Larry Fitzgerald’s 80:1 catch-to-drop ratio is the best in football.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2011 Receptions Per Drop (100+ Targets)

Rank Player Rec./Drop

1 Larry Fitzgerald 80.0
2 Tony Gonzalez 40.0
2 Marques Colston 40.0
4 Jabar Gaffney 34.0
5 Dez Bryant 31.5
6 Wes Welker 30.5
7 Percy Harvin 29.0
8 Ray Rice 25.3
8 Steve Johnson 25.3
10 Reggie Wayne 25.0
11 Nate Washington 24.7
12 Calvin Johnson 24.0
12 Mike Wallace 24.0
4 Antonio Brown 23.0
15 Rob Gronkowski 22.5
16 A.J. Green 21.7
16 Dustin Keller 21.7
18 Darren Sproles 21.5
19 Jason Witten 19.8
19 Aaron Hernandez 19.8
19 Steve Smith (CAR) 19.8

Larry Fitzgerald led the NFL with 80 receptions and only one drop. Those numbers are according to ESPN Stats & Information, which defines drops as "incomplete passes where the receiver should have caught the pass with ordinary effort."

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/65867/the-best-hands-ive-ever-seen-on-a-receiver

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The drop off to the next guy - one of the most sure handed TE's to ever play the game no less - is unreal.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I feel Larry has got the best hands in the history of the NFL. I saw 2 ESPN Sports Science clips of Larry and the guy is just unreal in terms of hands and hand-eye coordination.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
I will say it again, watching Larry Fitzgerald catch footballs is like watching Barry Sanders run the ball. Just a different level regardless of numbers, and stats.

Larry Fitzgerald IS the best receiver of his era. Yet, never gets the recognition. In years past it was Andre Johnson over Fitzgerald, now it is Calvin Johnson. Yet, with all due respect to the players put before him, Larry Fitzgerald is ALWAYS rated at #2.

He was rated there, last year, and the year before, and the year before, etc., etc. It is always" #1 - [Blank], #2 - Larry Fitzgerald.

So say what you want about who the best receiver was for a single season. But, Larry has been the man and continues to be the man as others rise above him briefly and then fall below. No one has consistently been as dominant at the WR year in and year out.

Thus he is the best WR in the NFL and it ain't even close in my book.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Fitz is so great he even escaped the Madden cover curse that caused Troy Polamalu to miss 11 games with injuries in 2009.

The Alien meanwhile has another 1000 yard season, a career high 13 TD receptions and adds 12 more catches and 2 more TDs in the playoffs.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
I will say it again, watching Larry Fitzgerald catch footballs is like watching Barry Sanders run the ball. Just a different level regardless of numbers, and stats.

Larry Fitzgerald IS the best receiver of his era. Yet, never gets the recognition. In years past it was Andre Johnson over Fitzgerald, now it is Calvin Johnson. Yet, with all due respect to the players put before him, Larry Fitzgerald is ALWAYS rated at #2.

He was rated there, last year, and the year before, and the year before, etc., etc. It is always" #1 - [Blank], #2 - Larry Fitzgerald.

So say what you want about who the best receiver was for a single season. But, Larry has been the man and continues to be the man as others rise above him briefly and then fall below. No one has consistently been as dominant at the WR year in and year out.

Thus he is the best WR in the NFL and it ain't even close in my book.
they always pick someone with more speed than Larry. But there isn't one WR even close to Fitz in the league imo.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I thought Wes Welker would of had a better rating. I think Fitz should be called ALL UNIVERSE!

Lights

Reaction score

As I'm reading this thread I have SportsNation on the TV in the background. They just rated the top 5 NFL receivers and guess who they put at #2. Whatever, we know who is #1.