Let's say that we DO go 0-16...

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Way to much could happen between now and then to know who we would take with the first pick.

mdamien13

Go Cardinals! Yay!!!
Reaction score
Originally posted by WizardOfAz
Maybe Anquan should step in for the front office and negotiate Anquan's contract with Anquan.....

He's too busy looking for Iraq's weapons of mass destruction.

I have no idea who should be taken with the 1st pick in the draft. If we somehow were given it in a trade or whatever it's impossible to evaluate what this team's needs are going to be. Maybe McCown will step up and be the quarterback of the future? Maybe Pace is the pass rush answer we were looking for? Who knows. Too much time.

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
..........anyway, to answer your purely hypothetical question 11, I would guess at this point it would be Vince Wilfork or Roy Williams.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by earthsci
..........anyway, to answer your purely hypothetical question 11, I would guess at this point it would be Vince Wilfork or Roy Williams.

agreed I think they're the likely guys. Wilfork probably fits our needs the best, or the Michigan CB whose name I can't seem to recall Marlon Jackson(?)

jf-08

chohan
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Russ Smith
agreed I think they're the likely guys. Wilfork probably fits our needs the best, or the Michigan CB whose name I can't seem to recall Marlon Jackson(?)

How about one of the Williams receivers?

maddogkf

You think KFCs still open
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sun Devil Stadium, Sect 27, Row 34, Seat 8
I'd take Ryan Leaf or Andre Wadsworth. Both are sure fire Hall Of Famer - Leaf w/his arm & Wads would give us a pass rush that we've been missing for years.

Both are can't miss prospects. Leaf has the mental fortitude to get it done & Wads never gets injured.

jf-08

chohan
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by maddogkf
I'd take Ryan Leaf or Andre Wadsworth. Both are sure fire Hall Of Famer - Leaf w/his arm & Wads would give us a pass rush that we've been missing for years.

Both are can't miss prospects. Leaf has the mental fortitude to get it done & Wads never gets injured.

BTW Kevin, Ryan LEaf lives around the corner from Eric. Man you should see his house - freaking compound!

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
#1 Pick?

Whoever Mr. Cardinal aka Anquan Boldin tells us to pick!

Wild Card

Surfin' Bird
Reaction score
Originally posted by SECTION 11
Who would you take with the #1 pick?

S11:

Two words--TRADE DOWN. Same argument as this year, when I thought the concept was sound though the execution may have been flawed. This team is still more than one player away, based on what we know today. I'd rather have two more mid-1st-rounders than a single overall #1.

If I were stuck at#1, I'd find Eli Manning awfully tempting if McCown doesn't show something this season. Unless Johnson and Boldin are both busts, I don't see using another high choice on either Roy or Reggie Williams. If Wendell Bryant turns out to be the answer at one DT spot, Miami's Vince Wilfork or Oklahoma's Tommie Harris might be smart choices to pair with him. Finally, if the Cards want a top CB prospect to put across from Starks, Big 10 cornerbacks Marlin Jackson (Michigan) or Chris Gamble (Ohio St) might be worth the top pick.

I really don't want the pick, though. The 2004 class looks stronger than this year's, and I think some elite talent will still be available lower in the first.

WC

so far away

Overpaid Rookie
Reaction score
Originally posted by WizardOfAz
Maybe Anquan should step in for the front office and negotiate Anquan's contract with Anquan.....

Think he could do Pace's too while he's in there?

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Unless he totally flops or gets injured, Eli Manning, without question. Blake's old, McCown is very unproven and you can always do with extra QBs even if McCown is so-so.

Now, if McCown, or even Parsons, pulls a Marc Bulger, then I say nay, but otherwise, go Manning.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Re: Re: Let's say that we DO go 0-16...

Originally posted by CT Card Fan
Let's say that we DO go 0-16.../QUOTE]

OK,

We DO go 0-16.

Sorry, I had to do it. Anyone that remembers Police Squad, from which the Naked Gun movies were born, will understand.

It's a completely different kind of flying, altogether . . .

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Originally posted by Russ Smith
...or the Michigan CB whose name I can't seem to recall Marlon Jackson(?)

The CBs are going to be pretty deep. I think that we could wait until the second round. It would be the first pick of the second round.

Actually, trading down would always be great. As bad as everyone thought our draft was this year I still think that the two players that we got (Pace & Johnson) are much better for the team than anyone we could of gotten at six.

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Let's say that we DO go 0-16...

Originally posted by cheesebeef

It's a completely different kind of flying

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Re: Let's say that we DO go 0-16...

Originally posted by Cardinals.Ken

You're not supposed to say ALTOGETHER! Damnit Man!