More Coaching Ghanges

Irish

Registered
Reaction score
Rumors are running hot and heavy that Flip Sanders is in trouble in Detroit.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dime-080531

Saunders' Status Uncertain In DetroitESPN - 05/31 - 11:56 AM EST
You must be registered for see images attach
Pistons insiders told ESPN.com that there is a 50-50 chance that Flip Saunders will return to coach the team next season, according to Chris Sheridan.

Saunders has coached Detroit for the last three years, and is entering the final year of his contract.

After the Pistons made consecutive trips to the Finals, Saunders has now failed in three-straight appearances in the Eastern Conference Finals.

He now holds the record for most Conference Finals games coached (24) without making a trip to the Finals

If he does get fired, one job that might open up is in Atlanta

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/hawks/stories/2008/05/29/hawks_0530.html

Woodson Believes He Deserves To ReturnThe Atlanta Journal-Constitution - 05/30 - 5:05 PM EST
You must be registered for see images attach
Hawks' Head Coach Mike Woodson believes that he deserves to return to the bench with the team next season, according to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

"He's going to have to take a moment to sit back and talk with individuals and get a feel for who is who and start making some decisions," Woodson said of new General Manager Rick Sund.

Woodson's contract expires on June 30.

"That's how it works, man. It's the first time I've been in a position like this as a head coach. But I'll sit down with him again next week, and we'll just start building a relationship," Woodson added.

"Because at the end of the day, he and I have to be on the same page, along with ownership, so we can continue what we started."

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
In this age of instant gratification, it looks like coaches are going to be turned over more than ever before.

Of course in the Suns case, "instant" means 40 years.

OP
OP
Irish

Irish

Registered
Reaction score
If the Pistons are going to completely retool, then Flip may be better off moving on.

As for Woodson, I haven't seen them enough to know if their success this year is due to his coaching or just having a tem loading with lottery picks who finally got a little bit older.