Lynch demands trade

thegrahamcrackr

Reaction score
OKLAHOMA CITY -- The New Orleans Hornets have kicked veteran George Lynch out of their preseason camp at Southern Nazarene University.

Lynch

Lynch has made it clear he wants to be traded and the feeling is mutual, said Hornets coach Byron Scott.

"I don't want those type of distractions in our locker room," Scott said.

"George has made it clear that he wants to be traded. We've made it clear that we want to trade him.

"We want to try to get rid of him, try to make him happy."

Team officials said Lynch is in Dallas while recovering from offseason foot surgery and was unavailable for comment.

Lynch's agent, Steve Kaussman, couldn't be reached for comment.

Lynch is in the final year of a contract that will pay him $3.2 million this season. He has said he wants to play for a contending team.

The Hornets will play 35 home games in Oklahoma City this season because of hurricane damage in New Orleans.

Not that I want him for the Suns, but I thought I may as well post it.

Amare32

STAT man
Reaction score
Wouldn't mind adding Lynch, guy can still defend and would be a decent addition. Bet we could get him for a future 2nd rounder

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Amare32 said:
Wouldn't mind adding Lynch, guy can still defend and would be a decent addition. Bet we could get him for a future 2nd rounder

I don't think that's possible.

Amare32

STAT man
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
I don't think that's possible.

Don't see why not. They obviously want to move him and they are under the cap so It should work in theory.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
no thanks, we've got 15 players under contract right now and 3.2 million is a lot of money for a backup SF that'll probably never play. I'd rather have James Jones, Jimmy Jackson or even Diaw at backup SF.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Amare32 said:
Don't see why not. They obviously want to move him and they are under the cap so It should work in theory.

It doesn't matter that they are under the cap. What matters is that we are not. How do we take on 3.2million without space and without using our exception?

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
How do we take on 3.2million without space and without using our exception?

Right, it would wipe out the exception. I hope that the Suns can find a better way to spend it than that.

Neo

Red Tape Sorter
Reaction score
I can't see any reason why the Suns would give up much of anything for a mediocre forward. I just can't see him cracking the rotation with a rotation of STAT, Marion, Thomas, Grant, Jones, Diaw, and Jackson playing time in the forward positions.

Anyways, who does he think he is, demanding a trade to a contender. It is not like he has done anything to deserve to have enought clout to demand a trade to a contender. Are any teams good enough to contend for a championship really so weak at forward that they will look at an average player like Lynch and say:

"Boy, that forward who averages 20 minutes and 4 points a game on New Orleans, he has to be the missing piece for our championship run. Let's mess with our team chemistry and trade for this guy who was a complainer on his last team."

myrondizzo

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
maybe the heat will be interested since they dont care about chemistry.:)

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
myrondizzo said:
maybe the heat will be interested since they dont care about chemistry.:)

:biglaugh: Their is not enough balls for the heat this year, maybe they could play with 2 balls and the Heat would be great. That team is not going to even the eastern finals this year

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
DevonCardsFan said:
:biglaugh: Their is not enough balls for the heat this year, maybe they could play with 2 balls and the Heat would be great. That team is not going to even the eastern finals this year

You said, "balls.":D

boondockdrunk

Resident Drunkard
Reaction score
jbeecham said:
no thanks, we've got 15 players under contract right now and 3.2 million is a lot of money for a backup SF that'll probably never play. I'd rather have James Jones, Jimmy Jackson or even Diaw at backup SF.

I agree. Lynch didn't have any numbers last year that stood out to me. He would just seem to add to a position that is not a need right now.

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think the Suns shopping list is pretty short - an athletic shot blocker or a backup point guard.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
George O'Brien said:
I think the Suns shopping list is pretty short - an athletic shot blocker or a backup point guard.

I agree, particularly at PG. I have wanted the Suns to sign a backup PG that could give Nash some rest since last season. I'm just hoping the Suns already have the answer for this position on their roster, whether it is a single player or by committee. The Suns have three particularly interesting players they may use to give Nash some rest at the PG position: Barbosa, Diaw and House. I'm thinking the Suns will try the backup PG by committee approach until someone distinguishes himself at this position.

Now, in regard to that athletic shot blocker, it does not appear to be a high priority for the Suns right now. I sure wish the Suns could have somehow kept Hunter but I guess they just could not offer him the good long term contract he got from Philly. I wish Hunter good luck as he treated the Suns well.

It appears the Suns did not go after Lonnie Jones very hard. I was really hoping they would take a look at him at least for depth. Anyway, my biggest comfort is that if either of these positions become a huge need, the Suns have the trade exception, picks and/or players to acquire a missing piece.

Assuming the Suns already have the backup PG position potentially filled, will there be an athletic big man out there (that probably has to shoot well) available before the trading deadline? :)

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake