for the loss.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We have two main weakness on D in Allen and Yuta who got completely abused and exploited by LBJ. Yuta committed at least 4 shooting fouls on him in short time span, and when Allen got switched to LBJ in the last 6 min in the 4th, Lakers scored, with Redish's hot at 3pt and Reeves as results. With KD and Beal in there, we need to stop their offense first and our offense would become having them drive anyways. Put Okogie in place of Allen and Little instead of Yuta, we'd have had better chance to outscore them late in the game; both are strong enough to single cover LBJ as well as KBD. Also, Vogel still doesn't have the right idea of how to play Okogie on O yet, it's bad idea to park him on 3pt line, yet he can cause havoc by mixing it up closer to basket. So, I blame Vogel for the loss.
You can’t put Okogie in there. He automatically makes the game 4 on 5 on offense which allows teams to totally bottle up Beal and KD. Maybe that changes with Booker in there because you can’t double three guys, but Josh failed his mission this off-season to just become a barely average 3 point shooter.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man… 2 losses to both the Lakers and Spurs, one of which is horrendous and the other painfully mediocre at best.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's scary to think the best true point guard on the Suns roster is Saban Lee and he is on a two-way contract.

clyde2tw

All Star
Reaction score
You can’t put Okogie in there. He automatically makes the game 4 on 5 on offense which allows teams to totally bottle up Beal and KD. Maybe that changes with Booker in there because you can’t double three guys, but Josh failed his mission this off-season to just become a barely average 3 point shooter.
Your thesis would be right, if parking Okogie on the 3pt line were the only way to play him on O. But it is not. Also, it affects both O and D. We simply couldn't stop the Lakers in the 4th.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Would feel nice as a fan if just 1 az pro team could w just 1 big gm cough cough cough :(!!!

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually, the Clippers have four stars: Leonard, George, Harden and Westbrook.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiev22