M-v-p&%#@!!!

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
By half-time, we could all see that Nash couldn't stop a high schooler from scoring. Well, guess what, that is the reason we keep House on the bench - Coach could have decided, "Let's see if Eddie has one of those nights. If he doesn't, at least I can give Nash needed rest going into Game 7". Coach didn't even try this in the late 4th quarter.

I don't think highly of House, but even I was thinking he might be worth a shot in the fourth quarter. As you say, the worst-case scenario was that the Suns would lose anyway (which they were going to) and Nash would get a bit more rest.

Jones is shooting 5-24 (.208 ) in this series. That's awful.

nowagimp

Reaction score
Chaplin said:
Cheese definitely is a little alarmist, but let's not absolve Bryan Colangelo of some of the guilt for not going out and getting a true backup point guard.

And where would this team be with Amare and KT right now? Nash wouldn't be as worn out as he is now.

Personally, I thought this game was pathetic. I am so disappointed in the Suns--they showed no heart whatsoever--even Marion had his big game fairly quietly. It was almost like they didn't want to win the game.

Marion: 34pts(13-22), 9 rebs, 6 steals on a jammed ankle. marion was ready, but Bell, Thomas, Nash and Diaw were not. These guys ALL disappeared when it counted. Diaw has been AWOL for 2 games now. He looks physically tired defending in the post. Barbosa helped with an encouraging game, but lets be serious 2 guys cant win against the Clippers. Nash needs at least week of rest and he's not going to get it. As far as all the stupid comments about cubans eval, go look at the mavs injury report. Devin Harris missed more than 15 games this year. Josh Howard was out for another 15. The mavs are just lucky those injuries did not happen at the end of the year. Their PG's are LESS durable than Nash based on games missed and they play alot less minutes and are much younger.

jibikao

Reaction score
TucsonDevil said:
True, Nash isn't at his MVP caliber form... however, blame needs to fall on Three other individuals.

First: Coach D'Antoni. By half-time, we could all see that Nash couldn't stop a high schooler from scoring. Well, guess what, that is the reason we keep House on the bench - Coach could have decided, "Let's see if Eddie has one of those nights. If he doesn't, at least I can give Nash needed rest going into Game 7". Coach didn't even try this in the late 4th quarter. Shame on him! Nash could have had 3 days rest, PLUS less stress on his legs/back.

Second: Tim Thomas was 1 for 6 with 5 rebounds. That is 3 points and 5 boards. Not the "playoff MVP" as some were willing to crown him a week ago. If you want to find a disappearing act, look for TT.

Third: James Jones has now remembered that he sucks. We needed his "amnesia" another couple of weeks. His 'hustle' that we praised two days ago was missing last night. Yeah, he is tired, but so is everyone else. James Jones needs to give us more than a shot or two and a couple of rebounds. Last night he gave us ZERO points, 2 boards and 2 Turnovers. Of course, he only played 10 min, but turning the ball over twice in 10 minutes will get you pulled if you aren't contributing elsewhere.

Suns can still win on Monday. I still Believe.

I agree that House should play at least some. He's been soooooooooo cold. We need him to get back his shooting or some confidence. Sure, he is not reliable but you can't just ignore your bench. We have deeper bench this season for a reason.

It reminds me of Don Nelson a bit. He used to run Nash like hell. There was almost no backup. Kept yelling Nash to push push push the ball.

I was really expecting Nash to rest more in game 6.

nowagimp

Reaction score
I was looking at the overall playoff stats for the league and found it very interesting. MANY stars are apparently playing poorly and fatigue may be to blame. Detroit is really playing poorly, with the top two scorers, Billups and Hamilton are shooting 42% FG's!! I guess they are just having a hard time making shots or are unable to create high percentage shots for themselves against CLEVELAND. Players whose percentages are good(or better) as the regular season: Tim Duncan is at 60%, Nowitski is at 51%, Kaman 57%, Brand at 54% are playing well. For the Mavs, terry(42%), howard(45.9%),and stackhouse(42%) are not shooting very well.

Against these numbers the suns are shooting comparatively well with Nash at 48%, Bell and TT at 49%, Leandro and shawn at 47%, Diaw at 52%.

I think the whole league is tired, but the suns have had it the worst, 13 games(the most of any team) in 25 days. There will be a fatigue penalty for the suns, who are the smallest team and have the shortest rotation in the playoffs. No suprise that Nash has looked tired. Billups looks almost as tired and is shooting 42%, vs 48% for nash.

gdiddy

Registered
Reaction score
Dude, back off from Nash. If it weren't for him this entire season, you wouldn't even be watching the Suns in the playoffs.

Nash

Reaction score
gdiddy said:
Dude, back off from Nash. If it weren't for him this entire season, you wouldn't even be watching the Suns in the playoffs.

there you go! you da man!

Wally

Registered
Reaction score
gdiddy said:

I'm not sure who your "Dude" is that you want to back off from Nash. I know it's not me (yet) because I haven't posted.

You certainly can't deny that Nash is NOT playing close to the MP3 level for the past two games. D'Antoni may feel he has to ride the horse that got him to the show - but the horse is "old" & needs some rest. Can't reall blame D'Antoni either except for NOT giving House at least a try.

I know the problem and it's Amare & Kurt. Neither one "sucked it up" and played through their injury.
:lies:

saxmanager

Reaction score
Well, I hope all you doomsayers are right. I'd love nothing more then to see Nash and the rest of those tired players get a nice long rest, over the summer in fact! The Clips are ready for a new challenge.

OP
OP
DevonCardsFan

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
DevonCardsFan said:
Where is Nashes heart???? Nash is tired I get it, but WTF. He is a shell of himself. Marion is getting literally manhandled, same with Diaw and T2, they are getting pounded by big guys. Nash has just disapeared, He is playing very weak. This is not a MVP performance, he is playing like he is 60 years old, dude needs to suck it up and play.
You must be registered for see images

Big Time Apology!!!

Go NASH!!!!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05