Link to Harrison's cheap shot

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Harrison should get fined and suspended one regular season game next season.

Disgusting. Francisco should have kicked him in the dick

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No he didn't but if our O LIne hadn't needed to block him, the other guy may not make that play

I guess but we can't really prove that the guy who caused the fumble came from the exact opposite side of harrison.

To be honest, I thought Kurt actually had time to unload the ball but he was trying to set his feet to really wing it.

Their guy made a play when he had to, our guys couldn't do that against Ben when we had chances.

I'm heartbroken at the loss but we played a good game against a good team and I think in the end we just came up short.

gamebird98

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I agree with Tj...a suspension should be forth coming. This league wont let you celebrate a touchdown....but this is ok?:shrug:

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No he didn't but if our O LIne hadn't needed to block him, the other guy may not make that play

Harrison didn't even rush on the final play. The other two besides Woodley were Keisel and Smith, who happen to be white.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Harrison didn't even rush on the final play. The other two besides Woodley were Keisel and Smith, who happen to be white.

True I just watched the 8 minute video clip on NFL.com and Harrison drops into coverage.

That's the problem you can't complain when they rush 3 guys and still get to your QB who has 5 in blocking.

That's on the OL not on the refs.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
True I just watched the 8 minute video clip on NFL.com and Harrison drops into coverage.

That's the problem you can't complain when they rush 3 guys and still get to your QB who has 5 in blocking.

That's on the OL not on the refs.

Yeah, and I didn't feel like we had to go for the endzone on that play. He had to wait for the WRs to get down there which gave Woodley time to work around Levi. The corners were about 15 yards off the ball. I thought there would be a quick toss to Larry or Quan, have them get about 8-10 yards, get out of bounds, and THEN try the Hail Mary.

Reaction score
As far as I remember on that play the entire play when as Francisco DIVING at Harrison's knees and continuing to go for them. Who wouldn't be pissed? That's as dirty a move as any diving for a mans knees, can ruin a career. But of course people only see the small .gifs and hear Madden's response and jump overboard. I'd love to see a full video of what happened again.

anks106

Registered
Reaction score
As far as I remember on that play the entire play when as Francisco DIVING at Harrison's knees and continuing to go for them. Who wouldn't be pissed? That's as dirty a move as any diving for a mans knees, can ruin a career. But of course people only see the small .gifs and hear Madden's response and jump overboard. I'd love to see a full video of what happened again.

No one is stopping you from finding the video and posting it.

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Let's not go too far here we can go after Santonio next for his DUI's and domestic assaults but Fitz was accused of something pretty similar with his girlfriend and it basically has nothing to do with the game.

Harrison was penalized on the play, he could have been ejected but it really had no impact on the outcome of the game so why complain. The NFL will undoubtedly fine him.

James Harrison is on steroids. All the evidence suggests that http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Harrison_(American_football).

He goes from journey man to having to replace Joey Porter and become defensive player of the year. Add that to the rage issues...

SteelCityMom

Rookie
Reaction score
No one is stopping you from finding the video and posting it.

You have to watch this in HD quality, but you can clearly see that Harrison was not punching Fransisco, he was stopping him, pushed him down and then held him there. I'm in no way excusing his actions after that, he took it way too far and let his emotions get the better of him for the moment. I think everyone should also know that Harrison hasn't had a personal foul all year and whether Fransisco was meaning to or not, I think Harrison got the impression that he was going low and going for his knee.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCrAbErvQ54

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
You have to watch this in HD quality, but you can clearly see that Harrison was not punching Fransisco, he was stopping him, pushed him down and then held him there. I'm in no way excusing his actions after that, he took it way too far and let his emotions get the better of him for the moment. I think everyone should also know that Harrison hasn't had a personal foul all year and whether Fransisco was meaning to or not, I think Harrison got the impression that he was going low and going for his knee.

It is time for you to go back to your own boards.

We have no more use for you here or your punk ass players.

You won, we lost, get the hell out.

joshstmarie

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
:shock::slap:
this post reminds me of all the stupid spurs fans that stuck up for every dirty bruce bowen move. maybe thats the first time youve ever seen someone try to block another guy?? thats the only thing i can think of.

SteelCityMom

Rookie
Reaction score

Wow, sorry to upset you, was just trying to give some objectivity into the situation. There were a number of skirmishes throughout the game, on both sides. It was an intense game.

If seeing them as "punk ass players" is all you can do, then fine, that's your opinion. Sorry I presented another side to the argument.

Best of luck next season.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score

He is closed first hammering him on the between his shoulder blades...what he did is indefensible and dirty for a player that does not need to do that crap...

How could he be going low for his knees when Francisco was sitting there in his submissive dog posture?

DeVille

Reaction score
Does anyone know who the last player to be ejected from a NFL game was? I searched a bit, but didn't find any definitive answers. I imagine the refs really didn't want to 'take the game into their hands' by ejecting him, though I'm sure they technically could have. Its sort of a bizarre reversal of the Suns-Spurs incident a few years back (although what Harrison did was FAR worse than stepping onto a court).

EDIT: VV Thats right I had totally forgotten about that. Though a helmet did come off during that and it was clearly a closed fist, so maybe thats why the refs thought it was different?

I dunno, I can see it going either way. Itll be interesting to see if the league comes out and says he should've been ejected, or if they suspend him for maybe the 1st game of next year or something like that.
and SB ejections are REALLY rare... it's such a big game. the refs usually give a warning first...

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, sorry to upset you, was just trying to give some objectivity into the situation. There were a number of skirmishes throughout the game, on both sides. It was an intense game.

If seeing them as "punk ass players" is all you can do, then fine, that's your opinion. Sorry I presented another side to the argument.

Best of luck next season.

You are welcome here anytime SCM. Thanks for your posts the last couple of weeks. You are a-okay in my book.

Preacher

Rookie
Reaction score
http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=james%20harrison%20punch&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a&hl=en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wv#

Starting at 1:10.

No, the block on Harrison was not dirty, it doesn't seem like he was trying to "hurt" Harrison or go "for the knees."

But also, Watch Harrison. THe whole time, the Cards player is trying to get up. Harrison with an OPEN HAND hits in in the back thrusting him back tot he ground. I have seen OL do that ALL the time without a penalty.

Then, as other players are STILL RUNNING BY, which means the play is STILL ACTIVE, the cards player gets up, and Harrison with an OPEN HAND rears back and cracks the guy... ON THE SHOULDERPADS.... hit pause at 1:15 and you see Harrison's fingers coming up OVER THE SHOULDER PADS. They guy is off balance and flies backwards.

I have no problem with that play. It wasn't a fist. It was essentially the same thing as a OL punching on a run play, but it was one handed as a guy was getting up. Again, I have seen OL do that quite a bit.

Where I do have the problem is 1:19. The other players have slowed down. It looks like the whistle was blown. Then Harrison hits him again, while he was still in full control of his body.

It was a bad call, and a missed call which equaled out in a matter of 2 seconds for 15 yards.

No way he should be suspended for doing what the OL attempts to do on every run down.

azsportsfan01

Registered
Reaction score
http://video.google.com/videosearch...nt=firefox-a&hl=en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wv#

Starting at 1:10.

No, the block on Harrison was not dirty, it doesn't seem like he was trying to "hurt" Harrison or go "for the knees."

But also, Watch Harrison. THe whole time, the Cards player is trying to get up. Harrison with an OPEN HAND hits in in the back thrusting him back tot he ground. I have seen OL do that ALL the time without a penalty.

Then, as other players are STILL RUNNING BY, which means the play is STILL ACTIVE, the cards player gets up, and Harrison with an OPEN HAND rears back and cracks the guy... ON THE SHOULDERPADS.... hit pause at 1:15 and you see Harrison's fingers coming up OVER THE SHOULDER PADS. They guy is off balance and flies backwards.

I have no problem with that play. It wasn't a fist. It was essentially the same thing as a OL punching on a run play, but it was one handed as a guy was getting up. Again, I have seen OL do that quite a bit.

Where I do have the problem is 1:19. The other players have slowed down. It looks like the whistle was blown. Then Harrison hits him again, while he was still in full control of his body.

It was a bad call, and a missed call which equaled out in a matter of 2 seconds for 15 yards.

No way he should be suspended for doing what the OL attempts to do on every run down.

He was hitting him as a player ran by him. The reason people are upset was the fact that after the play was dead Harrison decked Francisco. That was unnecessary. On top of that he went after Aaron again. Completely classless.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I second that emotion. Go away. You are now gloating. Anyone who goes to an opponent's forum has way too much time and nothing but harassment in mind. Get a new life folks.

Now go burn a car or smash some windows to celebrate your team's victory.

Last edited:

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
THe whole time, the Cards player is trying to get up. Harrison with an OPEN HAND hits in in the back thrusting him back tot he ground. I have seen OL do that ALL the time without a penalty.

Unless you are a lineman for the Arizona Cardinals. Leonard Davis used to get called for that all the time. So did Reggie Wells.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
I sent SCM a pm to apologize for yelling at her, I'll post it here too, I went a bit loopy after watching the Harrison penalty a few times and yelled at a person simply because she was trying to explain / defend the guy.

I feel bad I did that and hope she gets to see this.

I still don't like what he did but she wasn't deserving of the way I went off on her.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I sent SCM a pm to apologize for yelling at her, I'll post it here too, I went a bit loopy after watching the Harrison penalty a few times and yelled at a person simply because she was trying to explain / defend the guy.

I still don't like what he did but she wasn't deserving of the way I went off on her.

I ain't taking mine back. Visiting an opponents site is not unlike sitting in an opponent's stadium with the visitors jersey/hat on. Do it at your own risk and don't be surprised at the reaction.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
I ain't taking mine back. Visiting an opponents site is not unlike sitting in an opponent's stadium with the visitors jersey/hat on. Do it at your own risk and don't be surprised at the reaction.

LOL,

She's alright.

There were others I blasted harder and enjoyed doing it thoroughly but she's just a fan of her team.

It's always amazed me at how people forget we just lost the Super Bowl, you won, you're wandering around people who've just been blasted in the junk and you're talking about your team, um the team that did the deed as if we should invite them to dinner or something.

Cracks me up.

SteelCityMom

Rookie
Reaction score

Thanks for the PM, sent one back. No hard feelings at all, completely understandable.

I know right now that Cards fans don't really want to hear anything out of Steelers fans right now, that's why I was trying to limit posts to just congrats on a great season and a great game. I realize now it wasn't exactly the best time to post about Harrison yet, just wanted to show what happened before the play too.

Honestly, I hate what he did as much as any Cards fan does, holding him down was one thing, but the way he went after him was inexcusable to me. It was an emotional game though, and he let it get away from him. I'd felt the same way about every other skirmish in the game...they were all fired up.

Anyhow, great game again and best of luck next season. I foresee nothing but improvements for your team here on out and that's a good thing IMO.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05