Mike Williams

jrjbritt

Registered
Reaction score
lets say that Mike is ruled ineligible for this years draft and not allowed in the supplemental either.. He will have to wait around for another year to get in the draft.
1. would he be aqble to peitition the NCAA to restore his eliegiability so he can go back to USC for another year.. ( my thinking is that we would have had to stay if the first ruling wasnt pro-Clarett and the NFl calling Mike asking him if he is coming out, giving him that option.) if this all didnt happen, Mike would not have had that option and thus would still be at USC.

2. or is he going to have to just train and prepard for nex years draft on his own and will it hurt his draft prospect?

I would love the NCAA rule in favor of Williams and let him go back to USC for one more year.

any other opinions???? GO Cards

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He made a poor choice and was given poor advice. He knew that the Clarrett case was going to be appealed and that it wasnt a dead issue, yet he still decided to hire an agent endangering his college eligibility.

Shame on him. Regardless of what becomes of this I have ZERO sympathy for him!

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
Shane H said:
He made a poor choice and was given poor advice.
The advise was given by the NFL!!!! You could argue that Clarett brought this on himself, but Williams just followed the rules.
Williams will be in the supplemental draft - 100%.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BACH said:
The advise was given by the NFL!!!! You could argue that Clarett brought this on himself, but Williams just followed the rules.
Williams will be in the supplemental draft - 100%.

No he didnt listen to the NFL. He asked the NFL if because of the Clarrett situation(which was being appealed) could he enter the draft. The NFL told him he was eligible due to the current leagal ruling. Thats what theyare required to do.

He then made the silly decision to enter knowing full well it could be overturned.

If the courts rule in favor of the NFL he wont be in the supplemental either!

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cbus cardsfan said:
He could lead the Arena league in receiving.

Yeah, but could Clarett lead it in rushing?

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ajcardfan said:
Yeah, but could Clarett lead it in rushing?

Nope! He would bust in taht league too :p