My mock

jjjcardsfan85

Reaction score
Here is my first mock. I think we trade with chargers who are desperate for an offensive tackle. We give them 7 for 11 and 46. I am assuming warmack goes 10 to titans.

11. Jonathan Cooper OG UNC-He has a great combination of size,speed , and agility.He is the best pulling guard in the draft and a great downfield blocker.

38.Jonathan Cyprien S Florida Int.-He is an aggressive player and a hard hitter reminds me of a young AW.

46.Sam Montgomery DE/OLB LSU-Great speed and has a knack for tracking down plays from behind.

69.Montee Ball RB Wisc.-Stays patient and lets plays develope than hits hole hard and has deceptive power.

103.Landry Jones QB Okla.- Good developmental prospect for BA and Moore to work with and mold their way. 3 seasons of 4200 yards passing is worth the chance at this pick.

140.Denard Robinson WR Mich.-Burning speed and crazy athlete will help us stretch the field.

174.Nick Kasa TE Colo.- Good blocker with good hands as well as balance.

217.Steve williams CB Cal.-Hes a short corner but makes up for it with his speed, good open field tackling, and good instincts.

Ok there is my mock, let me know how bad it is now haha. Im so excited I wish the draft started today.

Last edited:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice mock. I'd be surprised if Warmack and Cooper both make it to the 10th spot and I'm not too enamored of Montgomery but all in all, not bad. I don't know if we wait that long on a Tight end either.

Steve

Catfish

Registered
Reaction score
Nice choices. Solid draft. Like Steve, I'd be shocked to see both Cooper and Warmack make it to the 10 pick. You did a good job of covering needs, yet making sound selections.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nice mock. I'd be surprised if Warmack and Cooper both make it to the 10th spot and I'm not too enamored of Montgomery but all in all, not bad. I don't know if we wait that long on a Tight end either.

Steve

Nice choices. Solid draft. Like Steve, I'd be shocked to see both Cooper and Warmack make it to the 10 pick. You did a good job of covering needs, yet making sound selections.

I'd actually be shocked if both OG's aren't available for the Titans unless we take one. Who besides us in the top ten has a need for an OG?

I'm also noticing that more and more mocks have the OG's sliding deeper in the draft. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

jjjcardsfan - I'd be good with this draft, nice job.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd actually be shocked if both OG's aren't available for the Titans unless we take one. Who besides us in the top ten has a need for an OG?

I'm also noticing that more and more mocks have the OG's sliding deeper in the draft. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Prior to the last CBA where you'd be forced to overpay for a position that traditionally didn't warrant the big bucks, I'd agree with you. Now, though, there's no reason not to take an OG (whether it's a dire need or not) if you think he's the best player available and by many accounts, Warmack and Cooper are top 5 talents.

Steve

52brandon

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

if they're as good as analysts say, any team would benefit from drafting them

Jay Cardinal

Die Hard Cardinals Fan
Reaction score
Good draft. Good use of the late picks with Landry Jones and Denard Robinson. Two of my favorite late round picks. Good value/risk in the fourth with Landry Jones. I think its at least possible he ends up as the best QB in the draft five years from now. Denard Robinson looks like a game breaker to me. If you can take him in the fifth round, you are getting best player available. I am worried another GM will fall for him and he gets picked earlier, possibly as high as the second or third round.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Prior to the last CBA where you'd be forced to overpay for a position that traditionally didn't warrant the big bucks, I'd agree with you. Now, though, there's no reason not to take an OG (whether it's a dire need or not) if you think he's the best player available and by many accounts, Warmack and Cooper are top 5 talents.

Steve

if they're as good as analysts say, any team would benefit from drafting them

I understand what both of you are saying.

Has the NFL changed enough that an OG is considered on the same level as a LT or QB or Pass Rusher or DT or CB or even a Safety or WR? Teams will set their boards with weighting based on position. While Warmack and Cooper are considered top echelon talents they are still "just" OG's.

We will see if how this shakes out in about 8 days but I wouldn't be shocked if Warmack and or Cooper slide further than many expect.

With the new CBA the chances of drafting a "non impact" position might increase in the top tem but has the game changed that much?

Forget all that and think back to the last two years where QB's were over drafted early and often. I would be les surprised if 3 QB'S are taken in the top 15 than 2 OG's taken in the same range.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I understand what both of you are saying.

Has the NFL changed enough that an OG is considered on the same level as a LT or QB or Pass Rusher or DT or CB or even a Safety or WR? Teams will set their boards with weighting based on position. While Warmack and Cooper are considered top echelon talents they are still "just" OG's.

We will see if how this shakes out in about 8 days but I wouldn't be shocked if Warmack and or Cooper slide further than many expect.

With the new CBA the chances of drafting a "non impact" position might increase in the top tem but has the game changed that much?

Forget all that and think back to the last two years where QB's were over drafted early and often. I would be les surprised if 3 QB'S are taken in the top 15 than 2 OG's taken in the same range.

The quickest route to the QB is through the interior and with today's quick strike passing game many teams are moving their blitzes to the inside. The value of an OG is going up at the same time the value of the Offensive Tackle is declining. I think we're going to see the increasing importance of the interior of the line in this draft. I really think that if Warmack and Cooper are truly rated as highly as scouts are saying that at least one of them will be gone before the 10th pick and quite probably both of them.

Steve

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
I think there is a good chance that at least one of them will be there. Remember last year with David Decastro. He fell to 24 and was suppose to be a once in a decade OG.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think there is a good chance that at least one of them will be there. Remember last year with David Decastro. He fell to 24 and was suppose to be a once in a decade OG.

Oh sure, it's possible that one of them slips. I just think that the days of them automatically being devalued because of their position are behind us. Five years ago it would have been unthinkable for two OG's to go in the top 10 but the league is changing. OG's that can block in space will soon carry a premium similar to that of the left tackles of yesterday.

Steve

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Good Draft.

I would take it as is, yet not a fan of Denard Robinson. Could get a late round offensive lineman instead, but as I said. It is fine as is.

Good job.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good Draft.

I would take it as is, yet not a fan of Denard Robinson. Could get a late round offensive lineman instead, but as I said. It is fine as is.

Good job.

Denard the person or Denard the quarterback? I kind of like the idea, as a wide receiver and for the options he'd give us lining him up in the backfield occasionally. Unfortunately I think someone will "reach" on him and take him in the 3rd or 4th. But I agree, as an overall draft, it would be a pretty good selection of players.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Denard the person or Denard the quarterback? I kind of like the idea, as a wide receiver and for the options he'd give us lining him up in the backfield occasionally. Unfortunately I think someone will "reach" on him and take him in the 3rd or 4th. But I agree, as an overall draft, it would be a pretty good selection of players.
Big thing is that Robinson is finally beginning to get the feeling back in his arm-shoulder-hand or whatever after his injury.