Mike Jurecki regarding draft

cardinalsfan

Veteran
Reaction score
Just heard the show for a couple of minutes but here is what I gathered

• Cardinals really like Fisher
  • If they're able to get an OT, they would than move Levi to RT and Massie to G
  • Could possibly go with pass rusher in 1st round depending who is there
  • Dion Jordan is a player they like
  • In the first three rounds they expect to select an OL, OLB, S (safety probably not being in the first two rounds)

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
No offense, but I wouldn't take anything Jurecki says too seriously..

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I think you have to listen really carefully to what Jurecki says. He tends to blend his reporting together with his speculation.

I'd guess that Jurecki believes the Cards would move Massie inside to G if they draft an OT, but I'd be surprised if that's what the Cards actually did. If only because kicking Massie inside to guard probably won't work.

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
I think we will have to trade up to get Fisher. I don't think there is anyway Fisher gets by Detroit.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
I think you have to listen really carefully to what Jurecki says. He tends to blend his reporting together with his speculation.

I'd guess that Jurecki believes the Cards would move Massie inside to G if they draft an OT, but I'd be surprised if that's what the Cards actually did. If only because kicking Massie inside to guard probably won't work.

The massie to guard thing has come from Keim I read on twitter from Somers or urban that he believes Massie and Potter can play G.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Star Lotuleili & Geno Smith are the absolute Keys to getting Fischer. Star has to go in the top 6, and the Eagles have to take Geno (IMO)

1 - Joeckel
2 - Jordan or Floyd
3 - Floyd or Star
4 - Geno
5 - Milliner or Ansah
6 - Millner or Ansah
7 - Fischer.

That is what will have to happen to get EF IMO. I can't see anyone else with a shot to be drafted that high.

OP
OP
C

cardinalsfan

Veteran
Reaction score
Arians said that Potter and Massie could move to guard. With that mention it has to be something they are considering once they have their players set. The rest of everything else he said is logical. He is the best source of information regarding inside information that we have as cardinal fans.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score

Maybe it is their unbelievably horrible secondary?
Or Maybe the fact that they are in a division with Jennings (MIN), Marshall (CHI), and the Rodgers led Packers?

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe it is their unbelievably horrible secondary?
Or Maybe the fact that they are in a division with Jennings (MIN), Marshall (CHI), and the Rodgers led Packers?

Or maybe you could say Jeff Backus retired and they have no legitimet starting caliber LT to protect their franchise QBs blind side.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone who talks about the draft...he has been the named linked most to DET

wierd you say "anyone" on NFL networks path to the draft today all 3 experts stated they felt Fisher is the clear cut choice for Detroit.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
if you google Dee milliner to Detroit there is a whole first page of articles taking him. Those same experts on NFLN have lane Johnson going to philly and geno going to buffalo.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
if you google Dee milliner to Detroit there is a whole first page of articles taking him. Those same experts on NFLN have lane Johnson going to philly and geno going to buffalo.

That funny because if you google "detroit lions eric fisher" you get a whole front page on that.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
It has been around for a while now guys. A ton of people are talking about the draft.

Kiper has Millner going to Detroit in his latest mock. And Kiper thinks they take the CB over Fischer.
McShay has them taking Fisher.

I think their needs are very clear. CB or OL.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
It has been around for a while now guys. A ton of people are talking about the draft.

Kiper has Millner going to Detroit in his latest mock. And Kiper thinks they take the CB over Fischer.
McShay has them taking Fisher.

I think their needs are very clear. CB or OL.

And Kiper has us drafting Fischer. Hope it happens.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
That funny because if you google "detroit lions eric fisher" you get a whole front page on that.

I could be wrong but I have seen more mocks of them taking milliner. I believe he will be their pick it could be argued milliner is the best player in the draft.

bg7brd

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The Chargers and Dolphins are 2 teams looking for a LT that could trade up with the Browns. That possibility becomes even more likely if Fisher is on the board. There's a possibility that all 3 tackles are gone before we pick.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
The Chargers and Dolphins are 2 teams looking for a LT that could trade up with the Browns. That possibility becomes even more likely if Fisher is on the board. There's a possibility that all 3 tackles are gone before we pick.

If Joeckel & Fischer are gone, I would love to trade back with San Diego so they can get Lane Johnson. We should still be able to get Warmack or Cooper IMO. And maybe pick up another #2 for our troubles.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
What I believe:
(1) The Cards like Eric Fisher
(2) The Cards like Dion Jordan
(3) The Cards would like to walk away from the first two days of the draft with prospects secured on the offensive line, safety, and rush linebacker

What I don't believe:
(1) The Cards would play Bobbie Massie at OG

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score

Definitely not likely. Then we'd take Warmack (need), Dion Jordan or E. Anzah according to OP.

We have a good array of choices there.

Unless Fisher is there and their not quite sold on Lane Johnson, I wouldn't mind trading down a bit either.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
(3) The Cards would like to walk away from the first two days of the draft with prospects secured on the offensive line, safety, and rush linebacker

I can buy that. BA has also said he wants to add DL depth, speed WR and possibly another RB for depth in this draft.

And personally I think they need another TE and possibly a C. Then if you throw in a QB that drops - That's 9 positions and 7 picks. Need a trade down at least once. :D

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Random comments:

- Has Shariff Floyd fallen off the radar? Cooper?

- Joeckel, Jordan and Lotoleilei seem to be sure bets to be drafted before us.

- 2 wildcards seem to be Milliner and Geno. I'd be surprised if no one grabbed the top-rated corner.

- Let's sssume that 4 of those 6 (Joeckel, Jordan, Lotoleilei and either Milliner or Geno) are drafted by #7. That leaves Fisher, Johnson and Warmack still on the board. I think it's 80% we grab one of them.

Attempts to trade into the top 6 figure to be to grab Jordan, Geno or Milliner - and not the OL's (There are too many good ones - including Cooper and Fluker who could be drafted after #7).

Last edited:

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
What I believe:
(1) The Cards like Eric Fisher
(2) The Cards like Dion Jordan

What I don't believe:
(1) The Cards would play Bobbie Massie at OG
I agree, the last two people I see moving to guard are Massie and Potter. Imo Brown would be the best option to move inside.