Marion guarding Parker again

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Big Baby Marion said:
"People don't understand sometimes that I'm the only one who probably has to go from one player to another during the sequence of the game or three players," said Marion, who was quiet offensively until an 11-point fourth quarter Sunday. "That means I've got to change my mentality or focus every time I switch to somebody else. That's more pressure. That's not easy for anybody. I'm trying to get that right and do everything else, too. Right now, all my focus is basically Tony."

Oy. I wish someone would send Marion to accounting and ask him to justify his salary.

"I have people skills, I tell ya! People skills!"

F-Dog

lurker
Reaction score
In Marion's defense, the screens the Spurs set are so low (one foot in the lane) that there's very little time to recover.

The Suns need to do a better job tonight mixing up their help.

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
Marion may not do that good on Parker, but we have no one who can guard Parker now. Banks might have had more success because of his speed, but I don't want to see him playing in a series like this. Marion is the best we got, Raja would get burned just as badly and Parker would score 40+ if Nash went on him.

joshtd1

Reaction score
I think people need to relax a little bit parker shot out of his mind in game one! He is not that high of % jump shooter, we need to get some hands in his face but its not like he is gonna shoot that % every night! And Duncan made some very tough contested shots as well. All that said if nash is in the game and we dont have the distraction of the whole nose event the last 3 minutes of the game or I think about 20 min actual time. we probally would have won that game. you really think horry and finley gonna team up for 30 a night? I dont think so, get game 2 and get one in SA and we are good to go!

You have a point about Horry/Fin, but do you really think that Manu will only be getting 9 points a game? We are going to need Manu to show up more if we want a chance to win, and if Fin is out, we need somthing from Barry