Little Did I Know...

Jim O

Reaction score
That when I tackled Tim Rattay while on opposing high school football teams, he would be making a boat load more than me nine years later. Maybe I shouldn't have talked all of that smack:

49ers | Rattay Contract Terms - from www.KFFL.com
Thu, 15 May 2003 11:25:28 -0700

Updating previous reports, QB Tim Rattay's one-year deal with the San Francisco 49ers has a $605,000 base salary in 2003.

Arvos

Veteran
Reaction score
Who cares?

The Cards still suck and even Rattay would be an improvement over Blake.

Tangodnzr

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
.....is this supposed to be smack?

LOL.

did someone just pass gas? :D

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Well, when I twice tried to tackle Ty Law, once getting a hand on his hip and once whiffing completely (this is on kickoff-he ran one back for a TD, called back for holding-ran the next back clean for a TD), I pretty much knew he was destined for good things.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since we're name dropping.....

I sacked Rodney Peete in a game. I also managed to block one of his shots in a basketball game. Of course, his teams won both times and he pretty much dominated.

I also got to hit Anthony Parker a few times when he played at McClintock. We never did beat McClintock though, and they won three championships while I was in high school. Shawn Patterson, who played a couple of seasons for Green Bay as a DT, beat the snot out of me. But, he was a senior and I was a soph.!

Damn, all that did was make me feel old! :)

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Re: Who cares?

Originally posted by Arvos

Coming from a fan of a team that has only won 5 games over two years, this pretty laughable. Buddy, the Cards OWN the Lions and we have beaten you guys like 5 times in a row.

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I played with the 'Niners rookie tight end (Aaron Walker). Wilber Marshal and Chris Collinsworth both went to my high school (obviously way before I got there).

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Re: Who cares?

Originally posted by Arvos
Arvos---if your such a Lions fan, why don't you post on their board? You haven't uttered one constructive thought yet and all you do is bash the Cards. It's one thing to be negative and still a fan, but to bash a team you don't even like is ludicrous, especially on that teams board.

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
Re: Re: Who cares?

Originally posted by 40yearfan
It's one thing to be negative and still a fan, but to bash a team you don't even like is ludicrous, especially on that teams board.

Will Arvos ever get banned?

I dont think he will. He is not bashing the cards enough.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Who cares?

Originally posted by arthurracoon
Will Arvos ever get banned?

I dont think he will. He is not bashing the cards enough.

I was wondering when that punk will get booted....but it really is hilarious that a Lions fan is talking smack. We totally own the Lions and anyone who watches either team knows that.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I was in high school I served ice cream to Felipie Sparks twice a week for an entire offseason and he once told me that he wanted to sign in AZ and even told them that he would take less money, but they said they were not intrested and he then resigned back with the Giants back in 94.

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Vance Johnson ran me over many times. Amazing how a guy who is so huge in high school ends up being a speedy receiver in the NFL.

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
John Ritchie broke my rib in a game, i was the old he was the star rb at CV high school here in PA. Its good to see him on the eagles. Ill root for him. And partied with LaVar Arrington at penn st. He is huge.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Chris Simms

I got to sack Chris Simms when he played for Ramapo Highschool. He was as skinny as he is today, he father is a beast by the way.
BUT we lost the game 56-14. And Chris Simms threw a 60 yard pass for a touchdown while rolling to the opposite side of his throwing hand. It was VERY impessive. I remember watching it sailing over my head, and just saying "D*mn!".

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
I guess my greatest claim to fame would be sacking Mark Ripien in practice back at WSU...too bad it was wearing the "red-shirt"...man did I get my ass chewed!

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Originally posted by Cardinals.Ken
I guess my greatest claim to fame would be sacking Mark Ripien in practice back at WSU...too bad it was wearing the "red-shirt"...man did I get my ass chewed!

Ken,
That is not your fault. I HATED when they put RED SHIRTS on the people they don't want you to hit. When I played football, horrible, evil, twisted, and violent thoughts took over my brains. All that I allowed into my brain while on defense was: "Find the ball, and kill the man carrying it"
So some QB, HOLDING THE BALL, WITH A RED SHIRT ON (the same color they use for blood, and bull fights, is sitting right in front of you. Well, to say the least I definately got yelled at, punnished, and at times got a good kick in the ass for just destroying that red shirters.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Eager to prove my manhood in a pickup touch football game on my first day of college, all 135 pounds of me picked out the biggest baddest dude to block on the opening kickoff.

I hit him square. He didn't budge. Neither did I (except for key parts of my groin). The ball carrier returned the kick off my block for an opening TD. I had to miss the entire freshman cross country season.

Turned out the guy I hit was starting Little All American center.

Who knew?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Originally posted by ajcardfan
Since we're name dropping.....

I sacked Rodney Peete in a game. I also managed to block one of his shots in a basketball game. Of course, his teams won both times and he pretty much dominated.

I also got to hit Anthony Parker a few times when he played at McClintock. We never did beat McClintock though, and they won three championships while I was in high school. Shawn Patterson, who played a couple of seasons for Green Bay as a DT, beat the snot out of me. But, he was a senior and I was a soph.!

Damn, all that did was make me feel old! :)

where did you go to high school and what years did you play varsity?

i tackled phillipe sparks and nathan laduke (though laduke also ran me over once . . . okay, twice). also played alongside kevin minnifield (a few years with the lions, bears, and a brief flirtation with the cards).

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Originally posted by hef
darren woodson of the cowboys is a very close friend of my family

oh yeah, tackled woodson too. he also blindsided me on a beautiful crackback block.

jf-08

chohan
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by PHXSPORTS4LIFE
where did you go to high school and what years did you play varsity?

i tackled phillipe sparks and nathan laduke (though laduke also ran me over once . . . okay, twice). also played alongside kevin minnifield (a few years with the lions, bears, and a brief flirtation with the cards).

Where'd you go - those guys were around when I was in High School.

Me - Dobson - 1987.

Ed B

The Matt Joyce of Posting
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I was a high school teammate of Eric Steinbach, now a Bengal.

Eric, as a 14 year old freshman, came up to varsity and got 21 sacks in 9 games as a DE. I think he finished his 4 year high school career with like 90 sacks.

The only notable competitor I ever recall playing against was Duane Goodrich, who was an absolutely untouchable WR at Richards High School in Oak Lawn IL. He played CB at Tennessee and eventually for the Cowboys.

Goodrich was so much faster than everyone else on the field it wasn't even fair.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05