My Finals prediction

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Detroit over the Suns in 5.

I vaguely follow the suns. Loved basketball in my teenage years. hope the suns win it all!

Think they can deal with 1 big man (Duncan) but wont have any answers for the Wallaces. Dont slam me with facts or numbers lol jmo.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
My counter-prediction

The Suns will not lose in the Finals. If they get by the Mavericks and Spurs, they're winning it all.

jibikao

Reaction score
If we have a healthy team... I really like our chances against the Spurs.

Yes, Spurs is nearly unbeatable at home but their road games are average at best this season.

They lost two games to Sonics which was very depleted.

We have full home court advantage throughout the playoffs so as long as we win our home games we should be fine.

But now...JJ is gone.. and I won't really put too much hope on him even when he comes back 'cause there is just not enough time to get him ready for the big games. And god knows if he can adapt to wearing the mask or not... sigh.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I gotta believe if the Suns win this series without JJ, then go and beat the "team to beat" in the next round - nothing will stop them in the Finals. Can't wait for tonight's game - I hope for once they get out to a fast start - haven't done that since Game 1 - constantly battling from behind.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
Whoever wins the Western Conf will be the champions. Eastern Conf is weak and boring. I have my doubts that Suns can get by the Spurs.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
DeAnna said:
I have my doubts that Suns can get by the Spurs.

Why is that? They didn't look nearly as unbeatable vs. the Sonics as everyone said they were going to be.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
Why is that? They didn't look nearly as unbeatable vs. the Sonics as everyone said they were going to be.

Just a gut feeling. If our series goes to 7, the Spurs will have more rest time.

But I did notice that Tim Duncan hurt his ankle last night so he may not be 100% for the series.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DeAnna said:
Just a gut feeling. If our series goes to 7, the Spurs will have more rest time.

But I did notice that Tim Duncan hurt his ankle last night so he may not be 100% for the series.

not to mention the fact that we haven't exactly been gang-busters in our series and aren't as healthy as the Spurs. Those would be my two biggest reasons for doubt - oh and championship experience.

That being said - seeing the Spurs struggle to put away Seatte does make me feel a lot better IF we get to them.

Man - how stoekd would the NBA be with those two conference match-ups? The last time 4 Super Teams played each other I believe was back in 1993 when it was Suns v. Sonics (best West teams all year) and Bulls v. Knicks.

thegrahamcrackr

Reaction score
Chaplin said:

People assumed they would kill a healthy sonics team. It was almost pushed to a game 7 without Radmonovich or Lewis playing.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Skkorpion said:
The Spurs will win it all.

well - if we get to the next series - make that 3 in a row Skkorp picks against us. Dude - how the hell did you pick the Grizzlies to beat us? That's just ********.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Chaplin said:

true, but for whatever reason the sonics have played them tough all year. sometimes it's just individual matchups.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it will either be San Antonio or Detroit again. I may be in the minority here, but I would like our chances against Detroit in the finals better than if we were facing Miami.

Joe Mama

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
I would've loved to see Suns vs Sonics in the semi-finals ...run and gun all the way!

frankiekazoo

Reaction score
"Eastern Conf is weak and boring."

Dooooit - homer alert! Try telling that to Detroit (current champs) heh heh. I agree though, that outside of the big three (indiana inc.) there isn't much else.

As for MO, i like our chances against the Spurs after seeing how they struggled with Seattle. Miami is the the only team I think we'll find it impossible/unlikely/ possible with a high degree of difficulty (hard to say!) to beat in seven games if we make it to the Finals. Shaq is just unstoppable if he wants to be.