Marbury on radio right now

cly2tw

Reaction score
Joe,

let's say it's an accumulation of mistakes and bad lucks. So, I really don't mind that much that Suns did this deal, even though I like Marbury a lot. But the reason I especially pointed out the Marion signing is that it was the last straw, the final back-breaker, which ensured that the Suns were trapped into a bad-fit-core of Amare-Marbury-Marion with no financial room left for any maneuver.

creed,

the only justification for Marion's max contract might be his deceptive stats. But his talent in total neither fits with the core of Amare-Steph nor warrants the contract since he is not and will never be a go-to scorer. Period.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by SirStefan32
Exactly! Marbury, Houston, Hardaway, Thomas, Van Horn- that is a powerful team that could compete in the West. They'll be a major force in the East.

WTF?!?

1st, Marbury and Van Horn have a major fued going. Clubhouse hate at its best.

2nd, Houston doesnt have the desire to put it together night in and night out IMO.

3rd, Mutombo is still on this team, nuff said.

This team could by no means be a major force in the east. Mediocre I think.

Compete for what in the west? A high draft pick?

Billythekid

All Star
Reaction score
Van Horn and Marbury will be interesting. I think the New Jersey ordeal was blown out by the media. Marbury has grown up alot since then.

I still don't think Marbury has all the tools to take New York all the way in the east.I do think they'll be dangerous, as the East is pretty weak.

I think Houston and Marbs will be the challenge as both command the ball. Marbury will ok though, he's proved he can take into the team concept. And this being his 4th team, i think when he got to Phx he wanted to settle, hopefully he can do that in NY and make NJ the bitch once more.

OP
OP
J

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by cly2tw
Joe,

let's say it's an accumulation of mistakes and bad lucks. So, I really don't mind that much that Suns did this deal, even though I like Marbury a lot. But the reason I especially pointed out the Marion signing is that it was the last straw, the final back-breaker, which ensured that the Suns were trapped into a bad-fit-core of Amare-Marbury-Marion with no financial room left for any maneuver.

creed,

the only justification for Marion's max contract might be his deceptive stats. But his talent in total neither fits with the core of Amare-Steph nor warrants the contract since he is not and will never be a go-to scorer. Period.

I agree with what you wrote to me. With Shawn Marion making the maximum and Marbury making the super maximum in a couple years the Phoenix Suns would have been paying essentially an extra maximum contract too much for those players.

I like Shawn Marion. I really do. In another thread I just wrote that I'm going to give him a chance this season (like anyone really cares what I think) to give back to his game. That said, I don't think he will never be a maximum contract type player. There's no doubt in my mind that his gaudy rebounding numbers are going to drop by 2-3 rbg when this team improves/returns its frontcourt to a level where it is truly competitive in the playoffs. We'll have to wait to see what happens there, but I don't think there should be any doubt at this point that they made a mistake by just throwing the maximum at him. And I will fully admit that I was cautiously happy when they extended him.

Joe Mama

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Originally posted by scotsman13
i personally feel sorry for marbury. he really was enjoying his time in the sun. he had done everything he knew how to do to make this a successful team. i dont know what else he could have done.

Probably nothing. ANd that might be why he needed to go elsewhere.