Looks like Mcfadden may be out now...

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Looking at the Az Republic it looks like we have a lot of guys on the questionable to probable list for tomorrow's game. How does that happen coming off a bye week?

b0ng

Reaction score
That sucks. I'd much rather play against a team with a healthy secondary (Because hey, give AJ all the competition he can handle) than not.

Reaction score
Sure... and where is Rod Hood?? :bang:
I thought McFadden was going to be an upgrade over Hood. While Hood had occasional lapses, I don't see that McFadden has brought any more to the Cardinals than Hood offered. On top of that Hood was about $2 million a year cheaper! :(

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Is Toeler (sp?) activated for this game, I have not been impressed with McFadden and was really not expecting much more than what Hood offered- solid to an extent but not one you would want a QB to target all game. The young kid from the little school could be big in this game...and DRC, simple, play responsible in this game and do not gamble and your athletic ability will put you in as good of a position as possible compared to any other CB with the task of covering A.Johnson

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought McFadden was going to be an upgrade over Hood. While Hood had occasional lapses, I don't see that McFadden has brought any more to the Cardinals than Hood offered. On top of that Hood was about $2 million a year cheaper! :(

How so? The reason we let hood go i thought was because he had a roster escalator in his contract that jumped him up to 3 million + this season.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
How so? The reason we let hood go i thought was because he had a roster escalator in his contract that jumped him up to 3 million + this season.

Another reason was because he gave up the most TDs by any corner in the league.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
That means DRC will surely be on A. Johnson. Yikes!!

I would alternate between Adams, Toler and R. Brown on Walter

Scary proposition against a torrid pass offense

jaguarpaw81

All Star
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

McFadden is making 5 this year and 5 next year before he is a FA in '12.

jaguarpaw81

All Star
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
That means DRC will surely be on A. Johnson. Yikes!!

I would alternate between Adams, Toler and R. Brown on Walter

Scary proposition against a torrid pass offense
Sadly, we dont man up on D. Our corners just play one side each. Whoever lines up on their side is who they (attempt to) cover.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
wow that reall sucks dammit well time to score 30 plus to win this game... or who knows maybe by some act of god drc won't get burned for a td this game ugh.Well go offense

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score

McFadden has without a doubt been better then Hood so far this season. Hood gave up 3 TD's by week 5 this time last year. We have given up 7 Passing TD's. 4 to DRC, 1 to Wilson, 1 to Rolle, and one attributed to the LB's.

I was the biggest Hood believer on this board, but he clearly lost something after the 2007 season, and its why he will be at home eating popcorn watching football like the rest of America.

Times to see what the youngins Adams and Toler bring to the table.

Doug

B a n n ed WARRIOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Lynn Haven Florida(Panama City)1 mile away.
The raiders at least had one of,if not the best corner in the league on A.J. last week.We have got to get Shaub on the ground very early and skiddish.Plus knock down some passes CC & Branch and Dockett.Robinson has been known for a knockdown or two in his long career also.

I don't think Mario is gonna be a factor in tomorrows game with his shoulder and groin.We need to punnish HIM!Shame we don't have Patrick back till next week or Smith would be chipped on something major.I'm thinking without Mario at his best they'll try sending the rookie Barwin with Smith playing more on the inside like he did last week.

Warners gonna have the time he needs to put up the points.We just can't have any dropped balls or fumbles.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
I don't remember McFadden giving up any big play so far... Hood would never turn back and look at the ball even when playing tight coverage allowing big catches.

Early

Registered
Reaction score
McFadden has without a doubt been better then Hood so far this season. Hood gave up 3 TD's by week 5 this time last year. We have given up 7 Passing TD's. 4 to DRC, 1 to Wilson, 1 to Rolle, and one attributed to the LB's.

I was the biggest Hood believer on this board, but he clearly lost something after the 2007 season, and its why he will be at home eating popcorn watching football like the rest of America.

I do agree with that, but stats are hard to interpret since we run cover 3 this year and we only did that last year since the first playoff game against Atlanta. During regular season last year when Hood was burned alot, it was straight man coverage (probably as much man coverage as you will see in NFL these days) with a horrible passrush and a safety behind Rod Hood that is not known for his coverage but rather his box play. In other words: The worst circumstances to be in as a corner, a nightmare statwise. The cover 3 this year just helps enormously on preventing the big plays down deep and therefore impacts stats big time. It results in many more short completions but alot less of the long ones. Therefore the name "bend but don't break". So far McFadden has fullfilled that philosophy, while DRC has both bend and allowed to break down as well.

With all that said, McFadden has played really well to his role and defended the deep ball really well. I'm not sure Rod Hood would have done a better job. Hood's best attribute is press man coverage and especially as a nickel corner.

I too am excited to see what Adams and Toler can bring in. They both have shown some promise so far, but i'm afraid that the Texans are not the best game to start this role.... I just hope that our D-Line play will be able to help them the most, because they will need it for this game

It maybe shouldn't be in this thread but i'm looking forward to see how Levi Brown will do against Antonio Smith. Exciting matchup for sure. And it will be exciting to see what they gameplan with Mario Williams. Obviously as much as we pass every game.... We will need something special to deal with Mario...TE and RB help etc. We just can't let him go one on one against our tackles all game long. If we do, like we did with Freeney, this game is a loss in my opinion. If we can't pass, we won't win the game, it's as simple as that.

RonF

Per Ardua Ad Astra
Reaction score

Great response, let the facts speak for themselves. Is there a lack of chemistry between the three listed above? Wilson seems to be struggling in staying focused on what is happening on the field. I wish he could play at the same level as Palomolo of the Steelers. Big difference in the level of play between the two.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not everyone on the team can be a probowler. McFadden is solid and if he's out it hurts...badly.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Not everyone on the team can be a probowler. McFadden is solid and if he's out it hurts...badly.

I was hoping McFadden would help improve the tackling from our CB position but so far in that area he has been a disappointment. To me at least.