Lawrence of Arabia

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Interesting that this was never a "Movie-a-Day" selection back in the day, but since this year is Columbia's 100th anniversary, they've released the over 4 hour Lawrence of Arabia in theaters. I have tickets to see it in less than 2 hours, so this will be interesting. Only drawback is that it's at a theater I'm not totally thrilled to visit... but we'll see.

For those who haven't seen it, this is a top 5 epic film and highly recommended. It's Lord of the Rings in the early 60s kind of epic.

Devilmaycare

Nerd Supreme
Reaction score
It's a great movie. Hopefully they're keeping the intermission that's built into it in for the theater releases. It's pretty long for a single viewing with no bathroom break. :)

Devilmaycare

Nerd Supreme
Reaction score
Yep, they had the overture at the beginning for about 7 minutes or so then about a 20 minute intermission.

Amazing on the big screen.
Nice, I should play it my theater. I haven't seen it on that big a screen yet since I haven't watched it in a long time. Sometimes these big movies just need a big screen to suck you in. The Godfather and Hamlet (1996 with Branagh) were like that when I got to see them on a big screen.

OP
OP
Chaplin

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
So the theater I went to was the same one I saw the rerelease of Return of the Jedi with my 8-year-old last year, and I hated the seats during that showing. So I was a little apprehensive about doing a 4 hour movie there.

But, happy to report that this experience was much, much better. I wish I could have seen it in 70mm, but this ain't the Cinerama Dome in Hollywood, it's the Cinemark in Pflugerville.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
This is definitely a film I need to revisit. I watched it about 20 years ago when I started getting into IMDB's top 250.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
British Beetlemania...er, oh wait :)

Saw this maaaany moons ago at a theater I was managing. I don't remember it well, but I remember being rapt with attention.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giugurta