Larry Johnson's 75-yard catch

Ed Burmila

Registered
Reaction score
I count a hold, a block in the back, and an illegal crackback block.

That's two 15-yard personal fouls and a 10-yard holding penalty. Blaming the refs for losses is pointless, but I'm really just appalled at the horrible quality of the officiating this season. For the Cardinals and everyone else.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I saw the hold too and couldn't believe they didn't call it, there were two refs right there and it was right by the run.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
the non-hold was the most blatant. That gave the team an advantage and that's when the refs generally make the call.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anybody who has it on tape it looks liek he might have stepped out way back there too.

dogpoo32

meh
Reaction score
Yep. Hold and a half. A hold that almost cost LJ his season/life. If Adrian wasn't held there, he would have at least slowed him down. Hard to not fault Rolle on the face-mask, but... In the moment, what would Jesus do?

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Everyone in my section saw the hold.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah that defintally a hold on wilson I was screaming at my tv when they didnt call that I also screamed pretty loudly after that cause I knew then the game was over :(

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was yelling about the noncalled holding at the game. If I could see it from 50 yds away, ....

Eh, that's life when you cheer for this team. It's just mindboggling how nothing ever changes.

Jay Cardinal

Die Hard Cardinals Fan
Reaction score
I saw a blatent 2-handed holded right on the edge rusher for the Cards. He was the defender in place to make a play on the ball. How they could miss that was horrible. I kept hoping they would call it at the end of the play or something.

That was a HUGE play for KC. It could have been 1st and 20 from their own 5 yard line. One of the worst blown calls I've seen right in front of me at the game.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Yeah this was pretty obvious about the missed holding call (It was in plain sight. If it was blocked off I could understand but geez)

This does lead to one question though: What is going on with the officiating of holding? Are they just not going to call it anymore?

This isn't a Cardinals thing, its a league wide thing. I watch about 5 games a week and this was the first game that I've seen more then 2 holding calls ALL SEASON. Sorry I don't buy that all Olineman have suddenly figured out how to block without holding.

If they aren't going to emphasize it, at least let everyone else know

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
yeah, a lot of holding going uncalled - i had to check a couple times to make sure I wasn't going insane - in the seattle/lions game it seemed that a seattle DL would beat the OL and the OL would grab the DL from behind and pull them down - this happened a good 8 times without a call

even in other games thoughout the league, just blatant holding

I honestly didn't see it on this play, probably because I wasn't looking for it and my eyes were on LJ and not the rest of the field - there were a couple times today on both sides where i could clearly see the hold and no flags came out

Cochise

Reaction score
Boo hoo, the mean ol' refs! :violin:

Sounds like you just have a sandy berginer because your team couldn't take care of business in their own house. And hey, who wouldn't? Your boys got beaten at home by a team with a losing record, an ineffective run game, and the QB who was a third-stringer last year.

Just one question though. Is it really surprising that your team gave up a big play? Surprising that a 14 point lead was blown by a franchise that's made losing an art form?

I do feel a few pangs of sympathy, being that you are on pace to finish 4-12 and with, what, 7 seasons of double digit losses out of the last 10? But the rest of this year, as the rest of the NFL goes through the tired old routine of using the Cardinals as a snotrag or to clean the mud off their cleats, take heart. I bet there will be plenty of great seats available next year after the Cardinals pick in the top 5 again and the shiny new stadium begins hosting the Arizona crowds we all know and love, where it sounds like the game is being played in a library.

Enjoy the death throes of the Coach Dumbfat regime. Someone get Jim Hanifan on the phone! (not that you know who that is)

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Boo hoo, the mean ol' refs! :violin:

Sounds like you just have a sandy berginer because your team couldn't take care of business in their own house. And hey, who wouldn't? Your boys got beaten at home by a team with a losing record, an ineffective run game, and the QB who was a third-stringer last year.

Just one question though. Is it really surprising that your team gave up a big play? Surprising that a 14 point lead was blown by a franchise that's made losing an art form?

I do feel a few pangs of sympathy, being that you are on pace to finish 4-12 and with, what, 7 seasons of double digit losses out of the last 10? But the rest of this year, as the rest of the NFL goes through the tired old routine of using the Cardinals as a snotrag or to clean the mud off their cleats, take heart. I bet there will be plenty of great seats available next year after the Cardinals pick in the top 5 again and the shiny new stadium begins hosting the Arizona crowds we all know and love, where it sounds like the game is being played in a library.

Enjoy the death throes of the Coach Dumbfat regime. Someone get Jim Hanifan on the phone! (not that you know who that is)

Wow are all the Chiefs trolls going to come here in force? Yeah I know they won so of course they are ... if they lost a few of the good fans would show up and take their bumps.

I'm not blaming the refs for the loss but I am pointing out an obviously missed play. If you didn't see it you were blind.

I brought up that this was league wide issue but as all trolls do you ignored that and say that its just making an excuse for the loss. Can't say I'm shocked by it but eh whatever

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Wow are all the Chiefs trolls going to come here in force? Yeah I know they won so of course they are ... if they lost a few of the good fans would show up and take their bumps.

No kidding. I guess the classy ones were here before the game...now all the trash comes out after the game is over.

Cochise

Reaction score
No kidding. I guess the classy ones were here before the game...now all the trash comes out after the game is over.

It happens on every team's board. If your fans cry about the refs an blame the loss on officiating instead of their own team's inability to get it done, or say the team that beat them's fans deserve to die, you're going to bring in some trolling.

Just to be clear, I'm sure none of us meant to endorse whatever Tillman comment was made in the other thread. Team smack is one thing but denegrating him should get your nuts hammered until they are the size of dinner plates.

Last edited:

SlipperyPete

Reaction score
Go count up the offensive lineman who were holding during Leinart's first TD pass, and then start whining about the refs. The guys on ESPN were laughing about it, because every angle they showed of the pass revealed a new penalty that went uncalled.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
oh please we are all here to talk smaque on teh interweb

??? Do you speak English?
KC fans are great. They beat SF and AZ....and they're bragging...lol
Come back when ya get trounced next wek...
Oh, you won't. You'll cower away but even if you did , no one would be able to understand you're post.

Slag02

Reaction score
??? Do you speak English?
KC fans are great. They beat SF and AZ....and they're bragging...lol
Come back when ya get trounced next wek...
Oh, you won't. You'll cower away but even if you did , no one would be able to understand you're post.

damn your sarcasam meter must be low-

but your grammar is even lower

"You Are Post"????

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Go count up the offensive lineman who were holding during Leinart's first TD pass, and then start whining about the refs. The guys on ESPN were laughing about it, because every angle they showed of the pass revealed a new penalty that went uncalled.

That was my point. I didn't blame the refs and that the league is letting a LOT of holding go uncalled.

Like I said this is the first time this season I've seen 3 holding penalties in a game. It would be nice if they told us they weren't going to emphasize the call anymore.

Its just odd since they have emphasized calling holding for years