Mock Draft (Well at least top 9)

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
George, I still say it is going to take more than the #7 pick in this draft to unload Howard Eiseley.

Joe Mama

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I found the following in an article on AZCentral today.

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/0527suns0527.html

At the seventh pick, the early candidates are Arizona swingman Andre Iguodala, Wisconsin point guard Devin Harris, Connecticut point guard Ben Gordon, Stanford swingman Josh Childress, Lithuanian center Martynas Andriuskevicius, Latvian power forward Andris Biedrins and Oak Hill Academy swingman Josh Smith

Joe Mama

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
I think Martynas is a smoke screen.

Last year the Suns joked how everyone knew they wanted Zarko.

Maybe this season they are speculating that every team will assume Martynas is their guy due to those rumors so their guy falls to them.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
You could well be right, slinslin. But two years ago, rumors started circulating that the Suns had made a promise to Stoudemire -- who wasn't projected as high as #9 in most mock drafts -- which the Suns denied. And, well, we know what happened there.

It seems to me that the Suns aren't very good at keeping their secrets.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That may be true, but I still don't believe the Phoenix Suns actually promised Amare Stoudemire or Cabarkapa until after they had worked each of them out. They certainly didn't make any promises before the draft lottery. That's ridiculous.

George, I'm not sure why you are still convinced that there's no way Biedrinis is going to make it to #7. Chad Ford for example has him dropping past the Phoenix Suns to #8.

I do think there is a very good chance that trades are going to mess up all of these mock drafts. It wouldn't surprise me if there is a lot of movement on draft day.

Joe Mama

PhxGametime

Formerly Bball_31
Reaction score
Josh Childress is the 1 player listed I'm not as high on - 2 of the games I believe I have on tape he had just came back from injury though but the other players mentioned I like...

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just have to say that this is essentially the same list I posted the other day. I'm not sure I had Josh Childress on their though.

Of course since then I've also said that I would not be upset if they took JR Smith or Jameer Nelson, so I guess I just named everybody who would likely be available. :)

Joe Mama

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
I would like

Gordon
Livingston
Josh Smith
Iguodala

JR Smith is off of my radar with his reported poor workouts, Luke Jackson outreaching him in a leaping contest and a quote like
"Playing against college guys that's tough".

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
At this point my short list would be:

Gordon
Harris
Biedrinis
Iguodala
I could handle Josh Smith as well.

Joe Mama

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
In another thread I reprinted an article in the Washington Post saying they are interested in Childress if Deng is not available. If Childress goes in the top six, then it is very likely Biedrins falls to the Suns.

I think the idea of Atlanta trading with the Clippers seems almost a dead certainly. I can certainly imagine a deal like the following:

Clippers give:

Howard
Jaric
Ely

Hawks give

Jason Terry
Ben Gordon (or whoever they draft)

The salaries don't match, but both teams will be under the cap after July 1. The Clips may have to throw in a future pick.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
George O'Brien said:
In another thread I reprinted an article in the Washington Post saying they are interested in Childress if Deng is not available. If Childress goes in the top six, then it is very likely Biedrins falls to the Suns.

I think the idea of Atlanta trading with the Clippers seems almost a dead certainly. I can certainly imagine a deal like the following:

Clippers give:

Howard
Jaric
Ely

Hawks give

Jason Terry
Ben Gordon (or whoever they draft)

The salaries don't match, but both teams will be under the cap after July 1. The Clips may have to throw in a future pick.

why in the world with the Clippers want both Jason Terry and Ben Gordon? Drobjnak in the #2 for #5 & #17 makes much more sense to me.

Joe Mama

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Why not just Terry for the #2 straight up? The Hawks can draft a PG with the #6 pick or hang onto Sura. They don't really want Terry anyway, but he could work out well in Los Angeles.

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I can see Terry being very successful with the Clippers, even though he is a combo guard. Maybe Terry for the #2 straight up would work for both also. Only problem is that it takes the Clippers out of the Kobe race. :rolleyes:

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
It may be that the Clippers don't consistently overrate all young players with "potential."

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
elindholm said:
It may be that the Clippers don't consistently overrate all young players with "potential."

I don't know. I wouldn't be excited about Jason Terry, especially at around $7 million per year.

Joe Mama

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Edit: Oops, minor transcription error there!

I wouldn't be excited about Jason Terry, especially at around $7 million per year.

I keep forgetting his contract status. Hoopshype says he's a free agent this summer. Is that right?

Last edited:

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
elindholm said:
They see the terrorism threats as an easy way to say that they won't play.

I keep forgetting his contract status. Hoopshype says he's a free agent this summer. Is that right?
Who are you talking about and who did you quote? :confused:

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought Atlanta matched a rather large contract offer from Utah last summer. He is not a free agent this summer.

Joe Mama

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
elindholm said:
Why not just Terry for the #2 straight up? The Hawks can draft a PG with the #6 pick or hang onto Sura. They don't really want Terry anyway, but he could work out well in Los Angeles.

and you think the clippers would trade the #2 pick for terry? c'mon . . . join us back in reality. i'd be shocked if you could get a mid-first-rounder for terry these days.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
It all depends on his contract. Certainly his talent level is worthy of a top pick, although perhaps not so high as #2. But if his contract sucks, that lowers his value.

sunsfn

Reaction score
Atlanta needs a lot of help, and I think the Clippers can get a couple picks from Atlanta for Howard. The Clippers can get their point guard on Atlantas pick and Atlanta will owe them more somehow.

If they decide to trade players so be it, but the Clippers will get more than just one pick from Atlanta.

:cool:

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05