RIP Al McCoy

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I’m crying right now. The memories my late father and I have listening to him on the radio and watching games on KUTP will forever be with me. I remember meeting him in 2005 at Staples center and telling him about it.

I’m so sad

carrrnuttt

Didactic
Reaction score
God*******dammit.

R.I.P. Al.

My wish was you see the Suns win one before you go.

I guess now you get to see it from wherever you are.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
He lived next door to my aunt and uncle and was just a consummate gentleman. After all these years as part of the Suns family, Al was the best of us. We can only aspire to reach the heights of such a man.

RIP SHAZAM

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My favorite announcer in any sport.

Very sad to know he is gone, he had a great run though. Lived 91 years and spent much of it doing a job he loved. We should all be so lucky.

Shazam, Al.

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Gerald Bourguet

@GeraldBourguet
·
52m

Al McCoy's family statement: "As a father, he taught us the value of respect, loyalty, hard work and love - both on and off the court. His passion, dedication and kindness touched countless lives, and while he may be gone, the impact he made will be felt for generations to co

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score

PHNX Suns

@PHNX_Suns
·
54m

Charles Barkley statement on Al McCoy's passing: “This is a sad day for the Suns and the Suns family. Al McCoy represented everything that is great about Phoenix, the Phoenix Suns and people who love basketball. I was blessed and honored to work with Al and I’m gonna miss him."

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rest in Peace to a true legend who brought Suns basketball to life over the microphone.

Al McCoy you will be greatly missed. It's a sad day, especially for Suns fans.