Marcus Camby for Amare Stoudemire?

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
Whatever you say Mike D.:rolleyes: Let's bring in more offense.

it's not about bringing in more offense in this case, it's that without amare we rely on diaw for ALL of our post-up offense if we only get ben wallace in return. we need to get a low post scorer and defender if we're getting rid of amare or else we had might as well be the bulls. i'm not sure about his defensive game, but i think Rasheed wallace might fit that criteria, but amare for sheed is definitely a trade that favors detroit.

cly2tw

Reaction score
Now I have watched the Magic and the Knicks games, I'm just perplexed how some fans can't see that Amare is best bigman fit for the Suns!??! If not for health concern, I wouldn't even trade him for Howard, not to mention Garnett. He is the most consistent threat on offense on the Suns even when he is not scoring many points, as in the Magic game.

OldDirtMcGirt

Reaction score
Now I have watched the Magic and the Knicks games, I'm just perplexed how some fans can't see that Amare is best bigman fit for the Suns!??! If not for health concern, I wouldn't even trade him for Howard, not to mention Garnett. He is the most consistent threat on offense on the Suns even when he is not scoring many points, as in the Magic game.

Because he can't play man on defense and we can replace most of his offensive production. Obviously with a player of Amare's ability we're not going to be able to replace everything. His explosion can be matched by few in the league (basically just Dwight Howard). However, he isn't a prolific rebounder, he can't play D, and picks up easy fouls. He also doesn't have much of a back to the basket game. Now his foul drawing ability will be missed, but this team is just spinning its wheels without a defensive presence down low.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Because he can't play man on defense and we can replace most of his offensive production. Obviously with a player of Amare's ability we're not going to be able to replace everything. His explosion can be matched by few in the league (basically just Dwight Howard). However, he isn't a prolific rebounder, he can't play D, and picks up easy fouls. He also doesn't have much of a back to the basket game. Now his foul drawing ability will be missed, but this team is just spinning its wheels without a defensive presence down low.

You think were spinning wheels now. Wait until you don't have a big man who can explode on the pick and roll. Wait until you don't have a big man that can hit a mid range jumper. Sorry but Amare is able to keep the other teams big men honest.

Getting a strictly defensive big man down low would be a huge blow to us offensively. Diaw was a one year wonder and proved that the Suns need a scoring big man to make this system work.

If you trade Amare, then trade Nash and Marion too and start over. Aside from trading Marion and someone else for a very good defender, you might as well just reboot.

OldDirtMcGirt

Reaction score
You think were spinning wheels now. Wait until you don't have a big man who can explode on the pick and roll. Wait until you don't have a big man that can hit a mid range jumper. Sorry but Amare is able to keep the other teams big men honest.

Getting a strictly defensive big man down low would be a huge blow to us offensively. Diaw was a one year wonder and proved that the Suns need a scoring big man to make this system work.

If you trade Amare, then trade Nash and Marion too and start over. Aside from trading Marion and someone else for a very good defender, you might as well just reboot.

Don't get me wrong here, I wasn't advocating an Amare-Camby swap. I full recognize that we need a reliable offensive option down low. Camby is too injury prone and isn't an elite man on defender. I don't think that "explosion on the pick and roll" is necessary, just as right now we're living without Amare having a well developed back to the basket game.

Not to try to derail the thread, but I'm totally in favor of Amare for Sheed/Maxiell/Johnson. Makes sense for both sides. We get a big guy who IMO is the best low post defender in the league besides Duncan (and he's by far the best guy in the league at defending TD), but he also has a great post game and range past Amare's. Sheed's a proven winner and brings toughness to the team. Maxiell would give us another banger down low, and Amir Johnson is a kid with a huge ceiling who could probably step in and replace Trix in the lineup next year.

cly2tw

Reaction score
Man, ODMG, I suggest that you register with Raptors Nation and watch the 3 recent games again and watch Amare's positioning and general court behavior closely. If you don't see what I see, namely that Amare is always doing the right thing on the offensive end and defensively he is at least adequate if his focus in onto the issue, then I have no words to convince you that there is no other bigman better suited for the Suns. When he is made a major focal point, the pivotal point next to Nash, the Suns offense is simply unstoppable. And this despite we had Bell and LB taking turns to have big off nights shooting, plus Nash too.

No, Garnett is far less of an offensive power than Amare is, not to mention the combination of Rasheed et al. And defensively, the main advantage of the others is that they are used to be focused on defense all the time, while Amare shirks in that department at times with the benefit of doubt that his conditioning is still not 100%, for now.

OP
OP
mojorizen7

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I've been leaning more towards moving Marion for Camby(If given the choice). I think Amare's low-post offense would be greatly missed. Camby could cover Amare's defensive weaknesses.
Hell, maybe even teach him a thing or two.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05