Mayock on the RBs in the draft

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the Cards will look for somebody that can pressure the qb from the olb spot. Someone who can be groomed to take over for Berry (if he is here) or Okeafor. If we lose Pace we will definitely take an olb like Harvey.
The more things seem to be shaping up I see us going for a rb in the second round.
Smith, Charles, Rice, Forte now appear they will be available when we are up in round 2.

I don't think Mcfadden drops to us. Rumors of the Cowboys wanting him seem to be surfacing. I can see them trading up to get him if he gets past 8 or 9 teams. I don't see him getting by the Jets and the Bears.

DaisyCutter

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I don't think Mcfadden drops to us. Rumors of the Cowboys wanting him seem to be surfacing. I can see them trading up to get him if he gets past 8 or 9 teams. I don't see him getting by the Jets and the Bears.

:confused: The Jets just gave up a 2nd round pick (and a new contract) for Thomas Jones. I don't think they're investing in another RB. The Bears are still on the hook for Cedric Benson. Neither of those teams are going to be looking at RBs. The Jets are a good landing spot for Vernon Gholston, and the Bears may be looking for a QB or may draft Dan Connor.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:confused: The Jets just gave up a 2nd round pick (and a new contract) for Thomas Jones. I don't think they're investing in another RB. The Bears are still on the hook for Cedric Benson. Neither of those teams are going to be looking at RBs. The Jets are a good landing spot for Vernon Gholston, and the Bears may be looking for a QB or may draft Dan Connor.

Trust me. Living in Chicago I can tell you the Bears and their fans would be willing to buy Benson a 1 way ticket to anywhere. The Bears have always been known for great running backs. I'm just saying that if McFadden is there when the Bears pick, I just don't see them passing on him. JMHO.

DaisyCutter

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Trust me. Living in Chicago I can tell you the Bears and their fans would be willing to buy Benson a 1 way ticket to anywhere. The Bears have always been known for great running backs. I'm just saying that if McFadden is there when the Bears pick, I just don't see them passing on him. JMHO.

Oh, I'm sure that Bears fans can't wait to end the Cedric Benson era. I bet that most of them didn't want Thomas Jones to leave--although they were happy with the deal they got for him. But I think that the Bears front office who has been persistent in resisting fan sentiment (Remember Rex Grossman, starting quarterback?) is going to give Benson one more chance.

They may take a running back in the first three rounds, but I don't think they're going to take one in the top 10. Frankly, I think they're a likely candidate to trade down, since Angelo hates drafting early, and would much rather take two dimes instead of a quarter.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh, I'm sure that Bears fans can't wait to end the Cedric Benson era. I bet that most of them didn't want Thomas Jones to leave--although they were happy with the deal they got for him. But I think that the Bears front office who has been persistent in resisting fan sentiment (Remember Rex Grossman, starting quarterback?) is going to give Benson one more chance.

They may take a running back in the first three rounds, but I don't think they're going to take one in the top 10. Frankly, I think they're a likely candidate to trade down, since Angelo hates drafting early, and would much rather take two dimes instead of a quarter.

Them trading down would not shock me one
bit.

HookemCards

Have at you!!!!!
Reaction score
Did he really just say he didn't see any back being taken in the 2nd round? If it would be possible to get Charles in the 3rd, I'd be estatic. Merling, Cason, Charles, Hills would be awesome first 4 rounds.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05