Maurice Clarett

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
I know this was discussed about 2 months ago or so, but with all of the talk of FA rb's and rb's in the draft, he seems to have been forgotten. With Denny's best player available draft philosophy, I think there's a pretty good chance we end up drafting him. There are so many good rb's in FA and the draft that he could possibly slip as far as the 4th round. If he does, I think Denny takes him. Thoughts?

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd take him in a heartbeat but he won't last past the first half of round 2. He's a complete back.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Skkorpion said:
I'd take him in a heartbeat but he won't last past the first half of round 2. He's a complete back.

He's also a complete headcase. He could last late into round 3.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Skkorpion said:

Hes a complete fatboy withno heart! Oh and like D-dogg said a headcase!

BigJoe

Rookie
Reaction score
I don't get why people think Clarett's a headcase.

Going all the way back to the original ESPN Mag article about him leaving school early, all he said was that it's hard not to look at the $100 million contract that McNabb had just signed and not want some of it. Quite frankly, I can't disagree with that. He never said he planned on leaving early, it just got spun that way because of his honest answer to a question.

In the more recent article where he aired out some of the Buckeyes' dirty laundry, he may have been a little naive in terms of the feedback he expected to get. However, even the AD admitted that there was probably some truth in what he said. So if you believe what he said that he lied to protect the program, then he was misguided, but at least showed some integrity in trying to take the heat for the team. If you don't believe that he lied to protect the team and was just looking out for himself, I ask what you think there was to gain from it? The groundwork was already there for him to challenge to leave early anyway.

All he did was take some cash and get some free rental cars. It's not like he was beating his girlfriend or selling drugs. Granted, I don't look lightly on academic fraud or falsifying police reports. However, I don't think there are many people, NFL'ers or not, who want all of the mistakes they made as 18 and 19 year old kids documented on ESPN for eternity. The kid was an absolute stud as a true freshman in the Big 10. He can play ball. Is he guilty of listening to some bad advice? Yes. I don't see what any of this has to do with his ability to carry the rock for the Cardinals and, like Skkorp, I doubt he'll last past the second round and I'd be glad to see the Cards pick him up there.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05