More dreaming... This trade works

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
http://www3.realgm.com/index.php ID#2429109

Nene Hilario, Eduardo Najera

For Quentin Richardson

It works numbers wise. Nene has never seemed to be liked in Denver. He is very athletic, long arms, Big body at 6'11" & thick. Solid all around player who can play solid defence, can score, can rebound & can block some shots. Good upside IMO with all the focus on Amare he should excell. Nene would be a restricted free agent after the season giving us total control if we want to keep him.

It moves Amare & Marion back to their natural positions letting them become more dominant, & we become a much bigger lineup.

Najera adds depth to SF. He wont play much but he is a hustle guy which is good to have off the bench.

Nene/Hunter?
Amare/Midlevel exception guy?
Marion/Najera
JJ/JJ2
Nash/Barbosa

I like it alot. Much more potential in the playoffs.

OP
OP
Goldfield

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
Denver is trading 2 guys off their bench for a starter who had alot of pub last year. They have been searching for a 3point shooting guard.

I think this trade has perks for both teams.

Camby
Martin
Carmelo
Q
Miller

Thats a good starting 5

Dr. Dumas

Registered
Reaction score
BEERZ said:
Denver is trading 2 guys off their bench for a starter who had alot of pub last year. They have been searching for a 3point shooting guard.

I think this trade has perks for both teams.

Camby
Martin
Carmelo
Q
Miller

Thats a good starting 5

That's a good starting 5 if Camby can hold up for the year(which is not likely).

JPlay

JPlay
Reaction score
That trade makes Denver too strong. I would rather we keep Q.

thegrahamcrackr

Reaction score
The buzz about Nene is fading fast. I really don't want that much to do with him, especially not at the price of any of our starters.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
thegrahamcrackr said:
The buzz about Nene is fading fast. I really don't want that much to do with him, especially not at the price of any of our starters.
I think you can get him for less later on. Noone is "desperate" to get him from what I have read. He would fit good with us I think, but I too wouldn't give the farm for him when I doubt he would take much to get eventually. Patience should be our key. ;)

OP
OP
Goldfield

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
I dont agree at all, Q is hardly the "farm".

Did you see the contracts guys like Fortsen get? There is a premiem on BIGs that have any skill at all. Nene isnt setting the world on fire but if he is available for a guy like Q you have to jump on it. SG's & SF's are a dime a dozen. A guy that isnt a stiff at center would make Amare twice as good.

Not to mention Nene/Amare/Marion/JJ would be a very athletic & long team.

Last edited:

thegrahamcrackr

Reaction score
BEERZ said:
I dont agree at all, Q is hardly the "farm".

Did you see the contracts guys like Fortsen get? There is a premiem on BIGs that have any skill at all. Nene isnt setting the world on fire but if he is available for a guy like Q you have to jump on it. SG's & SF's are the easiest positions find quality help. A guy that isnt a stiff at center would make Amare twice as good.

Disagree on so many counts. First off, 3 point threats spread the offense so much. The only thing Nene could theoretically provide is increased support on defense, but that hasn't been proved.

OP
OP
Goldfield

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
thegrahamcrackr said:
Disagree on so many counts. First off, 3 point threats spread the offense so much. The only thing Nene could theoretically provide is increased support on defense, but that hasn't been proved.
Trading Q isnt gunna stop our three point shooting. With JJ & Nash we should be one of the best % shooting teams from midrange out past the three.

Nene would do alot more than "increase support on D" althought that is our biggest need.

He can bang inside on both ends of the court. He can rebound, block shots, he even has a descent 12 - 15 foot jumper. He has skills, I am not sure why he hasnt become much better yet. But with Amare next to him he should beable to take advantage of all kinds of oppertunities.

Not to mention he would be the next best guy in the paint with the ball after Amare.

I honestly think its a great fit. And a no brainer.

If Q is worth more than Nene then maybe we get a 2nd rounder or a 1st. But I would do it either way.

HooverDam

Reaction score
I find the idea of trading one of our starters for Nene simply Hilario :biglaugh:

cly2tw

Reaction score
BEERZ said:
He can bang inside on both ends of the court. He can rebound, block shots, he even has a descent 12 - 15 foot jumper. He has skills, I am not sure why he hasnt become much better yet. But with Amare next to him he should beable to take advantage of all kinds of oppertunities.

Not to mention he would be the next best guy in the paint with the ball after Amare.

I thought you should put in the qualifier "He is supposed to...". The fact is, he is not any of that yet. He is still just potential, though potential we might want to gamble on, but by no means would I rely our next season's interior defense on him as if he were already what he is supposed to be.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
cly2tw said:
I thought you should put in the qualifier "He is supposed to...". The fact is, he is not any of that yet. He is still just potential, though potential we might want to gamble on, but by no means would I rely our next season's interior defense on him as if he were already what he is supposed to be.

That's right. I also don't like the idea of the Phoenix Suns trading away key players for guys who will be free agents next year. I mean I guess they could do it just to get rid of Q's salary. That makes some sense. I just hate to see them get guys like Wilcox, Ely, or Nene, who if they pan out will demand big contracts next summer.

Joe Mama

OP
OP
Goldfield

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
Joe Mama said:
That's right. I also don't like the idea of the Phoenix Suns trading away key players for guys who will be free agents next year. I mean I guess they could do it just to get rid of Q's salary. That makes some sense. I just hate to see them get guys like Wilcox, Ely, or Nene, who if they pan out will demand big contracts next summer.

Joe Mama
If they pan out then we got good production out of him. I would much rather have our cap tied up in quality bigs then on swingmen.