Lucas Tischer signs with Phoenix Suns?

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
BbaLL_31 said:
Diogu really impressed with rebounding :) everything else, will probably drop a notch, when he gets to NBA though but he could get ROY.

I'm not sure he starts on the Warriors unless GS moves Murphy to center.

Last edited:

LoganMo

Reaction score
Diogu scored the easiest on Tischer. I was about three rows behind the Suns bench that game, and my friend and I were commenting on how easily Ike could score on Tischer numerous times. I don't know how the numbers actually stacked up, but it was pretty clear in the moment that Ike was having his way with Tischer.

sunsfn

Reaction score
Tischer is a very athletic player. He appears to be a tad taller than Ike.
He is a very good passer, runs very good, and looks like he is a better offensive player than defensive. However, when Ike was scoring on him late in the game, Ike was hitting most of those shots from the outside and was in a groove.

With some playing time Graham is going to be a good player, he is an excellent dribbler and is very athletic and looks and plays like Corey Maggette from the clippers.

Dijon Thompson looks good and looks like a shooter.

I was disappointed in Mindaugas Katelynas, he is 6' 9" and is supposed to be a good shooter, but I did not see him hit a shot. He looks like he is very weak and needs to get a lot stronger.

Monte Ellis who was drafted by the Warriors out of high school looks like a keeper and is going to be a very good player some day. He has a great shot and seems to be able to play the point already in the NBA.

-

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I'm surprised there has been no mention of Ron Slay in this thread, who arguably was our best player next to Barbosa.

PhxGametime

Formerly Bball_31
Reaction score
I really like Slay but when I think of the 3 I mentioned... I feel they all matchup well at respective positions. I'm not sure how Slay would fare against Garnett, Duncan, etc.

Tischer might not be great but at Center, there are many average "bigs" there. Thompsom and Graham are 5th to 7th on the depth chart and matchup better IMO at G/F than Slay at PF... if there's a team, that he could play for, it's probably the Suns but I'd only take him, if it's over Graham.

Taking 3 guys from that Summer League, would be another cheap start to season IMO... the SL team didn't look that good. Depending on how NBDL works though, you never know but it just doesn't seem right to have 15 players on roster and carry an extra 3 on NBDL... it's probably more like George's suggestion. I want some experienced players and that would include using LLE AND re-signing JJ...

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Slay was okay, but he is a tweaner. I know BbalL disagrees with me, but if I could only take one player off the summer league team it would be Graham. he does need to work on his outside shot some, but I didn't think he was any less consistent than Thompson. He's got great size and athleticism. He's a much better defender already than Thompson, and he can create offense.

I thought Graham looked like the kind of guy that could come in and play a role off the bench this season if he was needed. I really hope they lock him up.

Joe Mama

PhxGametime

Formerly Bball_31
Reaction score
I actually like him for those very reasons and while I didn't completely finish the 2nd game, I just never saw him make a jumper until 3rd game because I think his best position would be SG (although I'm usually not one to say, that if you're a SG you have to be able to shoot). I've always liked Larry Hughes for example... that would be an awesome Prospect at the 2, if he can learn to shoot in the NBDL to develop (I agree with coloradosun) but I'd still like to have JJack back but that kind of body at SG with the ability to drive, defend... and actually Joe Mama, he's 1 of the 3 (Thompson, Graham, and Tischer) I want on team but I believe 1 will go to NBDL and remember they can call him up and anytime.

Errntknght

Reaction score
It appears we've got Thompson and Tischer but Graham sounds like the best of the bunch to me - yeah, I said 'sounds' because I haven't seen any of the action. I have strong preference for guys who can defend - you can bet that a defender will work hard on his offensive game but a lot of offensive minded players never buckle down to defense. And even if they are industrious, like Casey Jacobson, they often never get the hang of it. The Suns' coaching staff is not a lot of help when it comes to teaching defense either...

If Graham's D translates to the NBA level and he's got a decent handle, as several posts indicate, then you can put him on the floor with our scorers and he won't hurt the team. It's even possible in certain situations he'll be a positive contributor by his defense.

PhxGametime

Formerly Bball_31
Reaction score
Plus Joe Mama it's the offseason, come regular season, I'll be the biggest homer and biggest fan of Graham's... I just get upset all the time with how things are going.

A lot of my negativity comes from the fact, that Eddie Badsen was my choice in 2nd and again (after they Traded the Pick that I wanted Garcia for), I'm disappointed, and then bam Undrafted Rookies comes along and again, he's left over... I won't even mention 1st Round too much - I wanted Francisco Garcia and bam, the team states that if they kept Pick; Garcia and Leni-Ukic were their options.

The exact same thing the year before, I wanted Iguodala and then right after Trading Pick, bam oh the Suns state, Iggy was their man and all that crap that he wouldn't be there...

I didn't really like the Draft before but liked Barbosa (without seeing him yet - he did play shortly after against Team USA)... I was too excited to care about Jacobsen Pick, after getting Stoudemire...

In FA, I would've liked to go after Stromile Swift over Quentin Richardson, last year and I think the Suns overpayed to get Raja Bell (although watching some gamefilm he might fit in well)... I guess I'm just not too happy during the offseason :) and if JJ isn't re-signed :mad: