Mock Draft

mkapp

CheesyPoof!
Reaction score
Sporting News shows the cardinals taking Ronnie Brown at number 8.

8. Cardinals Ronnie Brown RB Auburn 7th (-1) 7th / 25th
The Raiders' trade for Moss helps the Cardinals here, who can land the explosive feature back they desperately need with the retirement of Emmitt Smith and Marcel Shipp coming back from a broken leg. Brown is the complete package.

He ran a 4.3-4.4 in the 40...kid has some wheels.

Cardsmasochist

Full Throttle!!
Reaction score
I wish we could get Ronnie Brown. But he wont last past #5. He will be the first running back chosen.

I think he is going to be a stud. With him and a few OL free agents our offense would be able to catch up to our D. We would still be able to draft a TE and maybe a QB.

I would rather have Ronnie Brown than Travis Henry any day of the week.

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
While numbers and college proformances are very enticing and have value, I would respectfully like to point out Travis Henry has had success at the pro level and that's something that even some of the most talented collegate athletes has failed to do. I would be intrested in hearing why you'd prefer any unproven asset over a proven one, if you have some time. Gut reactions are cool too, Personally, I'm just scared of say, a Thomas Jones fiasco. Not that the players are similar in style or mentality, but I always fear busts at marquee positions.

With Free Agency providing even playing fields for all NFL teams, some people would be more inclinded to go with proven players. I realize that modern sports culture is all about the "hype" but is it also possible that the draft could eventually decline in stature (ie massive rookie contracts, that kind of thing) as the FA structure asserts itself more? We've already seen more trade speculation taken seriously in the last 2 years, who knows where it could go from here?

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
People are going to nuts on Brown's 40 time,which,by the way ,officially was 4.48.Not the 4.3 everyone is claiming. He may well be gone by 8 but i still think he's the #3 back off the board.The guy had a greta combine but that in itself won't push him past Benson.Remember,it's all about producing on the field. The same goes the opposite way for Clarett.While he has no chance of getting drafted in round 3 now, those who think he'll now go undrafted are just plain stupid and wanting him to fail.He'll go in round 5 or 6 now and that could be a good thing for the Cards.We can still get a nice group of players in the first 4 rounds and then add potentially the best player of them all in the 5th. It's like Terrell Davis was saying during his interview with Clarett last night, he did 11 reps on the bench and ran a 4.7+ forty at the combine.He seemed to turn out ok for a 6th round pick.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
SuperSpck said:
While numbers and college proformances are very enticing and have value, I would respectfully like to point out Travis Henry has had success at the pro level and that's something that even some of the most talented collegate athletes has failed to do. I would be intrested in hearing why you'd prefer any unproven asset over a proven one, if you have some time. Gut reactions are cool too, Personally, I'm just scared of say, a Thomas Jones fiasco. Not that the players are similar in style or mentality, but I always fear busts at marquee positions.

With Free Agency providing even playing fields for all NFL teams, some people would be more inclinded to go with proven players. I realize that modern sports culture is all about the "hype" but is it also possible that the draft could eventually decline in stature (ie massive rookie contracts, that kind of thing) as the FA structure asserts itself more? We've already seen more trade speculation taken seriously in the last 2 years, who knows where it could go from here?

Tend to agree with your post if Henry is healthy. He has proven himself in battle. Draftees have proven nothing.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Cardsmasochist said:
II would rather have Ronnie Brown than Travis Henry any day of the week.

I don't understand this logic. If Travis Henry was only a 1000 yard back then I would probably agree and "gamble" on the draft but you have a proven 1400/1500 yard back vs a totally unkown.

I take the sure(er) thing.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
john h said:
Tend to agree with your post if Henry is healthy. He has proven himself in battle. Draftees have proven nothing.

I'm with you on this one john h.

If we trade for Henry, we can stick to the BPA strategy.

Also, I'm sure everyone was oooing and ahhing over Thomas "get that telephone away from me" Jones. I wonder what his 40 time was at the combine?

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Virginia RB Thomas Jones was impressive in his workout, running a 4.43 40 yard dash, a 35" vertical and a 10'4" long jump he also benched 225 lbs 24 times. Should easily go in the top ten probably to the Cardinals.

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
SuperSpck said:
Virginia RB Thomas Jones was impressive in his workout, running a 4.43 40 yard dash, a 35" vertical and a 10'4" long jump he also benched 225 lbs 24 times. Should easily go in the top ten probably to the Cardinals.
Yeah don't remind me. But Thomas finally broke out last year but man I still wish we drafted Alexander though.

Cardsmasochist

Full Throttle!!
Reaction score
TheCardFan said:
I don't understand this logic. If Travis Henry was only a 1000 yard back then I would probably agree and "gamble" on the draft but you have a proven 1400/1500 yard back vs a totally unkown.

I take the sure(er) thing.

Travis Henry has a tendency to fumble and get hurt. I doubt that he would have put up those numbers behind our offensive line. Then, again, Ronnie Brown, nor any other RB will unless will get some key FA o-linemen.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05