Marc Stein Training Camp Power Rankings

OP
OP
F

fordronken

Reaction score
I don't remember him being one of the guys who was really down on the team, but I can't remember.

As always, things like these don't mean anything other than something fun to argue about.

Dustbuster

Veteran
Reaction score
So far Stein has been one of the few to give the Suns a decent shake this year.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
Dustbuster said:
So far Stein has been one of the few to give the Suns a decent shake this year.

Technically you could argue the Suns beat Dallas without JJ and Q, since Q was the one who never showed up. At least I saw JJ on the sidelines with a gunshot wound to his eye.

Neo

Red Tape Sorter
Reaction score
Treesquid said:
Technically you could argue the Suns beat Dallas without JJ and Q, since Q was the one who never showed up. At least I saw JJ on the sidelines with a gunshot wound to his eye.

Actually, if only if you are speaking technically, did Q show up. The overuse of "technically" is getting to be as bad as the overuse of "literally." People say it when they actually mean the opposite. Seeing phrases like "Amare literally ate him alive" either make me giggle or irritate me depending upon my mood.

Still, I agree with the spirit of your comment. We saw in more than one game that Amare, Nash, and Marion can literally (sic) carry the Suns when called upon. In the Dallas series, Q did very little scoring, mostly because they decided to let Nash score at will and tried to prevent him from getting the rest of the team involved.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Ah, the verbal battle commences, next shot tree?

Neo

Red Tape Sorter
Reaction score
ASUCHRIS said:

No need to battle. Heaven knows I make plenty of spelling and grammar mistakes myself. I do agree with the substance of his post.

Please don't beat me up and take my lunch money!!

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score

Uh, my money's on Neo in this one.

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
Wasn't Stein one of the guys that encouraged "crisis talk"?

Well, 'technically', I think it was Chad Ford who called for crisis talk regarding the Suns. And I think he was 'literally' out of his mind for doing so...

thegrahamcrackr

Reaction score
TucsonDevil said:
Well, 'technically', I think it was Chad Ford who called for crisis talk regarding the Suns. And I think he was 'literally' out of his mind for doing so...

I thought Ford kept an open mind about the Suns. Hollinger blasted them.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
thegrahamcrackr said:
I thought Ford kept an open mind about the Suns. Hollinger blasted them.

I remember now--Hollinger did blast us, but Chad Ford has the Kings finishing above us.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
I respect Chad Ford's opinion but i think he is off on his Suns and Kings evaluations. Time will tell. ESPN actually has a very good mix of NBA guys (esp when they used to have David Aldridge) in that i think Stein, Bucher, and Ford are all credible and even handed. I think Hollinger is an idiot but it is always the demonstrative guys that polarize so many people and he is very stubborn and direct in his analysis. Steven A. while a one trick pony, also has good analysis if you turn the volume down when he comes on....But forget all this....these guys are mostly speculating and our influenced by personal feelings and gut feelings. Lets got to the most credible source of all when it comes to accuracy in the pre-season....VEGAS BABY! (sorry...:( )

I guess I won't feel so bad then about revealing that the Spurs (2:1), Heat (5:1), Pistons (5:1) and Suns (5:1) are the favorites to win the '06 NBA title, according to the Bellagio Race & Sports Book (as of Sept. 19).

Its funny because a month ago i couldnt find one person who was in favor of our off season (besides the fair and even minded fans on this site of course:) ), and now we are getting the best odds of any other team than the Spurs. Now that is respect....nice. Boris Diaws emergence in Europe has to have something to do with all this....;)

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
elindholm said:

Uh, my money's on Neo in this one.

Shh...you're ruining the momentum, Neo's thrown down the gauntlet again... :p

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Suns (5:1)

Don't take those odds! I don't bet on sports, but for another reason I came across a site offering the Suns at 12:1 --

http://205.134.167.60/lines/lines.cgi?device=browser&site=sbcom2&sport=524

At 12:1 I have to admit I'm pretty tempted, but I think I'll still restrain myself. But the point is, if anyone wants to bet on the Suns for the title, at least get the best line you can.

(I have no affiliation with the site at that link.)

SactownSunsFan

Welcome to the Age of Ayton
Reaction score
elindholm said:
Suns (5:1)

Don't take those odds! I don't bet on sports, but for another reason I came across a site offering the Suns at 12:1 --

http://205.134.167.60/lines/lines.cgi?device=browser&site=sbcom2&sport=524

At 12:1 I have to admit I'm pretty tempted, but I think I'll still restrain myself. But the point is, if anyone wants to bet on the Suns for the title, at least get the best line you can.

(I have no affiliation with the site at that link.)

Sure you don't Elindholm! ;)

I'm sure glad that Vegas has us still up there with Miami and Detroit. If it were up to Hollinger I'm sure he'd have given us 20:1 odds. That guy is a real douche bag!

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Most of these guys don't do their homework. All they see is - "they lost two starters from their 62-20 team, that looks bad". I guess it's boring to write that things won't change much.

BTW, why do people think that adding two former Blazer backup players is the key to turning around the Kings? :confused:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake