And here is the male specimen in the wild

Attachments

• eagles_moron.jpg
    eagles_moron.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 77

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Its amazing what winning will do. Where were the fans when you were losing? I used to live there. There were but a few.

I guess you didn't read my handle

CardsFan88

But again, seeing how Phoenix area has grown 20-30 percent since 2000, and similarly every decade the previous few, whenever you were here, there is bound to be more, and they are not all bandwagon fans.

Again Cardinal fans don't just reside in Phoenix. They also have quite a big pocket of fans in St. Louis, and Chicago.

In my 30 years of life, the metro area has tripled in size. They weren't all born here.

Philly, about the same, maybe 5 percent increase in 30 years, including the New Jersey parts. If we go by just Philadelphia in general.
1960 2,002,512 −3.3%
1970 1,948,609 −2.7%
1980 1,688,210 −13.4%
1990 1,585,577 −6.1%
2000 1,517,550 −4.3%
Est. 2007 1,449,634 −4.5%

Here are the phoenix numbers

1960 439,170 311.1%
1970 581,572 32.4%
1980 789,704 35.8%
1990 983,403 24.5%
2000 1,321,045 34.3%
Est. 2007 1,552,259 17.5% (in 7 years instead of 10)
Projected 2010 1,636,170 (if true would be a modest 23 percent growth from 2000 figures) - But hey with the housing crunch it might just be accurate

Of course this is just Phoenix. Most other Phoenix area cities, are doing the same, at similar or even higher percentage growth. Like Mesa.

1970 63,049 86.7%
1980 152,404 141.7%
1990 288,104 89%
2000 396,375 37.6%
Est. 2007 452,933 14.3%

or Gilbert, AZ
1970 1,971 7.5%
1980 5,717 190.1%
1990 29,188 410.5%
2000 109,697 275.8%
Est. 2007 207,550 89.2%

You also see substantial growth in other cities (but not limited to) Scottsdale, Tempe, Chandler, Glendale, Peoria, etc, etc. The Buckeye area if memory serves correct seems to be the next small town turn urban sprawl coming up. In 30 years it very well might be bigger than Mesa is now, and that's just Buckeye.

Also don't forget Phoenix and Tucson are very soon going to be one big mega-region.

Do you think you'd have as many Eagles fans if most of your population was born in another football town/region?

Not an excuse, just a fact of demographics. But the tsunami is coming. It will change, and has been steadily despite our losing ways over the past 20 years. At this point an entire generation has grown up with the Cards. I don't have children, but at 30, here in 2009, you can be sure there are now Cardinal fans, who were 5-10 years old when the Cardinals moved here (I was 10), who now have there own 2nd generation Cardinal fans entering the fold.

But think of this one. In thirty years, who will have more fans, Cardinals or Eagles? I have a good shot to see that :)

It's the sons and daughters of those that move here, that will be the converts. It's happening all around, and games like Sunday help drive it.

Maybe this is causing it
http://www.gadling.com/2007/10/22/survey-finds-philadelphia-populated-with-america-s-least-attract/

Also on the list Washington and Dallas are 23rd and 24th

Thank god we got out of the NFC least (attractive that is) :)

Last edited:

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Over the years, I have encountered quit a few Eagles fans in the wild (aka at sports bars). Here is what to look for if you would like to observe this creature:

-5 foot 8 overweight man with a goatee
-Heavily worn Eagles replica jersey with permanent stains (finger food war-wounds)
-Tommy Hilfiger Cargo shorts
-untied basketball shoes
-An incredibly big mouth
- A breathalyzer score of over .28

If you see any of these fans at UoP on Sunday, please let them know that they are not at home any more

I took a lot of heat from a group of about 30 these punks while walking into the Christmas game a couple of years ago. Let them know that things have changed

The female version looks very similar but with smaller breasts.

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its amazing what winning will do. Where were the fans when you were losing? I used to live there. There were but a few.

Sweating at Sun Devil Stadium.

Its not just about losing, though that is part of it. Its about how terrible place SDS was to watch NFL games. ASU games are moistly at night, so even if the place was a dump its not so bad. When its 115+ in the stands [I've seen temps of 130+ with reflected heated from the concrete] its an entirely different story.

In cold places you can always put more stuff on, in AZ there is no escaping the heat and searign sun

SuperPhan

Reaction score
seriously, this is the best you have? the best quip in your arsenal? you and the cards are pathetic. can't wait to hear you cry on Sunday.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
seriously, this is the best you have? the best quip in your arsenal? you and the cards are pathetic. can't wait to hear you cry on Sunday.

ROFL, are you serious?

Does that mean you are going to the game, or are you listening to voices in your head again?

We can say the same thing about some of you Eagles fans coming on here. Here's the average Eagles hater, 'You fans and the cards are pathetic'

Seriously, all you haters keep using the same line, with nothing to back it up.

You are coming to our board, and not even making good trolls. That's pathetic.

jstadvl

R U gonna B My Girl
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Fred, I really respect your attitude and comments. But, let's leave baseball out of this. MOST philly fans, I've met, are along the lines of Cowpuke, Raider, you know, moron fans. Trying to impose this "east coast tough" or thug mentallity on everyone.
Now, being from the east coast, I left that behind me a long time ago.
My point is, you can see this, When people come on here and dis our team, it raises hairs. Philly has had alot of getty up in the last ten years. We are getting ours now, starting Sun.
Good luck,
DVL

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

my friend, we'll both be crying come Sunday, only our tears will be those of jubilation and yours of heart-ache and anguish that you know oh so well from most of Donovan's appearances in the NFC Title game.

RandomGuy

Registered
Reaction score
Hey, I can't imagine there are many 355lb athletes that in any better shape. That's a ton of weight to haul around.

And most of these linemen would give us a run for our money in a 10-20yd dash.

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Wait, you guys have fans? Really? You can't even sell out a ****ing playoff game. Losers

The lack of knowledge you brought with your registration to this board is an amazing feat. Next you will probably ask where all of the indians will be setting up their tailgate teepee's.

Oh yes, five posts and you threw in profanity. Nice knowing ya slick.

WSOPG

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
"Cards still hope to sell out the game, the first the team has hosted in Arizona."

Atleast they are optimistic

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
"Cards still hope to sell out the game, the first the team has hosted in Arizona."

Atleast they are optimistic

What in the world are you talking about?

WSOPG

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
These are quotes about your team hoping to sell out a playoff game. When you have to hope to sell out a playoff game, or any game for that matter, you know you are all pathetic

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How long did it take to sell out your Eagles home game? What? You didn't have one?

Ooops!

RandomGuy

Registered
Reaction score
How long did it take to sell out your Eagles home game? What? You didn't have one?

Ooops!

We can't all play in the NFC West and get the division leader tiebreaker for home game determination, right?

It did take under 7 minutes to sell every single-game seat for the full season of home games for the last 7-8 years running.

Not that anyone is being snippy on this thread, of course.

cardsloco

Registered
Reaction score
We can't all play in the NFC West and get the division leader tiebreaker for home game determination, right?

It did take under 7 minutes to sell every single-game seat for the full season of home games for the last 7-8 years running.

Not that anyone is being snippy on this thread, of course.

Not to be snippy either, but you only won 2 games in that division of yours. I think if we played in the NFC east this year you guys don't even get into the playoffs.

jstadvl

R U gonna B My Girl
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
some of you jack-wads are the reason people like myself stopped coming here for awhile. A whole lot of energy dumped into a sensless pit.

RandomGuy

Registered
Reaction score
Not to be snippy either, but you only won 2 games in that division of yours. I think if we played in the NFC east this year you guys don't even get into the playoffs.

Possibly. But if Arizona is back in the NFC East then we're both looking upward at the Giants destroying the division and having to get into the playoffs solely on W/L record.

All those lost divisional games were mighty close. Four losses by a combined total of 22 points. In fact, outside of the Baltimore game, every other Eagles loss this year was by a TD or less. A lot of hard-luck losses.

RandomGuy

Registered
Reaction score
some of you jack-wads are the reason people like myself stopped coming here for awhile. A whole lot of energy dumped into a sensless pit.

Nah. It seems like most of the jockeying is centered in just a few threads like this one. The rest of the threads are pretty solid.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05