Memo to Shane Boyd

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL. And some of you wanted to let go of Warner and let him become the number two. I told you he wasn't that good. His job is to help teach the system. Aside of that, he's not worth much.

I never said he should be cut. I said that he should have taken a paycut.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah Boyd sucks sure he can run ok with the ball but anytime he threw it you just feel like its going to get picked off... If he hopes to make the team it sure as hell wont be at qb

SASpursfan

Veteran
Reaction score
I was a bit dissapointed that the Cards did not get Korrodi into the game. However, I feel that they will alternate playing Boyd and Korrodi in preseason games. I am excited to see how he performs. He is a big quarterbaack with lots of arm strength and accuracy. In HS he completed about 67% of his passes and made avg. receivers and TE's become all-city and all-state players. However, they had time to develop and learn each others tendecies which he may not have had the chance to with the Cards offensive players. I think he can beat out Boyd for the 3rd string position, if given a fair chance.
I will follow the Cards games to see if he can make the squad. I think he can be a very good quarter back in the NFL. IN HS and college he has made his offensive teams better than they were on paper.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
I tried to tell you guys Boyd sucked months ago!!!! He threw more ints in NFLE the Td's. He pretty much did the same in college.
They should keep him just to run in goal line packages, heck, I'd even consider making him a punt returner. As far as decision making, he sucks...However, he is a rook and it was his 1st pro game....

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They should keep him just to run in goal line packages, heck, I'd even consider making him a punt returner. As far as decision making, he sucks...However, he is a rook and it was his 1st pro game....

No it wasn't. In fact, he even played most of the Steelers game when they were here last preseason. That's when Mitch fell in love with him.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah Boyd sucks sure he can run ok with the ball but anytime he threw it you just feel like its going to get picked off... If he hopes to make the team it sure as hell wont be at qb

yep. I everyone in that ball park knew exactly where he was going with the ball. Talk about telegraphing!

:pullhair:

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
yep. I everyone in that ball park knew exactly where he was going with the ball. Talk about telegraphing!

:pullhair:

are you talking about Boyd or Josh McCown :D ? You guys need to relax. Boyd will not have an impact on the Cards record whatsoever this year. Doing my Iverson impersonation, you're talking about the 3rd string QB. If Leinart and Warner go down then the season's overwith anyway. At least the Cards need 2 QB's to go down to ruin their season. Look at the Colts if Manning goes down. They have Jim Sorgi and Navarre.

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
are you talking about Boyd or Josh McCown :D ? You guys need to relax. Boyd will not have an impact on the Cards record whatsoever this year. Doing my Iverson impersonation, you're talking about the 3rd string QB. If Leinart and Warner go down then the season's overwith anyway. At least the Cards need 2 QB's to go down to ruin their season. Look at the Colts if Manning goes down. They have Jim Sorgi and Navarre.

so true

Any NFL team that has to rely on its 3rd QB for any stretch of time can pretty much count on losing at least 80% of those games.

On a different note, come draft time, when analysts gush over how strong an arm some QB prospect has, pop in the tape of Shane Boyd and observe how overrated a strong arm can be.

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

If Boyd has shown to be useless at every single level that he's played since high school, then why should the Card keep him on the roster? Surely the #3 QB has some value, right? Otherwise, why would 80% of NFL teams carry one? Shouldn't we wish that the organization possessed a #3 quarterback who at least had some hope of one day developing into a quality #2 QB?

I think that's part of what we're saying here.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I just watched the whole game on DVR, because out here we didn't get it live, and i don't think Boyd looked all that horrible.I'm not saying he looked great but ,on the int, Whiz said he sent in the wrong play,McCoy dropped a sure TD,Patrick never looked on one pass, dropped another, and someone else had a drop. Boyd did hold the ball too long but i just didn't see a guy who looked lost out there and has no chance for improvement. I've seen alot worse guys back there. In fact, i think Culpepper was shaky,as was McCown.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05