Manning would sit out 2004 if selected by Chargers

100%CardsFan

100% embarrassed
Reaction score
azdad1978 said:
Probably the same thing. Jurecki already stated on his show today that his sources already told him that Manning would pull the same thing If we have the #1 pick.

I seriously hate Manning at this point and will boo until I p1ss my pants at the game if he ever plays against us. (BTW- booing makes me p1ss)

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
100%CardsFan said:
I seriously hate Manning at this point and will boo until I p1ss my pants at the game if he ever plays against us. (BTW- booing makes me p1ss)

100%, have we had a few drinks tonight? :D

BradMannTX

Puh-shaw
Reaction score
Montgomery, TX -- Birthplace of the Texas Flag!
What in the hell is Eli's dad fightin' his fights for him anyway? Those deals always annoy me. This has got to be a PR nightmare for the Manning clan. That's just plain dumb. It's not like San Diego is, um, Cincinnati or something. Hell, even SD has been to a Superbowl in the last decade.

I'm officially out of the Eli camp...what a friggin' loser.

McCown-Boldin in '04

I've seen the light.

Draft DEFENSE

danny l

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
There are a lot of games being played here. My guess is that San Diego doesn't want the #1 and leaked this information themselves so that their fans wouldn't string them up for trading out of the #1 spot with NY. And as far as Tagliabue and the NFL, they aren't going to say a thing because they would love to have a Manning in the #1 market in the league.

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Regardless of the issues at play here, and who lets this happen, its a deisgusting blot on the league and Eli Manning. Im a Cards fan 1st and in 98 when I moved to Denver, a Bronco fan 2nd. But I couldnt root for the Broncos until Elway retired. I hated him for that pu$$y maneuver, and now I get to direct my ire at Eli. WHat a punk.

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
Talk about a daddy's boy. Has anyone seen even one quote from Eli himself on this issue?

GreenMonster

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
First of all, Manning is NOT the best Qb in the draft, in fact he would have a difficult time being the third best. He is living off of his name recognition.

And, he's a wimpy assed little jackass who should be blackballed by the NFL and NEVER drafted by anyone. But, of course this can't happen because the league would be sued for collusion.

So, the best thing that can happen, or worst for Manning, is that the Chargers DO draft him and then let their defensive players kick the living crap out of him in pre season practice sessions.

BTW, GALLERY should be the Cardinals pick, if he is there. FitzGerald will not be what many think he will be.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Jersey Girl Cards Fan said:
The thing that sucks about this for the Chargers is that Archie should have just told them this and not made it public. Now, everyone knows that Eli (or his dad anyway) doesn't want to play for the Chargers, so I think that might compromise their trade ability. Do I think it's wrong for Eli and his pops to be releasing these demands? Absolutely. But I also think it is stupid for the Chargers to waste their 1st pick -- the first pick in the draft -- to take someone who might never suit up.

actually, that IS what the mannings did. the chargers went public with this information. still don't think the mannings are right.

Tashunca

Registered
Reaction score
Remember the Warren Moon option. Instead of "slavery" he signed with Canada for a few years, learned by playing (no clipboard), and then signed for $millions in the NFL with the team OF HIS OWN CHOOSING!

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I can't blame Eli for not wanting to play in San Diego. I can't blame Archie for not wanting to watch his son get kicked around and beatin up every game ebcause San Diego is so horrible.

What I will say is that is just one big ploy by both parties and it's kinda tiresome.

-You know the Giants have made offers for the number 1 pick to take Eli. From all reports that I've heard on ESPN (not solid gold facts) these offers have been reasonable. SD is holding out for some blockbuster deal and it isn't gonna happen.

-Eli and his dad, do not want him to play in SD. They would prefer that the Chargers trade the pick.

-SD leaks this to the press to make the Mannings look like the bad guys and so that they are justified in trading down or passing on Manning. The media take that SD passed on one Manning and shouldn't make the same mistake twice is now mute. SD basically can do no wrong other than drafting Manning.

-Manning owuld not sit out the whole season, the Mannings are using this threat to hopefully convince the Chargers to trade the pick to the Giants.

This sucks, but I hold this against San Diego. SD has been all over everybody and the Giants have stated that they want Manning. Now that Manning wants to go to NY, the Chargers suddenly can't live wothout him. This makes me dispise the SD organization. If they would have been all over Manning from the begining I would feel diffferently, but after failing to trade the pick and not knowing who they want, they are prepared to draft Manning even if he sits out. Doesn't really make much sense.

maddogkf

You think KFCs still open
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sun Devil Stadium, Sect 27, Row 34, Seat 8
Tashunca said:
Remember the Warren Moon option. Instead of "slavery" he signed with Canada for a few years, learned by playing (no clipboard), and then signed for $millions in the NFL with the team OF HIS OWN CHOOSING!
see my response to this in the other thread...

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chopper0080 said:
I The media take that SD passed on one Manning and shouldn't make the same mistake twice is now mute.
Arrgh.

First, it's "moot.":bimmed:

Second, SD did not "pass" on Peyton. They "missed out" on Peyton. Peyton Manning was drafted #1 overall, not Ryan Leaf.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Pariah........yeah about that passing on Manning, aparently I am a moron, or at least had a moronic moment. I appologize to everyone who counts on my accuracy (nad I think I am the only who does). Well at least this point is now mute.

(hahahahahaha)