Marcell Shipp!

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
The guy was running with passion and authority. He had a couple of good runs called back by penalty otherwise he would've had over 100.

I *heart* Marcel Shipp. Why doesn't Denny? :confused:

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Thank god, I thought you were gonna say he was out for the year too.

Phew

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
DeAnna said:
The guy was running with passion and authority. He had a couple of good runs called back by penalty otherwise he would've had over 100.

Denny does like him. He called him 'his type of player' and said a number of times how impressed he was with Shipp coming back after such a terrible injury. :thumbup:

jrjbritt

Registered
Reaction score
I love Shipp.. If I remenber right he only got 16 rushing attempts.. I think he need 20-25 touches a game .. he seems to get better as the game goes and our o-line played better this game too and will only get better in time.. I like Wakefield in at RT.. get more reps this week and then through the bye week.. so that is about 3-4 wks of reps with 1st time and will be some major improvement.. then Ross will be a back-up for this season or move him to RG and let Brown learn from him.. If Ross doesnt make a imporvement this season, he is gone bye next season.. to much money in a back-uip..

go Shipp/Cards....

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I had a dream that I was talking with Shipp while watching a volleyball game. It wasnt odd at the time that in my dream he was a white man in his 30's with grey hair. :p

I said "Have you been to ASFN?"

He said "Yes, its a great site, my favorite poster is jst. I like how he changes his avatar all the time"(again, I dont think jst does change his avatar but hey it was a dream!)

"im swd1974 on the board" I said in anticipation of him saying how great I am.

"oh" Is all he says. I then remember how I jumped on the JJ wagon after the draft and felt a little embarressed.

Then, the alarm went off. :(

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I think that Denny likes Shipp. It's just that he pretty much knows what he has in Marcell. He thinks that he knows what he has in JJ at gametime, but he just hasn't seen it. Hopefully we haven't either

RedRob

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Last night on Denny's radio show he indicated that part of the reason for splitting time with JJ was due to Marcel's injury. He said they were hesitant to put the whole load on Shipp until they knew his injury could with stand the abuse.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
DeAnna said:

Shipp is the best runner we have had in a while. We are dead in the water if he goes down.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have no problem with Denny giving Shipp some rest time during the game and putting Arrington in there. Denny is not going to give up on JJ but is smart enough to realize that at this time Shipp is the better back.