Mike Sherman 2nd Interview Thread

DKCards

Reaction score
KTAR just reported that Ken Whisenhunt will receive a 2nd interview also

Last edited:

SeaChicken

The Other Bird
Reaction score
"We may end up being wrong here. We're still contending that we're right but if we end up being wrong, we already knew that we might be. Therefore, if we're wrong about being right, we'll still be right about being wrong... and that's alright, right?"

PFT is a joke. A bad joke at that.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's just so shocking that a webpage entitled the "RUMORMILL" has been wrong! :nono:

Why don't they verify a story first! (Oh wait, then it wouldn't be a "rumor", it'd be a "newsmill"!)

OP
OP
BullheadCardFan

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mixed Signals From 'zona

POSTED 3:22 p.m. EST; UPDATED 3:51 p.m. EST, January 11, 2007

MIXED SIGNALS FROM 'ZONA

In our effort to confirm that Mike Sherman is/will be the next head coach of the Cardinals, we've learned that, technically, the team is still interviewing candidates.

But we've also learned that the players generally believe that Sherman is getting the job.

And since several players were involved in the process, it's safe to say that they know what they're talking about on this one.

So ignore any lingering smoke and mirrors. Sherman is getting the job.

----------------------------------------------------------------------​

I know its only PFT, but they must know something .... Sherman is the last of my choices and I will voice now that I am against this hire if it goes through ... but I will be happy to eat my words later this year ...​

AzWins23

Reaction score
Mike Sherman leaving town without an offer

Mike Sherman leaving town without an offer, I got a text message from AzCentral.com!!!

YES!!!!!!

AzWins23

Reaction score
Cards, Sherman: No deal yet
Former Packers head coach to leave Valley tonight

Kent Somers
The Arizona Republic
Jan. 11, 2007

advertisement

Former Packers coach Mike Sherman is expected to leave the Valley tonight without an offer to coach the Cardinals, according to NFL sources.

Sherman interviewed with team officials for a second time Thursday, and there were reports that he had been offered the job. Several sources close to the process, however, said that was not the case, although Sherman remains a viable candidate for the job.

Sherman was scheduled tonight to return to Houston, where he is the Texans assistant head coach.

The Cardinals, meanwhile, plan to talk to other candidates on their short list.

Sherman was the first candidate to receive a second interview with the Cardinals, who announced Wednesday they had narrowed a field of eight candidates.

They wouldn’t reveal how many coaches were in the final group or their identities.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
THANK YOU GOD!!!!!!!!

Please let this be a one way flight bak to H-Town and his bottom-5 Offense!!!!

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No offer!

:fans: :band: :thewave:

Please tell me Chow is still on the short list.

Titan fans had already breathed a sigh of relief...now they can hold their breath again.

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
In fairness to Mike Sherman, he's a very solid candidate. But...with Norm Chow out there, it's hard not to love his familiarity with Matt Leinart, who is the absolute key to the Cardinals' Super Bowl chances.

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
In fairness to Mike Sherman, he's a very solid candidate. But...with Norm Chow out there, it's hard not to love his familiarity with Matt Leinart, who is the absolute key to the Cardinals' Super Bowl chances.

the "short list" may change after the weekend....here is something really crazy to think about....MAYBE the fact that the killer b's/graves insisted on CP and Mike wanted Bates as coach it became an issue...Bates takes Asst job with Broncos knowing that he was not going to move to Phoenix with Mike???

Crazy??? G-Men dumped their DC....I guess that was part of the deal in Couglin staying around.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Good news. I'm not against Sherman but feel it is important to have more than one candidate on the short list for interviews. If there are 3 on the short list which is what has been reported then all three should be interviewed before a decision is reached.