Making This Forum More Exciting?

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am wondering how to make this forum more exciting and have increased traffic over a sustained period of time?

I know the obvious answer is that the Dbacks put a winning product onto the field, but of course they're the only AZ franchise out of the 4 profressional sports to win their Championship in their respective sport and they arent too far removed... True.. it seems like distant history after the debacle of the '04 season.. but they were fielding a highly competitve team up until then and last year rebounded quite well...

Of course.. the drawback was the team lacked life/excitement.. but injecting a team with the likes of Orlando Hudson and Eric Byrnes is a good stop-gap until the highly touted uber prospects will advance into the limelight and have the chance to prove their worth/keep......

I still contend that having Bob Brenly Jr. as your manager isnt a benefit... especially since Melvin doesnt know how to use the younger players and will slow down the development of Jackson, and eventually will do the same to the others... if Jackson struggles again...Melvin better not bench him in favor of Clark w/out providing a chance for Jackson to overcome a slump.. otherwise... he will lose all his confidence.....

But.. I did digress somewhat by straying away from the original topic.... How should I make this more exciting? I dont like "cut and pasting" articles (except when it pertains to music news of interest)..... I have written my "Lous Views" which I'll probably write the next one to be on the front-page..... We could have some game-time chats on occasion.... have people attend games and write their personal accounts... or those who are heavily into sabrematics discuss stats and put them into proper context on a regular basis... obviously there are many who follow the Minor League system (including myself), so we could have threads updating their rise... plus... '06 draft previews could be written as well....

Feedback from everyone would be vastly appreciated because I cant tolerate when this forum becomes dormant......

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Maybe we can have a trade rumor thread? The one thing we must have is a link to the source of the trade or people could be making up anything.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
KLL said:
I am wondering how to make this forum more exciting and have increased traffic over a sustained period of time?

I know the obvious answer is that the Dbacks put a winning product onto the field, but of course they're the only AZ franchise out of the 4 profressional sports to win their Championship in their respective sport and they arent too far removed... True.. it seems like distant history after the debacle of the '04 season.. but they were fielding a highly competitve team up until then and last year rebounded quite well...

Of course.. the drawback was the team lacked life/excitement.. but injecting a team with the likes of Orlando Hudson and Eric Byrnes is a good stop-gap until the highly touted uber prospects will advance into the limelight and have the chance to prove their worth/keep......

I still contend that having Bob Brenly Jr. as your manager isnt a benefit... especially since Melvin doesnt know how to use the younger players and will slow down the development of Jackson, and eventually will do the same to the others... if Jackson struggles again...Melvin better not bench him in favor of Clark w/out providing a chance for Jackson to overcome a slump.. otherwise... he will lose all his confidence.....

But.. I did digress somewhat by straying away from the original topic.... How should I make this more exciting? I dont like "cut and pasting" articles (except when it pertains to music news of interest)..... I have written my "Lous Views" which I'll probably write the next one to be on the front-page..... We could have some game-time chats on occasion.... have people attend games and write their personal accounts... or those who are heavily into sabrematics discuss stats and put them into proper context on a regular basis... obviously there are many who follow the Minor League system (including myself), so we could have threads updating their rise... plus... '06 draft previews could be written as well....

Feedback from everyone would be vastly appreciated because I cant tolerate when this forum becomes dormant......

I'm so with you KLL....I love my Dbacks and this is an exciting time as i think big things are to come. Check out my post on the Suns thread "Does this site only support the Cardinals thread" and you'll see im with you....

I just have so little time to post the articles i find but i would love to read new info on my backs on a daily basis......

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
I like the forum how it is. True there are fewer posters but most of us know our stuff when it comes to the DBacks which makes for more intelligent conversation.

Diamondback Jay

Psalms 23:1
Reaction score
MaoTosiFanClub said:
I like the forum how it is. True there are fewer posters but most of us know our stuff when it comes to the DBacks which makes for more intelligent conversation.

I agree wholeheartedly with Mao here.

It'd be nice to get more people posting with regularity, however the posters currently here are extremely knowledgable and bring a good amount to the table.

I do like the idea of a rumor thread and a "Weekly Wrap Up on the Farm" feature, but otherwise, truthfully I wouldn't change a thing.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
MaoTosiFanClub said:

Too bad Joe G. Jr. did not consult with us before signing Ortiz.:mad:

OP
OP
KingLouieLouie

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Zona90 said:
Maybe we can have a trade rumor thread? The one thing we must have is a link to the source of the trade or people could be making up anything.
Typically we do keep track of trade rumors about a month approaching the deadline.... Currently... there arent too many rumors circulating with much merit and if so.. most of those deals wont be executed until then... The rare instances would be if a team loses a crucial player immediately to start the season and are desperate to promptly fill that void with a player of equal or better talent....

Although.. if people want to post and maintain one throughout the season, a couple of sources (links posted above in the "stickied" thread) are excellent to track and chart any of those rumors... that would be http://www.prosportsdaily.com and http://www.sportspages.com ....
They are both free services that consists of every Major League franchises top newspapers and are updated daily.... That's essentially what ESPN Insider users which makes that somewhat of a "rip-off"......

I am in favor of a Minor League update thread... Perhaps one of each corresponding w/each level of affiliate... So.. there would be an individual thread dedicated to the Sidewinders, Smokies..etc.....

Also.. if any of you attend Minor League games, please feel free to post a report of the game and it could be included in the forum.... Also.. the same applies to if anyone attends a Dbacks game.. would be excellent to receive an indepth first-hand account.....

Then.. if there are anyone who specializes in Sabrematics, please feel free to post a thread dedicated to all the stats and updated them on a regular basis.....

Then.. there could be a thread leading-up to the '06 draft or individual threads that would be chronicles of some of the elite prospects... I began 2 last year of Upton and Drew which had newer articles posted onto that thread..... would be a great and organized manner to go back in a cpl years and refer back to some of how their careers materialized....

Also.. we could begin threads of ... this day in Dbacks history or even create polls on certain subjects.. perhaps assemble the all-time great Dbacks roster.. albeit... some choices would be beyond obvious.....

Then... a baseball trivia thread could be interesting......

I do agree... perhaps there arent as many posters on the Dbacks forum compared to the Cardinals and Suns, but all of those who contribute to this forum always posts messages of brilliant content.....very resourceful and knowledgeable....

And.. I do welcome posters who may follow/sport other teams to post on here, however, if you do troll..then you will be dealt with accordingly... that's some fair warning right there.....

Again.. if anyone as further feedback and suggestions.. please let me know.. they're always welcomed...

Last edited:

whozurmomma

One smart momma
Reaction score
I will be attending several of the Lancaster games this season ... at least every home and southern division game when a certain pitcher is on the mound ... and will be more than happy to post information about the games. I keep a scorebook as well when I go to the games, so that will give me some good information on the players' performance for that game.

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you want it busier, all of you who know people in your life who like the Dbacks, tell them about this site and have them come here and post...might be fun!

RedStorm

Next NY Gov
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe we can have a race between catsup, mustard and relish.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05