My pick at 10 is still

Second Deck

Registered
Reaction score
Vernon Davis but with the Cards not signing another QB I think if one of the three drop to 10 that will be our pick. I cannot see us going into the season with Navarre as #2.

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
Thats a little bit like saying my pick at #10 is Reggie Bush

That great if Davis is there, but its increasingly looking like he wont be

seesred

Reaction score
I would love to have him..He wont be there . If he is and Young is there as well, we probably go with Young. I hope either one is there.16 Days till draft day!

GBR

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sigh. Many of you on the Vernon Davis bandwagon keep forgetting (or ignoring) the type of offense Denny Green runs and that offense makes very little use of the TE as a pass catcher.

In my opinion, Davis is the one and only BPA that Denny would pass on.

NEZCardsfan

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
There is no way the 9ers don't draft this guy if he is still on the board.

OP
OP
S

Second Deck

Registered
Reaction score
Skkorpion said:
Sigh. Many of you on the Vernon Davis bandwagon keep forgetting (or ignoring) the type of offense Denny Green runs and that offense makes very little use of the TE as a pass catcher.

I don't know Skorp, Rowen had Gonzales in KC and was their goto guy in the passing game. I just think Davis is to good to pass up. I doubt if he is there anyhow so is proably a mute point.

Crimson Storm

#11, 81, 32
Reaction score
This is a little off-topic but just wondering...at times last year (the Carolina game comes to mind) we lined up Anquan in the backfield in sort of a "H-Back" spot (similar to how Washington uses Cooley) and got some nice results.

I wonder if Denny will incoporate some different gadget wrinkles in the offense similar to that.

Savage58

Defense, Defense, DEFENSE
Reaction score
Skkorpion said:

But wasn't KW2 like 3rd in his BPA that year behind Fitz and S. Taylor? :p

That would seem he does value the TE position just a little bit.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Savage58 said:
But wasn't KW2 like 3rd in his BPA that year behind Fitz and S. Taylor? :p

That would seem he does value the TE position just a little bit.

Thats what I was thinking too. I just dont see how you pass on him. He would be my number 1 choice too if he"s there.

CardShark

DEAL WITH IT!
Reaction score
He was also one of his blue chip players that he identified this year. If he was there I don't think DG would even hesitate to draft him.

CardinalChris

Big Man Himself
Reaction score
Skkorpion said:

Now there are some decent H-back types in the third or fourth Denny would love, but for the most part he uses his TEs very little in receiving. But, Denny is smart enough to go after talentg and figure out a way to use them. Davis wouldn't be out of the question, but like En Fuego, I think he's gone by 10.

This will be interesting to see if Denny goes for a immediate impact type player (o-Line help) or better player, less help early (QBOF). I definately wonder if there is a tug of war between the short termers (green) and front office staff hoping to stay on as long as possible (Graves).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan