Marques Johnson on Fox Sports Radio

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
...said tonight that he thinks the Suns may not win another game in this series.

What the @(!^ is wrong with these people? Are they on drugs or what? The Suns should be up 2-0 right now and the Mavs are pretty lucky they aren't.

greensborohill

Registered
Reaction score
Absolute Zero said:
...said tonight that he thinks the Suns may not win another game in this series.

What the @(!^ is wrong with these people? Are they on drugs or what? The Suns should be up 2-0 right now and the Mavs are pretty lucky they aren't.

By the same token, shouldn't the Mavs be up 2-0? It's always funny when people say stuff like that. . . woulda, shoulda, coulda. The series is 1-1 and that's what the series is. If you really look at at there was no "luck" invloved in the Mavs game 2 win, they won by seven (but a comfortable 7) where as the Mavs funked up and basically choked away game 1.

tobiazz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I have to agree, gbh. Suns are pretty fortunate to be 1-1.

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
greensborohill said:
By the same token, shouldn't the Mavs be up 2-0? It's always funny when people say stuff like that. . . woulda, shoulda, coulda. The series is 1-1 and that's what the series is. If you really look at at there was no "luck" invloved in the Mavs game 2 win, they won by seven (but a comfortable 7) where as the Mavs funked up and basically choked away game 1.

It takes two teams to complete a "choke". The Suns won the game by outplaying the Mavs down the stretch.

Game 2 the Mavs made enough plays at the end, but I wouldn't call it a "comfortable 7." Then again, if you are really confident in the Mavs' ability to put teams away, especially the Suns, then that's your deal.

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
greensborohill said:

OMG are you freaking serious? Both games the Suns lead at half... last game the suns shot less than %40 the whole game and still had a chance late... without Raja in Dallas and the Suns are the lucky ones? You need your head examined.

thegrahamcrackr

Reaction score
Leading at half doesn't mean a thing. The Suns stole game 1 by staying in it and putting themselves in that position. They had the same opportunity in game 2 - but they couldn't keep the lead small enough. There were a couple key turnovers by the Suns that hurt them bad....

The Suns defintiely stole one. They probably should have lost both. But the thing is - they did what they had to do. They took home court advantage away from the Mavs (the biggest achievement a road team can hope to make). Now the Suns just need to lock it up and protect the home floor....

OP
OP
Z

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Folster said:
Marquis Daniels or Avery Johnson?

Marques Johnson, I think that is the former UCLA forward who came into the league at the same time as Walter Davis, was beat out for Rookie of the Year honors by Sweet D. I think he played for the Milwaukee Bucks.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually, I have to agree with the guy. I would hope that this series goes to 7 games, but the injury problems are just killing this team. Making matters worse is this rigorous playoff schedule that was a wearing the team down before Bell's injury.

I don't think Bell will be back, and without him it wouldn't surprise me at all if the Suns dropped the next two games. I think they'll put up a tough fight though.

Just to be clear, I think it's going to go to 6-7. It just wouldn't surprise me at all if the Mavericks took it in 5.

I keep hearing and reading people say, "just think about where this team would be with Amare Stoudemire." Sure, this team would be much better. They would probably be favored to take it all. However you don't even have to stretch your imagination that far. If they just have a healthy Kurt Thomas and Raja Bell they would be in great shape right now.

Joe

greensborohill

Registered
Reaction score
clif said:
OMG are you freaking serious? Both games the Suns lead at half... last game the suns shot less than %40 the whole game and still had a chance late... without Raja in Dallas and the Suns are the lucky ones? You need your head examined.
Last time I checked games were 4 quarters long, leading at half doesn't count for almost winning a game. And you need to re-examine your facts b/c the Suns shot 44% last game. And I never said the Suns were lucky, I said they stole a game that the Mavs choked away. But they never were close to winning game 2, where as the Mavs were up 7 with 2 minutes left in game one.

Thus the series is 1-1. . no luck invloved. But to say the Mavs are lucky is just wrong.

Nash 2x MVP

Reaction score
Last time I checked games were 4 quarters long, leading at half doesn't count for almost winning a game. And you need to re-examine your facts b/c the Suns shot 44% last game. And I never said the Suns were lucky, I said they stole a game that the Mavs choked away. But they never were close to winning game 2, where as the Mavs were up 7 with 2 minutes left in game one.

The SUNS did not steal game one they outplayed the mavs in the last 4min of the game.. The SUNS were up for about 2 1/2 quarters in the game they almost let it slipped away.. Not the other way around ...

CaptainInsano

Reaction score
If this team manages to best dallas without Amare, Kurt, AND Raja then that will really be an accomplishment. I really do not know how we will be able to beat dallas now. At least theres no chance of us getting sweeped.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
greensborohill said:

To say this you take away the great play of the Suns down the stretch in game #1. When does one team "choke" to lose the game versus when the other team plays well to win the game?

Diaw did not make a lucky or unopposed shot to win the game. It was a great move and shot by Diaw under pressure.

The Mavs played well to take a 9 point lead... the Suns played better down the stretch to get it back at the end. The Suns had to play well to even be in position to win the game. As I recall, Cotton Fitzsimmons used to say something to the effect, the key to winning on the road is to stay close so you have a chance to win in the 4th quarter. That's not luck or choke but a strategy.

What happens the rest of the series does not take away from a solid win by the Suns in game #1.

F-Dog

lurker
Reaction score
No question the Suns can lose the next three. All it would take is for Steve Nash to be the Nash of games 4, 5 and 6 of the Clippers series.

I get the feeling that Nash has a few rounds left in the chamber, though. :)

greensborohill

Registered
Reaction score
Nash 2x MVP said:
The SUNS did not steal game one they outplayed the mavs in the last 4min of the game.. The SUNS were up for about 2 1/2 quarters in the game they almost let it slipped away.. Not the other way around ...

6 on one hand 1/2 a dozen on the other, you guys won game 1 fair and square, regardless.