My problem with the fumble

Big Super

Kard's Kool-Aid Drinker
Reaction score
Both the staff and Warner were to blame for the fumble. The staff should have called a max protect knee to drain the clock - the loss of 2 -4 yards over 2 plays is acceptable if it doesn't put your kicker on the edge of range for a Field Goal (w/ Rackers - I don't think this was the case). Also, Warner's first and only responsibility in that situation was to ensure that possession was maintained by the Cards. Neither happened. While Warner fumbled the ball, and lost this game, the staff bare the burden as well.

Big T

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I watched the replay several times, even with stop action.

From what I saw, the BALL NEVER GOT TO WARNER LIKE IT SHOULD HAVE!

Step drilled himself in the old wazoo with the snap. IT WAS SHORT. That fumble was on him more than anyone.

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I can't believe so many people talk about downing the football? People when we got the ball it was on the 30 yard line!! Therefore it would have been a 47 yard field goal from there. I'll even take it further. Had we taken a knee... it would have ended up being over 50 yards? Go back and watch the replay. It was the right call, but horrible execution!

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't believe so many people talk about downing the football? People when we got the ball it was on the 30 yard line!! Therefore it would have been a 47 yard field goal from there. I'll even take it further. Had we taken a knee... it would have ended up being over 50 yards? Go back and watch the replay. It was the right call, but horrible execution!

Couldn't agree more. You have to move the ball as close as possible. I was actually shocked at how well the Cards were moving the ball against the Rams when they knew we were going to run it. Kudos to the O-Line.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Couldn't agree more. You have to move the ball as close as possible. I was actually shocked at how well the Cards were moving the ball against the Rams when they knew we were going to run it. Kudos to the O-Line.

Yes, I would not have liked them to take 3 knees and put it all on a kick. I can't even blame the trap call because I was thinking they had a great chance to gash them with a run or two and I'm sure Rowen felt the same way. (But, then I would have playactioned and thrown a pass on first down.)

That's a play these guys have run literally thousands of times in their lives. There's no way they should not have executed it properly.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05