Maybe we should thank the Chiefs and Bears

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Not getting Colvin really hurt but maybe the Chiefs and the Bears have saved the Cardinals from themselves and the large amount of money they have right now. In retospective, Jeff Blake is a much better QB than Stewart and one has to only look at the twos careers to see that. Stewart was just a AFC clone of Jake with more running speed. I wish Jake well but I don't see him finding the great success the typical Cardinal bashing press wants to now atribute to him.

Holliday is a sold DE but the contract the Cardinals offered him was insane. It hasn't been exactly a great free-agency so far for a pass rushing DE other than Hugh Douglas, and in a five year look- Holliday signed under those conditions would have been plain... well stupid.

Yes, we need DE help but we all have been guilty of seeing Holliday in a way potential Superbowl contenders who are one player away would react and this over a slightly above average player.

Does anyone see it this way? I now say the Holliday musical chair game is done and our future ( the next three seasons) cap space wasn't compromised and we also won't hear the Kordell jokes that will now find their way to Chicago about mid-season.

Maybe we should say thank you to the Chiefs and Bears?

Cardforlife

Veteran
Reaction score
I totally agree besides this still leaves us with a great dealof cap room and we know that come June 1 there will be a surprize cut! And we can then no pun intended swoop in and grab that player.

TXCardinalsFan

Feeling no pain
Reaction score
BINGO!

Well, wouldn't it be great if we ended up with both JJ Stokes and Tai Streets after June 1? The money we have available could easily do that! Also, a shot at Suggs could be reasonable. But Bryant will start making an impact (now that he cannot hold out of the entire training camp and minicamps) and KVB will always have his motor running. Our D may still be a weakness, but maybe we will avoid injuries this season to both the offense and defense.

Also, all the Emmitt signing while we have Shipp and Anderson.....And well, Jones too is bugging me. Yeah, Smith is a little old and Shipp really did well last year. But one thing comes to mind as I see this. The Broncos. They had three good running backs and everyone pointed this out to Shannahan. Then one by one, injuries came up. Well, I'd much rather have depth at RB as in any other place on the roster. Am I totally out to lunch on this one or what?

seesred

Reaction score
I would have liked to see Holiday in Card red, that being said with Graves and Mac working hard and looking seriosly at all angles somethings good will fall our way. Maybe Seau, Maybe Streets whom knows but it will be exciting. Something new is in the air and it's called good football by the Cardinals year after year.

GBR

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We're better off with Blake, but not signing Holliday hurts. Thank you Bears, F you Chefs.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
To quote the character played by Sam Elliott in The Big Lebowski -

"Some days you eat the bahr...and some days it eats you."

Rod Graves cautioned us to view free agency in much the same way - win a few/lose a few - and then move onward.