Monday Night Announcers...

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
Kornhole is terrible, I can't stand hiom. He has absolutley no insight and no repore with Theisman....ughhh. It's painful listening to him. Why do they pick people like this? This is almost as bad as Dennis Miller...almost!
And the 2nd team with Jaws..he's an idiot, I don't like him on Countdown and he's rarely ever right about anything, way too hyped up about being stupid.
Just had to get it off my chest...
Any thoughts from you guys and gals?

Tim

Reaction score
I can't disagree about the first team, but I've completely enjoyed Vermeil and Jaws. They actually make intelligent football comments instead of "dumbed down" generalized statements. They have high football IQ's and are able to communicate it. I like the 2nd team.

Red Dawn

Go Big Red!
Reaction score
I agree that Kornholio and Theeesman suck. Whoever decided that a football announcing crew needed a witty Dennis Miller clone was nuts.

I also like Jaws and Vermeil, they are a good team.

OP
OP
blindseyed

blindseyed

Reaction score
Red Dawn said:
I agree that Kornholio and Theeesman suck. Whoever decided that a football announcing crew needed a witty Dennis Miller clone was nuts.

I also like Jaws and Vermeil, they are a good team.

I do like Vermeil but I just never did like Jaws as a commentator....at least it was Deion doing it

bratwurst

on double secret probation
Reaction score
Who was it that paired with Theisman to do color in the old Sunday night booth? I don't think a lot of people liked that trio but that was the only booth I liked to listen to. There really isn't any other announcer setup that I liked.

Well, except for Glanville paired with anyone for comedy reasons.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
bratwurst said:
Who was it that paired with Theisman to do color in the old Sunday night booth? I don't think a lot of people liked that trio but that was the only booth I liked to listen to. There really isn't any other announcer setup that I liked.

Mike Tirico and Paul Maguire?

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Theisman is too in love with himself

OP
OP
blindseyed

blindseyed

Reaction score
bratwurst said:

It was Paul McGuire(sp) and Mike Patrick. I thought Paul and Joe had a good rapport goin
Glanville was always a riot no matter where he was...lol