Mel Kiper's Three-round Mock

MastersofCombat

Basketball Junkie
Reaction score
I would be ok with that but let me say if Hagan was still there in the 4th you have to take him.. too many injuries at wr over the years and wow this guy is seriously being overlooked.

MastersofCombat

Basketball Junkie
Reaction score
I read where Jay Cutler throws the ball 55mph how can oakland seriously not consider this guy. On top of his workout numbers etc etc etc

CardsFan222

Rookie
Reaction score
en fuego said:
Question:

Lets assume the first nine go this way-- and the Cards dont like Cutler. Minnesota is supposedly in love with Cutler -- would you trade down to #17 for Minn's 2nd round pick (#48 overall). Its within 30 points (favoring AZ) on the trade chart-- so the Cards may have to throw in a 2nd day pick.

Still on the board is Justice, Ngata, Sims, Greenway and Jimmy Williams (five players but seven spots to go) -- so the Cards are taking the risk that that the move could be 2003 all over again --

I am all for this. This draft is so deep in the second and third that any picks you add is good to me:thumbup:

War Birds

Veteran
Reaction score
i would be so happy if we got derek hagan in the fourth round.... i feel that he would be a great posession reciever and a tremendous bargain... it seems to me like his is gonna be an anquan boldin type (get drafted behind a lot of players he is better than).... i know that o-line is a priority on this team but i remember the time when not having any wide recievers was an extreme buzz kill (i.e. kevin kasper (althought at times he got the job done), brian gilmore) if derek hagan was available in the 4th and we didnt draft him i would punch myself in the nose... with guys like fitz and boldin to mold this guy and with mccoy and BJ lurking in the background along with newly signed az-zahir hakim things could be incredible... sorry i got a little carried away its just that after last season and our extremely superior WR core i am addicted....damn you denny

Tashunca

Registered
Reaction score
There is no way..NO WAY that Omar Jacobs is going to be the 133rd pick in the draft. He will be the 4th or 5th QB chosen

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
kerouac9 said:
Yeah, but did any of those other schools get beat by UC Davis?

:goags:

they didn't play them :D

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With the way that 1-9 shaked out, I would want Justice, Ngata, then J. Williams all before Cutler. Lets take a flier on a QBofF in the 3rd or 4th.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
dreamcastrocks said:
With the way that 1-9 shaked out, I would want Justice, Ngata, then J. Williams all before Cutler. Lets take a flier on a QBofF in the 3rd or 4th.

Glad Denny's drafting instead of you. Pretty sure he has Cutler ahead of Williams and Ngata, or I hope he does. Not sure about Justice, but IMO Denny has Cutler rated pretty high.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
kerouac9 said:
Is that based on anything more than the fact that you like Cutler?

Well, first I said IMO, which means it is conjecture only. Mostly a feeling that I have, that Denny sees raw talent there and will bet that he can develop that talent. Whether or not that's actually the case is certainly debatable. No need to attack me for stating an opinion and clearly labelling it as such.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
dreamcastrocks said:

At 10 probobly Cutler would be the only one worth that pick, maybe Justice. If you don't pick one of those two avil. or someone of the top 8 slide - you have to trade down - rather than reach for Williams. You have to remember who is drafting right after us. If they want to take Williams and Ngata that high let em.

Last edited:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I disagree. No one is questioning William's on the field talent/production, it is his character issues that are making him slide. Without the bowl incident, I believe that Jimmy would be a top 10 pick.

I am not saying that we should draft him, or that he has a better upside than Cutler lets say, but there were a lot of players that slid because of character issues and have turned out much better than hoped for. Denny Green saw that in Randy Moss, and no one says that it was a bad pick.

If Green sees Williams as a top talent, worth a top 10 pick, who am I to judge?

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
dreamcastrocks said:
If Green sees Williams as a top talent, worth a top 10 pick, who am I to judge?

He'd be one of the only ones IMO. There is no real fall off between him and guys like Allen, Whitner & Simpson. If QB and OT are there you go that route.
Or you trade down.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WildBB said:
He'd be one of the only ones IMO. There is no real fall off between him and guys like Allen, Whitner & Simpson. If QB and OT are there you go that route.
Or you trade down.

Disagree again. Williams was rated as high, or higher than Huff in a lot of areas before the bowl incident and his poor interviews.

If the board went the way that Mel suggested, we only get 1 pick, and I would pick Justice. I would also take a long look and Williams and Ngata as well as Cutler.

Rats

Somanyfreaks,SofewCircus'
Reaction score
dreamcastrocks said:
Disagree again. Williams was rated as high, or higher than Huff in a lot of areas before the bowl incident and his poor interviews.

If the board went the way that Mel suggested, we only get 1 pick, and I would pick Justice. I would also take a long look and Williams and Ngata as well as Cutler.
I agree with you that we should look for the QBOF in the later rounds. Omar Jacobs would be the guy I would like in the 3rd or 4th. Ngata or Justice makes more sense than Cutler with other questionable Qbs available later. Cutler is not head and shoulders above the next 3 guys.:thumbup:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05