Looking for new #2 QB??

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was all for bringing in a vet to compete for the backup position when I was stumping for Blake last year. The problem IMO, is now the time has really passed to get a guy and have him digest the entire offense. He will get alot but will never really catch up with the guys who have been with this since May.

The Cardinals at some point MUST determine if McCown is truly the answer for the future. They had a chance last year to get some early wuestions and they chose to not take the flier. I think that wa a mistake but it is also water under the bridge.

If this season goes down the crapper like last year, it is imperative the Cards throw this kid in there (and I mean a full fledged gameplan around him, starting shot) to get a real snapshot of this kid. Practice is great but until he starts a game (or more) they will never get a true feel for what he can do.

The answers they get will shape their drafting and free agent status in the immediate future.

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Originally posted by KingofCards
I would support picking up George, midseason IF Blake goes down AND we have a legimate shot at the playoffs.

Otherwise go with the Kid.

A mid season pick up of a VERY good vet would probably put him way behind McCown in knowing the O. Get him now or never. We now have two weeks to decide. Especially with the recieving group we have. They need consistancy.

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Originally posted by AzCards21
A mid season pick up of a VERY good vet would probably put him way behind McCown in knowing the O. Get him now or never. We now have two weeks to decide. Especially with the recieving group we have. They need consistancy.

Very true. We have the money we should spend it on someone with proven talent.

I bet we use it for added depth across the board rather then one or two guys.