Lakers @ Suns Friday game thread, 11-10-2023 - In-Season Tournament Game #1

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Since I dont think anyone cares about the tournament, plus the obvious point of not wanting Booker back until he's 100%, I'm fine with him sitting a bit longer.

I don't want this team to win a stupid tournament and get sidetracked. That isn't the goal. Maybe next year after winning a real ship.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

I am a big fan of all the ascetic changes the franchise has undergone in recent years (outside of "the valley" jerseys going way, but that was out of their control).

However... this court is freaking hideous. The only courts I have seen more wretched than this court, in my entire life, are a few of the other courts for this "tournament". I don't know what the league was thinking, these are flat out revolting.

I want to say more but I know the forum has rules... but these courts are a crime against humanity. God lord.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

I am a big fan of all the ascetic changes the franchise has undergone in recent years (outside of "the valley" jerseys going way, but that was out of their control).

However... this court is freaking hideous. The only courts I have seen more wretched than this court, in my entire life, are a few of the other courts for this "tournament". I don't know what the league was thinking, these are flat out revolting.

I want to say more but I know the forum has rules... but these courts are a crime against humanity. God lord.
At least do a dark purple and an orange stripe or something. I imagine the El Valle unis will look weird against that violet court.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
What purpose does the tournament provide? How does it support the fan? Other than a change in the court, it’s just the next game on the calendar for me:)
They think it will generate excitement like some of the extra tournaments that soccer teams play.

Here’s the thing though, most of those are not included in the regular season, and the best of those tournaments only includes a few from their own league and are played against club teams they wouldn’t normally face.

These are just dressed up regular season games. All about image.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What purpose does the tournament provide? How does it support the fan? Other than a change in the court, it’s just the next game on the calendar for me:)
Well, maybe it gives the players a little bit more motivation to play well, so perhaps it improves the level of gameplay slightly.

I mean overall I agree, it's to early in the season to mean much of anything.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The games still count against your record and regular season, they will still help the team gel and if it gives them even a micro-taste of playoff type atmosphere I think it could help us. Other than that, I don't really care about this tournament much.

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The design of the tournament court will make it hard to spot half-court violations. I dislike the pattern as well.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anthony Davis and Jaxson Hayes are listed as QUESTIONABLE for the Lakers.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anthony Davis and Jaxson Hayes are listed as QUESTIONABLE for the Lakers.

If the Lakers don’t have AD and we have KD and Beal, another home loss would be inexcusable.

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think I'd care more about the in season tournament if the Suns still sucked. Back when the playoffs were a pipedream let alone a championship there could be some hope in getting hot early on and making some noise. Like someone else said, it may raise the competition level a little more also akin to the bubble where it helps provide more meaningful experience than typical regular season games.

Since this squads goal is the real championship or bust, I think the only thing the tournament provides is a little preview of the playoffs and hopefully James Jones and Ishbia make moves to fortify any weaknesses we exhibit.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think I'd care more about the in season tournament if the Suns still sucked. Back when the playoffs were a pipedream let alone a championship there could be some hope in getting hot early on and making some noise. Like someone else said, it may raise the competition level a little more also akin to the bubble where it helps provide more meaningful experience than typical regular season games.

Since this squads goal is the real championship or bust, I think the only thing the tournament provides is a little preview of the playoffs and hopefully James Jones and Ishbia make moves to fortify any weaknesses we exhibit.
What kind of moves are you imagining with the trash we have to offer someone in trade?

I am already resigned to this being the team we are going to have.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I just can't get excited about this team or league anymore. Part of the joy is anticipating the future. This team is now and then nothing.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What kind of moves are you imagining with the trash we have to offer someone in trade?

I am already resigned to this being the team we are going to have.

Ideally we find a taker for Little. What we get in return, who knows.

There's also the possibility of waving someone if there's a player made available who fills a need, thinking frontcourt help.

I would wager Grayson Allen has good trade value and I don't want to trade him but that may change in 2-3 months if we can keep our Big 3 healthy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake