McQuarters again

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ESPN Insider says the Bears will trade him for a 7th rounder, if nobody offers, they will ultimately cut him. He makes 3 million so presumably teams would wait for him to be cut unless they can work out a restructure.

Never been a big fan of his but with 2 rookie CB's might he be worth bringing in for CB insurance? My problem with him is he always seemed too hands on and I would suspect the way they call contact now he's probably at a huge disadvantage.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
joeshmo said:
If cut, Yes.

If trade, No.

agree - he could be a nice JUne 1st pick-up - okay CB -can always use OK CBs - especially with rookies manning the position.

spanky1

Reaction score
Russ,

......but with two rookie CB's, he might be insurance..........

Do people forget that we have Tate and Walls as two very capable veterans that can backfill as appropriate?

McQuarters is no frigin help to us....

We will not be adding players between now and TC......

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
spanky1 said:
Russ,

Do people forget that we have Tate and Walls as two very capable veterans that can backfill as appropriate?

"two very capable veterans" . . . ? capable of what?!? relying on them is idiotic. mcquarters is a much better corner than either of them. if we could sign him to a reasonable contract he'd be much help. and he does still return kicks.

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
spanky1 said:
Russ,

I'm sure they can backfill that's probably what they've done for years as a real job. McQuarters is a MUCH better player than either Tate and Walls, we've got the caproom, if we can wait until he's cut he'll be cheaper and I'd say worth a look.

Ask yourself this question Nov 13th we play the Lions, Macklin is out with a twisted ankle, do you really want to line up Rolle, Green and Tate against their 3 Wr's or would you prefer a guy like McQuarters who's actually a PLAYING veteran as opposed to a guy who's basically a special teamer?

Rocco

All Star
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
I'm sure they can backfill that's probably what they've done for years as a real job. McQuarters is a MUCH better player than either Tate and Walls, we've got the caproom, if we can wait until he's cut he'll be cheaper and I'd say worth a look.

Ask yourself this question Nov 13th we play the Lions, Macklin is out with a twisted ankle, do you really want to line up Rolle, Green and Tate against their 3 Wr's or would you prefer a guy like McQuarters who's actually a PLAYING veteran as opposed to a guy who's basically a special teamer?

Yup, we got by last year with basically 3 corners. We may not be so lucky this year. We could really use a vet who can step in and play more than the nickle if need be.

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rocco said:
Yup, we got by last year with basically 3 corners. We may not be so lucky this year. We could really use a vet who can step in and play more than the nickle if need be.

yep, hell forget Detroit, last game of the season let's say we need to beat the Colts to clinch home field for the first playoff game, they're playing their starters(need home field). If one of our top 3 CB's is injured does anybody actually think Tate or Walls can cover Stokely the way a vet like McQuarters can? Not saying he's Deion in his prime, just CB is a trial and error position and a vet who's actually played a lot has value.

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
McQuaters sucks, he bites on every route and doesn't have a great recovery. He was lucky he had Mike Brown playing behind him (when he wasn't injured). I would much rather have Bobby Taylor or my boy Dewayne Washington.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan