Lienart may start

seesred

Reaction score
Breaking Sports Newsletter

azcentral.com/The Arizona Republic/12 News

Leinart start possible
Cardinals coach Dennis Green on Monday left open the possibility of benching quarterback Kurt Warner and starting rookie Matt Leinart Sunday in Atlanta.
: : more sports news

GBR

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh my.

Well if you are going to do it...do it NOW. Leinart better take all the snaps with first team...not the Saturday decision like we did last time.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
That would be a typical Denny knee jerk reaction

CHAPTER 7

Registered
Reaction score
Actually, if Green benched Macklin for his poor tackling and dropping possible interception, Warner should be benched or even cut from squad for his horrible performance. Of course, I am not putting any considerations for the position, contract $, etc...I hope Leinart will do good!

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually, if Green benched Macklin for his poor tackling and dropping possible interception, Warner should be benched or even cut from squad for his horrible performance. Of course, I am not putting any considerations for the position, contract $, etc...I hope Leinart will do good!

Well stated.

I would honestly rather live through Leinarts Growing pains now. Especially since the season is pretty much tanked.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
split reps - get Matt ready to go just in case Warner sucks as usual against the Hawks and have hgim ready for relief - then bench Warner against the Chiefs at home and start the future. that would be my call - there's no present or future with Dirty Kurt in there - get the ball rolling with the future now.,

OP
OP
seesred

seesred

Reaction score
This offense should be scoring 24 plus points a game. It would have been a knee jerk if he pulled after the poor performance last week. This week it's called for. Put the kid in he can't be worse than 8 fumbles in two weeks by the QB.

GBR

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I would be for putting in Leinart because his college history shows he knows how to take care of the ball, where Kurt just hasn't shown that in years. Let's face it, turnovers are the reason this team is 1-2, no other reason

DieHardFromMO

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Warner should be benched for his role in all the turnovers being committed. Turnovers cannot be tolerated especially to the degree that Warner is producing them. The positives that Warner brings to the field are far outweighed by the negatives.

It will not be an ideal situation for Leinart to start his first NFL game on the road, but I can't take anymore turnovers from a veteran player like Warner.

Kurt, your jersey will be going to the back of the closet right next to my Jake Plummer jersey. Glad I bought a Matt Leinart jersey this summer during the 40% Reebok sale. I was hoping Leinart could observe from the sidelines this season but Kurt's turnovers have ruined that scenario.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
This dosen't say much at all.

DG never rules anything out, I wouldn't take it as much of anything until Green says we are going with Matt it's just the press making a controversy.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tanked???

We've only lost 2 games for crying out loud!

Yup. This season is tanked. You may want to live in the fantasy world thinking this team will turn it around and make a run but it just isnt going to happen. We will lose on the road this coming week. Most likely in a bad fashion. The team will get further down and infuriated. From there its all down hill. We cant even take care of business at home. Our history shows were doomed on the road. Add all the coaching deficiencies and we are SCREWED with a capital S!

bigredjane

& amp; quot ;Car d s Crazy
Reaction score
When in the Giants season--

was Kurt benched for Eli? Does anyone remember? And what was the reason then?

CHAPTER 7

Registered
Reaction score
Tanked???

We've only lost 2 games for crying out loud!

We only lost 2 games but we should have won against Rams. If we cannot win this type of game, how can we really hope for a winning season? I hope for the best but it's hard when you lose like that. It seems we are always missing something. If not OL, it's QB, if not the entire D, or even coaching/preparation...

I don't know if we want to start Leinart in ATL. Maybe Warner can play that game and he could potentially redeem himself. If not, at least Leinart is not the one who MIGHT get knocked around.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
was Kurt benched for Eli? Does anyone remember? And what was the reason then?

he was benched in game 10 after the Giants lost 3 of 4 in pathetic fashion following a 4-1 mirage start where Warner put up his usual "just good enough to lose" numbers.

He was benched after THE CARDINALS game in which the G-men went up 14-0, then he got his bell rung, held on to the ball forever leading to 5 sacks and had multiple turnovers leading to an ugly 17-14 loss... sounds kind of familiar don't it?

Start the future.

vinnymac

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yup. This season is tanked. You may want to live in the fantasy world thinking this team will turn it around and make a run but it just isnt going to happen. We will lose on the road this coming week. Most likely in a bad fashion. The team will get further down and infuriated. From there its all down hill. We cant even take care of business at home. Our history shows were doomed on the road. Add all the coaching deficiencies and we are SCREWED with a capital S!

i much rather see the cardinals play againist the falcons first, before i make a predection of the season. that was only the 3rd game of the season, but the cardinals need to turn this thing around. they need to save are their energy in pointing fingers and figure out how to get this offense going. the defense has been playing decent. they have been keeping the cardinals in the game to win. the offense needs to get the ball rolling.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i much rather see the cardinals play againist the falcons first, before i make a predection of the season. that was only the 3rd game of the season, but the cardinals need to turn this thing around. they need to save are their energy in pointing fingers and figure out how to get this offense going. the defense has been playing decent. they have been keeping the cardinals in the game to win. the offense needs to get the ball rolling.

Good thing you are thinking posotive. More power to you!

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope the Cardinals players have more guts than some of the Cardinals fans. If they don't then we are indeed in for a long season.

1-2 isn't a death sentence! Last year Carolina went 1-2. Yet they turned it around and made the NFC championship game. Of course it was the Cardinals that helped them jumpstart their season.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope the Cardinals players have more guts than some of the Cardinals fans. If they don't then we are indeed in for a long season.

1-2 isn't a death sentence! Last year Carolina went 1-2. Yet they turned it around and made the NFC championship game. Of course it was the Cardinals that helped them jumpstart their season.

good lord - do we really need to start insulting people questioning their guts? We played a very mediocre/bad team yesterday that tried their hardest to GIVE THE GAME AWAY to us - AT HOME - and we still couldn't win.

There's a such thing as reality and we're staring it in the face. We've got a washed up has been as our QB who even on the sidelines BEFORE THE GAME can't get the snap right with the Center! Did any of you actually read the article where Green says that in the pregame they were fumbling the snap - IN THE PREGAME! AGAINST NO ONE! GOOD LORD.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Its not guts. Its reality!